The Moopy Celebrity "Cancellation" Tracker

I do understand the need to give comedians the freedom to protect humour when it comes to people being overly precious, but then there’s the doubling down and being provocative for the sake of it. It’s not funny at all.
That's exactly what the clip comes across as. Maybe somewhere within how he likens comedians to actors and that the latter can disassociate from the role they play, but the former can't (when clearly some comedians are playing characters, to some degree) lies a grain of truth. But he's used a really horrible, crass example to illustrate it. The topic is so sensitive that it's really not possible to have any meaningful debate over it.

That's exactly what the clip comes across as. Maybe somewhere within how he likens comedians to actors and that the latter can disassociate from the role they play, but the former can't (when clearly some comedians are playing characters, to some degree) lies a grain of truth. But he's used a really horrible, crass example to illustrate it. The topic is so sensitive that it's really not possible to have any meaningful debate over it.

It’s that sort of “I need to be shocking to prove a point” mentality which I think he thinks is creative but actually comes off as lazy

I wonder if personal bias plays into this as well? If you hate the comedian you're probably more inclined to find their jokes offensive.
Joan Rivers used to come out with mean and crass stuff, but I still found her funny.

I’ve been watching a bit of old Joan Rivers stuff recently and honestly, for her legacy’s sake she’s probably very lucky she died when she did.

I was just saying this yesterday :D It would have been very tough

Reactions: VoR
I've never found Ricky to be particularly funny, the only thing I've enjoyed is After Life, and that's because of the other cast.

Annette Crosby is hilarious in this scene.

Although he wrote every funny word they say and directed all their performances, so it's hard to deny his part in what that cast achieved.

Last edited:
There are some of us who have disliked him from the start. Always been one of the cunt club to me - like Michael McIntyre. And Lulu.

He was on Graham Norton on Friday and it struck me that he seemed unusually quiet and low energy. Almost as if he was even sick of himself.

Sometimes it's like Hollywood builds these characters up only for them to get too familiar and gutsy.

Last edited:
Is he not cancelled already? Not somebody I tend to pay close attention to but still… surprising I guess.

Gervais so cancelled that he’s been nominated for a Golden Globe. :manson:

I’m not on twatter so maybe someone can find the utter shite that known footy SeeYouNextTuesday Joey Barton has been saying about women commentators and officials in football

He’s been sacked from whatever manager job he had so he’s clearly positioning himself as soccer’s version of Katie Hopkins, to earn himself an easy payday.

What a dickhead!

It's all over the papers here because he used to manage one of the local no hopers, although I'm not sure if that's what he was fired from most recently.

Clearly a massive prick, putting out feelers for a GBeebies gig.

I’m not on twatter so maybe someone can find the utter shite that known footy SeeYouNextTuesday Joey Barton has been saying about women commentators and officials in football

He’s been sacked from whatever manager job he had so he’s clearly positioning himself as soccer’s version of Katie Hopkins, to earn himself an easy payday.

What a dickhead!

Yeah - this happened a couple of weeks ago and it is all very deliberate. Clearly trying to position himself as the Laurence Fox of football to capitalise on the small but loud minority of wankers who constantly moan about women in men's football (or even women in women's football based of what i've seen). People quickly found images of him holding a "Her game too..." sign in the past which shows that his heart isn't really in it. I also think he's just miffed that he isn't good enough to land a punditry role and is blaming the women in those roles for the fact he can't stroll into one.

Has anyone here heard of Matt Rife? He's an American comedian I've got to know of through Tiktok.

He seems very popular in America and is getting more well known here too. He's one of those comedians that tells his jokes by taking the piss out of the audience mainly.

But he's getting worse and worse with his jokes, I think the most recent one is where he makes fun of domestic abuse. It did not go down well online.

But, his female fans are now split, half of them now hate him and the other half love him because he's beautiful.

I started off liking him a year ago, but the more I see his clips the more I think what a cock he is.

Oh actually he's most recent is getting into an online argument with a 6 year old and doing a fake apology to anyone he's ever offended, and when you click on the link it takes you to a "special needs helmet" page or something 🤦🏻‍♀️

Has anyone here heard of Matt Rife? He's an American comedian I've got to know of through Tiktok.

He seems very popular in America and is getting more well known here too. He's one of those comedians that tells his jokes by taking the piss out of the audience mainly.

But he's getting worse and worse with his jokes, I think the most recent one is where he makes fun of domestic abuse. It did not go down well online.

But, his female fans are now split, half of them now hate him and the other half love him because he's beautiful.

I started off liking him a year ago, but the more I see his clips the more I think what a cock he is.
I only know of him because I read of a 'controversy' on twitter/facebook/Instagram a few weeks back.

I decided to not look any further as as funky's post proves, we have enough wankers of our own. I don't need to search out imports.

I'm disappointed in him. Definitely don't search for him. He's becoming more and more "controversial". And he's one of those annoying comedians who tells a joke and then laughs at himself for ages.

I've never really seen Ricky Gervais do stand up, I just liked him in After Life.

I did see some comments on here about people hating Michael McIntyre tho and I can't understand why. He's the least offensive comedian I've seen...isn't he 🤔

How people can find Jimmy Carr funny is beyond me as well. His jokes are so below the belt it's shocking!

Oh no, I liked Matt Rife when he kept popping up on my Instagram. He could be really funny in small clips. But then I watched his Netflix special and it was DREADFUL. He is beautiful though.

Oh no, I liked Matt Rife when he kept popping up on my Instagram. He could be really funny in small clips. But then I watched his Netflix special and it was DREADFUL. He is beautiful though.
I started his Netflix special but got a bit bored, I realised I prefer him in small doses. But he's grating on me now.
But yes, incredibly beautiful specimen, which is why I liked him to start with :D

How people can find Jimmy Carr funny is beyond me as well. His jokes are so below the belt it's shocking!

Back in 2017, when I was recovering from my big op, I decided I would get netflix. I watched 3 Frankie Boyle specials pretty much in a row and, while Boyle could go beyond the knuckle and into the bone, I wasn't 'offended'. I put on a Jimmy Carr show afterwards and switched it off after 20 minutes but it was so gratuitously offensive without being in any way funny. I like Carr as a host - he's quick witted and a good foil but as a stand up he's just appalling.

Back in 2017, when I was recovering from my big op, I decided I would get netflix. I watched 3 Frankie Boyle specials pretty much in a row and, while Boyle could go beyond the knuckle and into the bone, I wasn't 'offended'. I put on a Jimmy Carr show afterwards and switched it off after 20 minutes but it was so gratuitously offensive without being in any way funny. I like Carr as a host - he's quick witted and a good foil but as a stand up he's just appalling.
Yep totally agree, as a host he's good.
I went and saw him live a few years ago and his jokes were so shocking, it's like he thinks the more shocking he is the better he is.

That's the fallacy, isn't it. Carr and Boyle were responsible for so many utterly shit comedians who thought that just being "shocking" was a route to fame. Boyle pivoted to something that he actually valued, stopped doing crowd work and made the brilliant New World Order series, his best work. Carr is still making "your mum" jokes, despite Aisling Bea absolutely SPEARING him on the subject on 8 Out Of Ten Cats Does Countdown.

What a dickhead!
FB_IMG_1703254969456.jpg

Paul Mascal owning the internet on christmas day with reports of being a slag is exactly what we deserve after a mostly shit year

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom