The Last of Us (HBO Adaptation)

Also I cannot believe they're going to zip through the first game in nine episodes :D However that should mean it never drags and the budget must be immense! A different set every episode at least surely?

The shots of the skyline in the end and of that ”body” they found that had been completely taken over by the fungus were incredible.

And still I wonder, if everything so far has been so faithful to the game, what did you actually play? 🤔

The shots of the skyline in the end and of that ”body” they found that had been completely taken over by the fungus were incredible.

And still I wonder, if everything so far has been so faithful to the game, what did you actually play? 🤔

This should give you an idea (ignore the talking)

Also I cannot believe they're going to zip through the first game in nine episodes :D However that should mean it never drags and the budget must be immense! A different set every episode at least surely?
I think they are of considerable length though, the third one seems to be "movie length" which these days is about 4 hours :D

Really, I’m just stunned. This is what our youth is wasting their time and lives on?

Last edited:
Ok grandpa
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

I think they are of considerable length though, the third one seems to be "movie length" which these days is about 4 hours :D

Oh that's pleasing, I thought the first one was only 90 minutes because 30 were taken up by the intro, so figured the rest would be an hour. Glad they're all long. I want everything.

The games must have made shit tons of money so I wonder if that's helping finance it in a way, given how involved the game's creator is.

One big change (which I only realised after reading about cordyceps) is that fungal SPORES are not being used here it seems, which is obviously a huge part of how you get infected in the games. Apparently it's to prevent characters having to wear masks in a lot of scenes. Seems like a good call to me

Oh that's pleasing, I thought the first one was only 90 minutes because 30 were taken up by the intro, so figured the rest would be an hour. Glad they're all long. I want everything.

The games must have made shit tons of money so I wonder if that's helping finance it in a way, given how involved the game's creator is.

Seem like only Ep1 and Ep3 are the big ‘uns

Episode 1: 81 minutes (Confirmed)
Episode 2: 55 minutes
Episode 3: 76 minutes
Episode 4: 46 minutes
Episode 5: 59 minutes
Episode 6: 59 minutes
Episode 7: 56 minutes
Episode 8: 51 minutes
Episode 9: 43 minutes

I didn't know much about the game but I thought this was pretty impressive.

I wasn't completely sure I loved Bella Ramsey, though by the end of the episode I had warmed to her somewhat.

This is very good and very scary (I don’t normally feel affected by silly scary stuff but this one feels real)… but also mostly very depressing.

Oh it only gets worse. Last of Us 2 is a very nihilistic game.

The clicker part made my skin crawl.

OH MY GOD

Not sure if spoilering is really required but anyway:

I assumed that Anna Torv was not long for this show once she was on the road and obviously the third, not featured in promotional material, wheel. Her last scene though, she was so good... Still, the most gross kiss ever

The clicker scene was so well done!

Loved the little side bit at the start in Jakarta to flesh out the bombings and I still can’t get over the scale and size they’re showing us in external shots.

I did think when they went into the hotel we were going to have an hour of Ellie getting dragged about on a plank of wood :D

Does Tess third wheel in the game? I can’t remember.

I remember her dying in a similar manner in the game.

Interesting bit in the guardian comments regarding Jakarta and flour.

- The bombing was mentioned on the radio at breakfast in the first episode
- Joel and Sarah spent the whole episode dodging flour. Didn’t make pancakes, Joel forgot to pick up the cake. She didn’t eat the cookies because they weren’t chocolate

I haven’t started watching this yet but I saw one journalist say that episode 3 is going to end up as the best TV episode of the year.

This show!

I’m still pretty whelmed with this. It was a good episode with some lovely moments but I guess the world doesn’t hit me the way the GoT universe does. It could also be the over hype.

I'm not sure about the "omg best episode ever" talk, I tried hard not to be caught up in that expectation. But still, wow...

It was beautifully done and acted. I nearly welled up, possibly because the characters of both reminded me of my own relationship a little bit, and then watching ourselves and our bodies change and grow old. It was particularly poignant because they had their perfect little world away from everything, protected by Bill's traps/paranoia. And that Bill found some happiness (and a bit of COCK, obviously) was a lovely ending for him. The twist of Frank being ill years later was heartbreaking.

In the game, none of this happened. Bill was an (understandably) crazy man who lived in his booby-trapped town. You don't see Frank - any relationship is only alluded to by finding letters, and the suggestion was (I think, it's been ages since I played) they fell out as Frank didn't want to stay there. Bill never knew what happened to him, and you then later (as Joel and Ellie) find Frank's body hung in a garage with a suicide note :(

The TV version did it MUCH better given there's enough misery to contend with. It was only a small part of the game so changing it worked without affecting the story. Amazing work all round!

I'm always (as in the games) a bit confused as to how these infected actually work...I mean, we saw one not attacking Tess but just trying to infect her. So what happens to the ones that rip you apart? Is that just clickers or do runners do that too? I mean it doesn't make sense to try to KILL people does it if the goal is to pass the fungus on...yet that's what we get.

I'm sure none of this matters, it's just a cleverer way of saying ZOMBIE, but I want clarity on their function :D

And I keep marvelling at how close to the game these locations look, until I remember it's all based on actual Boston. The capitol building especially took me right back. Even the museum looked the same.

Poor Tess but a great ending (in the game she doesn't hold off infected to allow Joel and Ellie to escape, but Fedra/the military who are hunting them. Again another change that worked for the better here - running from people with guns is BORING after all).

Bit disappointed we didn't get an excuse for them to climb the leaning skyscrapers, but probably wouldnt have made sense, I can't even remember what logic lead to that in the game

I'm always (as in the games) a bit confused as to how these infected actually work...I mean, we saw one not attacking Tess but just trying to infect her. So what happens to the ones that rip you apart? Is that just clickers or do runners do that too? I mean it doesn't make sense to try to KILL people does it if the goal is to pass the fungus on...yet that's what we get.

I'm sure none of this matters, it's just a cleverer way of saying ZOMBIE, but I want clarity on their function :D

Hmmm yeah. I take it not everyone becomes a clicker or bloater or their would be far too many of them at this point considering the amount runners we had seen.

I'm not sure about the "omg best episode ever" talk, I tried hard not to be caught up in that expectation. But still, wow...

It was beautifully done and acted. I nearly welled up, possibly because the characters of both reminded me of my own relationship a little bit, and then watching ourselves and our bodies change and grow old. It was particularly poignant because they had their perfect little world away from everything, protected by Bill's traps/paranoia. And that Bill found some happiness (and a bit of COCK, obviously) was a lovely ending for him. The twist of Frank being ill years later was heartbreaking.

In the game, none of this happened. Bill was an (understandably) crazy man who lived in his booby-trapped town. You don't see Frank - any relationship is only alluded to by finding letters, and the suggestion was (I think, it's been ages since I played) they fell out as Frank didn't want to stay there. Bill never knew what happened to him, and you then later (as Joel and Ellie) find Frank's body hung in a garage with a suicide note :(

The TV version did it MUCH better given there's enough misery to contend with. It was only a small part of the game so changing it worked without affecting the story. Amazing work all round!

I started to well up when he got his first kiss and again in bed. I can’t place why it felt personal but it did. That first kiss with someone who just feels right is a magical moment and it was brilliantly done here.

I think in the game Frank didn’t even like Bill which makes what we see in episode 3 even more sad even thought they’re obviously two separate entities :D

I started to well up when he got his first kiss and again in bed. I can’t place why it felt personal but it did. That first kiss with someone who just feels right is a magical moment and it was brilliantly done here.

I think in the game Frank didn’t even like Bill which makes what we see in episode 3 even more sad even thought they’re obviously two separate entities :D

It’s brief but he refers to him as his partner

It’s all just so SAD 😢

Attachments

• AB595A24-A431-448B-B310-1D1B8FBD7358.png
    AB595A24-A431-448B-B310-1D1B8FBD7358.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 59
of course I am subjected to a hardcore bittersweet gay story the day Mr M leaves for a month. nearly cried my eyes out

that's it, I'm becoming a prepper (the survivalist kind) and he's never leaving home again

My video game knowledge is about equal with @RaspberrySwirl, but I just watched episode 1 and it was pretty captivating. And really unnerving at times. This isn't my normal thing, but I've got to get to the gay episode I keep reading about on Twitter :D I like it so I'm sure I'll end up watching the whole thing

My video game knowledge is about equal with @RaspberrySwirl, but I just watched episode 1 and it was pretty captivating. And really unnerving at times. This isn't my normal thing, but I've got to get to the gay episode I keep reading about on Twitter :D I like it so I'm sure I'll end up watching the whole thing

Don’t. It’s just too sad.

Even listening to the podcast today it was still TOO SAD 😢

I loved this episode. Both leads were wonderful but Offerman was something else. I am not going to look but I am sure there are some delightful types complaining about it being excessively gay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom