The USA: The Biden Years

Stacey Abrams is running for governor again! Finally some good political news in this country

On the other hand, the Supreme Court are looking certain to tear down Roe Vs Wade. :zombie:

Nobody can blame the Democrats for that, but it'll be interesting to see how the Biden administration responds. Presumably the usual suspects will stifle any progress on expanding the court to balance out the Right wing dominance.

• Angry
Reactions: RJN
That’s part of why I’m so exited about Stacey running again. If the supreme court isn’t going to protect abortion rights, it’s even more important that individual states do.

I would love the court to expand but I’ve lost hope of it happening with the current congress (including a certain person from Arizona). I hope this at least fires up Democrats to elect more governors in 2022.

It’s going to be a complete red state/blue state divide, with rich people in red states traveling for abortion

And corrupt West Virginia senator Joe Manchin has effectively killed Biden’s Build Back Better bill :DAF:

That’ll be the Republicans back in in 2024 then…

• Sad
Happy one year anniversary to the insurrection at the capital! How is everyone celebrating?

everyone get to hackney central we storming lucilles anus to remember the shoilders

So yesterday was a truly disastrous day for the Biden administration

* An attempt to pass meaningful voting reform to curb the creeping Republican rule-changes to literally prevent black people from voting was shot down in the Senate by, you guessed it, Krysten Sinema and Joe Manchin. Manchin had previously tanked the Build Back Better programme, meaning there is now virtually no chance of making the kind of reforms urgently needed to combat climate change.

* The Supreme Court struck down Biden's vaccine mandate, a huge humiliation and blow to his authority.

All while inflation continues to rise across the country.

We're looking more and more likely to get a second Trump presidency at this point, which is absolutely terrifying. The worst thing is I'm not sure what else the Dems can actually DO, so broken is the current system, and how completely the Republicans have ripped the mask off any veneer of good faith political engagement. They are now a far right party in the realest and scariest sense of the word, on a mission to completely destroy what remains of the democratic system.

In terms of the vaccine mandate, as much as it made sense medically, i do think it was a huge error of judgement. Americans are far too obsessed with their CIVIL LIBERTIES, trying to force huge swathes of the population to get vaccinated against their will was never going to work and was ultimately a massive open goal to the Republicans.

• Sad
I know it sounds weird, but I honestly think offering the vaccine for FREE caused some Americans to distrust it - so many just aren't used to that, as a concept. Any proper health stuff has to be paid for, and if it's free it's because the deep state are trying to dose you up with microchips and 5G.

The vaccine mandate was a poor decision. It's one of those situations where if you have to force people to do it, what's the point? It's counterintuitive.

. The worst thing is I'm not sure what else the Dems can actually DO, so broken

Wait for public opinion to turn against the republicans, as it tends to do every few years, while trying to control as many states as possible. Clearly nothing good is happening federally right now

I know it sounds weird, but I honestly think offering the vaccine for FREE caused some Americans to distrust it - so many just aren't used to that, as a concept. Any proper health stuff has to be paid for, and if it's free it's because the deep state are trying to dose you up with microchips and 5G.
Maybe a small minority, but most people don’t like paying for healthcare. Having it cost money would have caused more people not to get it imo

Wait for public opinion to turn against the republicans, as it tends to do every few years, while trying to control as many states as possible. Clearly nothing good is happening federally right now
But every cycle the opinion needs to turn yet further away from the Republicans to overcome gerrymandering etc. that weighs things so much in their favour. It is unsustainable, and from the outside, makes it looks like the US is fucked.

But every cycle the opinion needs to turn yet further away from the Republicans to overcome gerrymandering etc. that weighs things so much in their favour. It is unsustainable, and from the outside, makes it looks like the US is fucked.
well it looks like that from the inside too.

But afaik, gerrymandering isn't getting worse and the Democrats are doing it too. Which is just another reason to try to control as many states as possible. I don't think any of this is good or sustainable, but thats the only bright side I can see in a shitty situation

Depressingly, the best I can hope for in regards to Trump is that he just dies before 2024

Well, yes, my slim hope is that they're banking on goading the Republicans into going so far to the right that they become unpalatable to all but the most hardcore Trump supporters, but right now the polling suggests the Dems will lose the House and the Senate badly this year, which means two years of being unable to get anything done before going up against Trump or DeSantis for 2024.

There's a growing movement to Primary Krysten Sinema at the first opportunity, and her approvals are predictably in the toilet so I can see it happening, but not until 2024, at which point it'll be more academic anyway as there almost certainly won't be a 50-50 split anymore.

Well, yes, my slim hope is that they're banking on goading the Republicans into going so far to the right that they become unpalatable to all but the most hardcore Trump supporters, but right now the polling suggests the Dems will lose the House and the Senate badly this year, which means two years of being unable to get anything done before going up against Trump or DeSantis for 2024.
This seems inevitable unfortunately

There's a growing movement to Primary Krysten Sinema at the first opportunity, and her approvals are predictably in the toilet so I can see it happening, but not until 2024, at which point it'll be more academic anyway as there almost certainly won't be a 50-50 split anymore.
I wonder how much of this "movement" is actually in Arizona. Hopefully this will teach Democrats to be more careful who we run, but I'm not feeling that hopeful for that.

Basically its all so depressing. I still feel good about Georgia/Stacey Abrams, but not the country

Do you think Warnock will win re-election?
Yes. The white rural areas are solid Republican with no room for growth, the black rural areas are losing population quick, so none of the rural vote is changing. The Atlanta area is still growing quick and the Republicans keep alienating them. My fear would be something similar to what happened in Virginia happening here, but the Republican base here is too crazy to nominate a “moderate”

Stacey Abrams is popular among all democrats here, so that’ll help too

Reactions: VoR
Also by all accounts Peter Doocy does indeed appear to be a stupid son of a bitch.

It is! He's at his best when he does the whole 'Irish charm' thing and/or roasts people :D

• Love
I actually can't EXPEND any more energy worrying about a potential Trump victory in 2024. The Dems won, they fucked it*, and what will be will be

It's easy for me to say all that from HERE though, luv to RJN and fellow true patriots

*not really sure if they've fucked it or not but it seems like they have going by Twitter and the three posts i've read here just now before zoning out

Say what you want but at least Trump had STANS, who’s stanning Biden?!?

so exactly where is Kamala Harris? have we seen her since the inauguration?

so exactly where is Kamala Harris? have we seen her since the inauguration?
She was the first female president for 2 hours!

But mostly breaking ties in the senate, when certain senators aren’t fucking over America. The vp doesn’t do much

I kinda want Trump to form his own party and screw the Republicans over.

Also Kamala is so embarrassingly SHIT. But most VPs are tbh

This is hardly one of Bill’s better New Rules segments but the idea of it would have been… fun. :disco:

Thank god. Now Biden can nominate someone younger while he still has a democratic senate

A new number one most unhinged Republican tweet just dropped

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: COB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom