The Moopy True Crime Den (documentaries/podcasts, etc.)

I binged The Night Stalker on Netflix last night. That was gross.

Price of Honor (amazon prime) - father kills his two daughters in taxicab after their mom lures them home after they ran away. He remains at large, and there is a terrifying 911 call they play where the dispatcher basically blew them off as they were dying.
Apparently he was captured in August after 13 years! How nice

I tried to start this last night but got distracted a few minutes in. Is it better than The Ripper?
The one about the Yorkshire Ripper? I'm inclined to say yes, but the Yorkshire Ripper is very ingrained in British culture so perhaps had more interest to Brits.

The Night Stalker was pretty new to me, so his depraved crimes were more shocking. Plus it was in California which is instantly a bit more thrilling than Leeds.

I’m still not over The Night Stalkers poor dentistry

but fucking hell what a depraved Cunt

I’ve gone on a serial killer spiral I watched “Longford” and “see No Evil” about the moors murderers the other day.

Night Stalker is fast, furious and trashy as SHIT and I'm loving it :D

also, god, LA looks like such a DUMP!

Watching The Act (the tv show about Gypsy Blanchard) and I can’t believe they milked 8 episodes out of the story. It would have been great in 5 or 6 episodes at most but this is so fucking slow.

I watched The Night Stalker. Thought they could have condensed it into 2 episodes instead of 4 but it got good once it got going! The bit about the local LA people forming a mob and attacking the killer with a METAL BAT when they recognized him in the street before he was apprehended :D

I LOVE "This is actually happening", apparently the creator posts out an audio recorder to the participant and then just gets them to talk into it for as long as they need then edits it into a story... My favourite:"What if you staged a dramatic rescue?" You WONT be disappointed

I watched The Night Stalker. Thought they could have condensed it into 2 episodes instead of 4 but it got good once it got going! The bit about the local LA people forming a mob and attacking the killer with a METAL BAT when they recognized him in the street before he was apprehended :D
Loved it! the first 3 episodes were great but by the 4th when they capture him it had run out of steam - like any heavily anticipated pursuit this one was all about the foreplay :eyes:

good PROPAGANDA for the LA police as well

the best bit was the elderly woman on the news hysterically screaming SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE MUST KNOW WHO THIS GUY IS?!?!

New Netflix 4 part documentary on the mysterious death of Elisa Lam at the Cecil Hotel in LA.

Suicide or something more sinister?

Coming in February!

YES! One of my favourite cases :disco:

Although them eking out 4 parts is a bit worrying. There’s not all that much to it.

v2DX5g.gif

If dramatisations count I’m enjoying ‘The Serpent’ about Charles Sobhraj at the moment.

I loved The Ripper on Netflix! Felt much less salacious than The Night Stalker for instance and really critical of the police and misogynistic media. I loved that it gave an actual voice to the women who had been survivors or involved in the case, and put very little focus on Sutcliffe himself. I'm a bit scared to sleep tonight now :D

Oh yes true crime documentaries are my thing. I loved The Ripper, I felt gripped by how they portrayed the hysteria of the time and it was really interesting to see parts of West Yorkshire back then.

Night Stalker was also great, I knew nothing about that case so it was great to see it unfold.

I assume everyone watched The Staircase and The Jinx a few years back? Both crazy!

Weirdly, I just put the Colin Ireland documentary on before I saw this thread had been updated :disco:

Actually, five men died so I'm not sure the disco emoji was massively appropriate.

Yeah I’ve done two so far. Not as engaging as I thought it would be.

Was a bit :( at the ‘foot’ footage though....

Also the part with the couple just nonchalantly talking about

DRINKING THE WATER ELISA WAS ROTTING IN FOR WEEKS.

How would you EVER STOP SCREAMING?
I've just got to this bit. They said the water was brown, sludgy and had a funny smell to it, then in the next breath said they were cleaning their teeth and drinking it. WOT

Agree, the fact they did that was lunacy!

The documentary was definitely over-sensationalised, I mean it was hardly American Horror Story: Hotel.

Too many YouTube clips and soundbites too.

Yes, they could have condensed it into one hour. And it was a bit heavy handed with the conspiracy theories. I had not heard about the story before so it was interesting even though I generally avoid watching unsolved cases because i find them less satisfying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom