The Billie Ray Martin and Electribe 101 Chat Oasis

It BREAKS MY DARNED HEART

Its a shame that "18 Carat Garbage" wasnt QUITE as good

You must gmail some the highlights of said album in the abscence of any sign of it...

I've just remembered my mum liked this album... Or rather she's just reminded me...

I thought you HAD IT BY NOW

I PROMISE i shall BURN IT ASAP

And yes, a full scale BILLIE revival. That could be misread out of the context of this thread...

I'll follow your smile INTO the MOON

Yes a Billie revival is ESSENTIAL. It's only about THREE of us know the MAGIC

Hey what'd you SAYYYYYYYYYYYY

Oooh, I really HAD forgotten JUST how good this album really is

It IS rather a limited club it must be said. But to be honest, I QUITE LIKE IT that way... :D

I still get the ODD URGE to pick up a Billie cd single in a charity shop

Unfortunately, its ALWAYS "Your Loving Arms". I'm always CONVINCED at moment of purchase I haven't got it or its a different cd to the one I have so may have a new HOLY GRAIL of a mix. it NEVER is

:D

There IS one that's worth looking out for that's got about TEN mixes on

I just find the standard normal 5 (?) trk every time. AND keep buying it

Ive KEPT the MIND Shop in PROFIT for the past FIVE years based on BILLIE ALONE :D

Oooh I hadnt thought of iTunes- there are few BILLIE moments Ive been looking to download for a WHILE

Billie is RATHER well represented on iTunes. I'm becoming reacquainted with Deadline For My Memories after stupidly losing the CD years back :zombie:

Ooh just recieved... And the tracks have come up on my PC so all is saved...

Ta muchly!

It's all bit too UPBEAT really... Her voice is still impeccable mind...

I do like Deadline... but I'm much more keen on 18 Carat Garbage. AMAZING album, love all the old soul-styled stuff especially Where Fools Rush In and I've Never Been To Memphis.

I downloaded a few Billie tracks from iTunes, when I was experimenting with legal downloading. No Brakes On My Rollerskates is mad genius, Dead Again and Persuasion slightly less good from what I remember.

"18 Carat Garbage" is nowhere near as good as "Deadline..." but has some corkers on it- the title track for example is ASTONISHINGLY good, as is "I've Never Been To Memphis"

I might have an iTunes frenzy tomorrow...I have a £15 voucher to spend

Can you gmail the ones you have Fetch ? Ive not got much that isnt on the albums

*sigh*, thats ME by the way and not CWEJ

I wish the little FUCKER would stop going on my computer without TELLING me

cwej said:
"18 Carat Garbage" is nowhere near as good as "Deadline..." but has some corkers on it- the title track for example is ASTONISHINGLY good, as is "I've Never Been To Memphis"

I might have an iTunes frenzy tomorrow...I have a £15 voucher to spend

Can you gmail the ones you have Fetch ? Ive not got much that isnt on the albums

Done the three I have.

I just LOVE the Garbage album, though it helps that Ms Peebles features heavily too. The shop on her website has some rather tempting items, but it looks like one of those once you start buying it all becomes a NECESSITY affairs.

Cwej was saying she was somehow off key

If you ask me thats part of the APPEAL. It doesn't QUITE SIT with the music which gives it a lovely otherworldy quality

And yes, "No Brakes" is quite MAGNIFICENT

Her voice is PERFECT. I've never considered any voice to be good or otherwise by vocal QUALITY. Mind you Cwej is a NONCE

Ooh, these are rather good. I think I'm going to have Billie phase for the next few days.

"No Brakes..." is a work of LUNACY - I love it :D

I do like the two songs Ag gave me

She's a fucking hard one to track down on eMule though, I TELLS YA

Ooh I've got a FABULOUS Chicane remix of "Honey"

It sounds SO 1997. it's basically "Offshore" with her singing. I LOVE IT!

I won't even bother putting my opinion on her voice in here then seeing as I've ALREADY been told I'm an imbecile before I even said it.

funky said:

She still sings OUT OF TUNE though the fucking stupid CUNT. her voice is a thing of great beauty my ARSE - she sounds like Sharleen Spiteri with a traffic cone inserted up her rectum.

But I'm still not gonna bother giving you my opinion on her.

:shy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom