The United Kingdom: The RISHI RICH Sunak ERA

Sophia Moneyed Cooch being a definitely real person and former leatherette Tatler sex bomb now spilling the tea on Gen Z for readers of the Telegraph has SENT me

This fucking inbred cunt should do my job for a couple of days. 'Gen-Z' isn't lazy, they're fucking broken by a government which has spent the last fourteen years dedicated to not giving a fuck about them.

Fucking hate judgemental, scumbag cunts like whatever the fuck this Sophie Piss-Flap is supposed to be.

Rich girl complains about having to do long hours in a job that daddy handed to her on a silver platter

I bet she’s never had a proper interview in her life

I didn’t even know it was happening tonight. I thought I’d have seen a lot more discourse on it until today

My Twitter was showing me a hell of a lot of Tories I don’t follow their opinion on it today though

How does it work exactly? So anyone 15 and over can still buy cigarettes once they turn 18 but after that generation die off then cigarettes will just disappear? Did another country not already try this then reversed it?

Ridiculous. In 15 years time, you'll have 28 year olds hanging around outside Tesco looking for a 32 year old to buy them 10 B&H.

How does it work exactly? So anyone 15 and over can still buy cigarettes once they turn 18 but after that generation die off then cigarettes will just disappear? Did another country not already try this then reversed it?

The legal age for cigarette sales will rise each year. So, the current law states that you have to be 18 or over to legally buy a cigarette. In 2027, the law will change to say you have to be 19 or over; the year after that, it'll be 20 or over; the year after that, it'll be 21 or over, etc. So, anyone who isn't 18 in 2027 will, in effect, be forever prohibited from legally buying cigarettes.

Yeah as much as I hate smoking this is a stupid law, prohibition hasn't worked for 50 years with other drugs so I don't see why it'll work for cigarettes.

I don’t think they realistically expect to completely abolish cigarettes, but it will cut the number of users dramatically. As as an ex smoker who enjoyed a cheeky fag (or pack) for YEARS I’m pretty much in favour, as no one who never smokes is really going to care. I’ve been quite shocked how much I don’t miss smoking myself since getting past the initial withdrawal.

NZ had it in ready to start, but it was reversed when National got in a few months ago.

I don’t think they realistically expect to completely abolish cigarettes, but it will cut the number of users dramatically.

I think this is where I'm at. Cigarettes aren't just going to disappear, but there are more arguments (and benefits) to make in favour of this law than there are against it.

:D

Sunak is surely not going to survive a dismal round of local elections next month.

What a strange sword to die on

Who even smokes anymore? Does he understand that kids ages 9 are swapping vape flavours in the playground like they’re pear drops?

(Actually I think you can get a pear drop vape come to think of it)

This won't really ban tobacco fully for about 95 years. I can imagine interest in tobacco will wain heavily as vape technology improves.

Can confirm that most school kids have no interest in tobacco. Many do vape though.

I broadly support it. Someone had to at some point.

What a strange sword to die on

Who even smokes anymore? Does he understand that kids ages 9 are swapping vape flavours in the playground like they’re pear drops?

(Actually I think you can get a pear drop vape come to think of it)
I’ve currently got BLUEBERRY RASPBERRY :disco:

Let’s be honest it hasn’t been the same since they banned these.

IMG_6226.jpeg

Can confirm that most school kids have no interest in tobacco. Many do vape though.

I broadly support it. Someone had to at some point.

Smoking does seem like something that will end up more or less being phased out generationally anyway. The perception and popularity of it have certainly diminished massively in our lifetimes thanks, in part, to interventions like regulations on packaging, advertising, how cigarettes are sold in shops, banning it indoors, etc. Despite the noise around this from some quarters, I think it'll ultimately just be one of those things that passes and quietly becomes the norm. I'm certainly not convinced that in a decade's time, there'll be swathes of twenty-somethings protesting at the loss of their civil liberty and demanding a change so that they can legally make themselves poorer and sicker.

I don’t think they realistically expect to completely abolish cigarettes, but it will cut the number of users dramatically. As as an ex smoker who enjoyed a cheeky fag (or pack) for YEARS I’m pretty much in favour, as no one who never smokes is really going to care. I’ve been quite shocked how much I don’t miss smoking myself since getting past the initial withdrawal.

One million percent. Even though I am a filthy smoker I am under no illusions how disgusting it is.

Are you not generally on and off the fags more than a cannabis farms trip switch?

I still love the odd cig on a night out but my cravings have diminished loads in the last year or so.

I only ever smoke to get out of awkward situations (usually involving an ex) and am BULLIED for my TECHNIQUE

I normally get COMPLIMENTS for getting THE END WET, LOVE

One million percent. Even though I am a filthy smoker I am under no illusions how disgusting it is.

Are you not generally on and off the fags more than a cannabis farms trip switch?

Well YES, although I’ve been off them since XMAS which I think is a record for me.

I’ve done a record seven months.

Admittedly, I was only a social smoker since my early 20s but it’s got progressively less over the years and without trying, I stopped in September. Apart from half a cig on my birthday in October, I haven’t even thought of having one, though I do buy the occasional drunken Lost Mary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom