The MADAME Lounge

The expression! Having come within quite close range of MADAME last year, it's quite obvious that she wouldn't take to SCREAMERS. You have to regard her like royalty (the proper sort, not scabby old LIZ) and quietly stare in awe, possibly shedding a single, silent tear

AND QUITE RIGHTLY SO

Say what you will about NICKY, she had the right idea:

1280_Nicole_Kidman_Isabelle_Huppert_012417_GettyImages-632602020.jpg

1280_Nicole_Kidman_Isabelle_Huppert_012417_GettyImages-632602020_EMBED.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that Madame is absolutely going along with it, with none of that OH DARLING THERE'S NO NEED fake modesty, makes it even more :disco:!

I don't know how to embed youtube videos anymore but she's amazing in those 8 Women bloopers

From about 3:08

:D Oh they're quite the joy as I never imagine her fucking up her lines and laughing. Mind you, probably didn't happen much in 'Time Of The Wolf'...

I want to imagine that gif above is how she looked at the camera while Lily Tomlin lost her shit on the set of I Heart Huckabees. :disco:

Reactions: Zu
OMG
She was in 8 Women? I hadn't realised! So I HAVE watched a film of hers. I'm feeling instantly better.

Oh I fucking love that film and she was so the best thing yes

I want to imagine that gif above is how she looked at the camera while Lily Tomlin lost her shit on the set of I Heart Huckabees. :disco:

How has THAT not been posted in this thread yet? :D

It's the way she's so UTTERLY BORED by the whole thing :disco:

*Ignores Lily's screaming fit and nonchalantly checks makeup in rear view mirror*

Last edited:
:D

Bonus points to Naomi Watts too for slipping out a giggle and setting OLD LIL OFF AGAIN.

I've always avoided 'I Heart Huckabees', mainly because of my enduring resistance to French actresses doing things in English and also because of the terrible title, but is it as horrible as I fear it might be? Madame apparently has some sort of sex scene in a muddy puddle or something so it can't be ALL BAD

How many meltdowns did Lily's castmates have to ENDURE on the set of Huckabees? :D What an absolute nightmare!

I have practically no memory of I Heart Huckabees as a film. I think I might be a bit allergic to David O.Russell as I thought Silver Linings Playbook was a pile of piss.

How many meltdowns did Lily's castmates have to ENDURE on the set of Huckabees? :D What an absolute nightmare!

:D And "I have no idea what level to play this at" INDEED

You're not in a TARKOVSKY LOVE!

I always think of 'I Heart Huckabees' as being a nineties film but Madame was in the highly popular romcom 'The Piano Teacher' only three years previously so you can just imagine what was going through her mind when Lily kicked off. YEAH RIGHT WHATEVER

I always think of 'I Heart Huckabees' as being a nineties film but Madame was in the highly popular romcom 'The Piano Teacher' only three years previously so you can just imagine what was going through her mind when Lily kicked off. YEAH RIGHT WHATEVER

:D

"I had to slit my clit with a RAZOR Lily, keep it DOWN."

Reactions: Zu
David O Russel was being a cunt and Lilly had had enough. He is known to be a dick on set.

Also that wasn't the only meltdown

My God! I had no idea things could get so heated! Is there any interview with Lily about this?

WOW
That guy in the white suit is the director? :o

Pic from the new Haneke film

304FAFFD-4CD8-4DCE-AD3C-E5FAC17295CE_zpsrmd4ogbv.jpg

omg is she married to Toby Young in the film? There's not many places left to go for Haneke so I hope this is a proper FANTASY REFUGEE REVENGE film.

What's Toby Jones doing in it? Has he run out of deranged scientists and legends/fat bastards of pop culture to play?

Oh and of course she was in "Amour" which I CAN NEVER WATCH AGAIN.
I may give this a miss...:shy:

There's a truly splendid review of 'Happy End' in The Guardian - five stars, hello, and it's described as a "satanic soap opera of pure sociopathy" - which says...
Of course, with a Haneke movie, we are waiting a final flourish of violence or shock. Inevitably, perhaps, this comes from Huppert.

Well FANCY THAT :D:disco:

RIEN DU TOUT for 'Happy End' at Cannes but I must say it does sound a bit same old TBH. At least Andrey Zvyagintsev's 'Loveless' won the Jury Prize, although some Swedish thing IN ENGLISH snatched the Palme d'Or :evil:

To make up for the very nerve of Pedro and co. not giving her every single award going, here's a picture of Madame presenting something or another with that subtly wild-eyed look that suggests there's probably polonium hidden under the lovely statuette, or broken glass at the very least :disco:

Isabelle-Huppert:-Kering-Women-in-Motion-Awards-2017--07-662x979.jpg

One of the news reports about the Manchester attack showed a clip from the minute silence held in Cannes and Isabelle was there in the centre looking exactly as above.

Sorry to soil this thread with a picture of Juliette Binoche (whose new film is apparently quite good but I'll be the judge of that) but what DOES she look like these days and what IS she wearing? It looks like she's carting around some thin-strapped rucksack from Sports World (£4.99). To think that she was once my go-to queen of French cinema (admittedly mainly because of 'Three Colours: Blue' which was about 50 years ago.) Thank goodness for MADAME :disco:

4vq4c4qe3aml67p9v7drgedfy.jpg

Happen she's in character for the Beatrice Dalle biopic?

Can we do a French actress rate? I'm in the mood to discuss a bit of Carole Bouquet, Ludvine Sagnier and Anne Parillaud, to name a few.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom