The Great British Bake Off 2019

When the vet woman starts speaking it takes me a few seconds to tune in to her frequency and understand what she is saying.

I'm not feeling that drawn to many of them yet.

Did chinny gay say 'such a beautiful man' when beardy boot was crying? :D

Another week of BANTS from the youth.

THE first episode of The Great British Bake Off has shed 400,000 viewers in the overnight ratings, compared with the series launch last year.

The 90-minute episode drew an average of 5.7million viewers, peaking at 6.6million, Channel 4 said.

The channel won the time slot with a 30.6 per cent share even though these are the lowest overnight ratings for a launch since 2013, when the first episode drew 5.6million viewers to BBC Two.

Still impressive - considering the time of year and its propensity to have a strong catch-up presence.

I enjoyed it - but as with any show of its ilk, I just wonder how many times we can see the same things over and over again. I think the baking bubble has burst a bit - especially with quite a big shift to healthier foods over the last few years.

Were the episodes 90 minutes last year as well? I thought they were 75 minutes when they first went to 4.

It's certainly enough to male me record it rather than watch it live, so I can whizz through the adverts and claim a good 20 odd minutes back.

Were the episodes 90 minutes last year as well? I thought they were 75 minutes when they first went to 4.

It's certainly enough to male me record it rather than watch it live, so I can whizz through the adverts and claim a good 20 odd minutes back.

It is back to 75 minutes next week, it was presumably just a bumper (or bloated) opening episode only.

Helena coming through in the showstopper round again. It had better be enough, most of the rest of the contestants are leaving me a bit cold at the moment.

I've missed the first two episodes now. I think I'm out :(

I have just watched episode 2 now, and by the end realised I am not really liking any of them.

It's all a bit mechanical by this point.

Sandi and Noel are lovely, but their schtick is predictable.

There are only so many ways you can say "that's really nice" or "that's undercooked". Most of what the judges are talking about means nothing because you can't taste what they're tasting.

Did you all give up on this? I started today and they’ve certainly gone for a lot of twinks this year.

I hate healthy gay with a passion, when he was talking about he didn’t use colors on his biscuit showstopper cause it’s classier I wanted to smack him.

I think the baking bubble has burst a bit - especially with quite a big shift to healthier foods over the last few years.

I’m sorry but :D

I think it’s fair to say fatigue and the shift in network is the reason for the decline and not that people in the uk are so healthy they can’t watch cakes on tv.

I've stopped watching TV shows with murders in them since the Tories got tough on crime.

I, personally, won’t watch soaps until assured they are free of microcrystals.

Sandi and Noel are ok, Prue is alright but they just aren't Mel, Sue and Mary. Paul can join Boris Johnson in the ditch for all I care.

The contestants aren't bad overall, some of them are likeable enough (healthy baking doctor aside) and it's easily as good a cast as e.g. the final season on BBC but the whole framework just isn't the same anymore.

I still think advert breaks are a big part of why I lost interest.

To be fair, I'm watching without ad-breaks a day later, so that doesn't really tip the balance either way in my case. But if I lived in the UK, GBBO would probably be one of the 2-3 times per week I'd switch on the TV and I could totally see the ad-breaks being a big turn-off in that case.

I took a 2 year break so that’s probably why I’m excited for it again

Steph is very sweet, and Helena is great. Any of them to win please.

In a turn of events it is being reported that Henry (organ playing shirt and tie boy) is 'dating' Alice (toothy geography teacher).

In a turn of events it is being reported that Henry (organ playing shirt and tie boy) is 'dating' Alice (toothy geography teacher).

Uh-huh. Sure.

Honesty, it's not a bad bunch of contestants. Healthy baking doctor is by far the worst -- the rest is varying degrees of alright, quite fun.

As soon as they announced the near-exclusively under 40 cast I predicted a showmance.

I fear the first Channel 4 season might have lulled us into a false sense of security that they wouldn’t end up over-producing it.

It was an utterly charming and lovely little show when it was on BBC 2 and remained that way even when it hit the big time in its transfer to BBC 1.

Now it's just a shadow of its former self. I caught an episode of the current series. Prue Leith is awful. Noel tries too hard. Sandi is the only saving grace.

I miss Mel, Sue & Mary. It's easy not to watch when once it was compulsive viewing.

Noel’s flirting with the gothy woman is one of the cringiest things I’ve watched on TV all year.

Helena managing to be just about least worst and having her moment of glory in the technical. :disco:

Some of the results this series have been really OFF - it doesn't necessarily feel like they're judging week by week.

I LOVE Henry - he's nowhere near the most technical or creative baker, but I just want him to succeed.

Some of the results this series have been really OFF - it doesn't necessarily feel like they're judging week by week.

Yes I agree, the comment Paul made tonight about two bakers falling behind was quite general in retrospect.

That said, Helena was a great character but I do think she was held back by her insistence on making EVERYTHING horror / vampire related. Talk about baking yourself into a corner - at times I think her flavours suffered for the sake of her design.

This does not make any sense

"They come to me because I am dead" :D

I'll miss Helena but she was very up and down. Still probably not the two people I'd have sent home.

ABSOLUTE CUNTS getting rid of my GOTH QUEEN :oi: I'm not sure I can be arsed to watch anymore. Well I know I will, but I will be pissing about on my phone all the way through. YEAH. TAKE THAT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom