The USA: The Biden Years

This feels like it should a bigger story

Ugly, ugly stuff.

Also the momentum seems to be swinging back towards the Republicans for next week's midterms which is so very depressing.

The attack is ridiculous and an attempted assassination. But something about him using his wife's position in office to make millions from the stock market and then arrested for drink driving, makes it hard to feel sorry for him. I'm not selective with my corrupt millionaires. He's as unscrupulous and privileged as any Republican.

Well this is pretty stark…

Gross but not surprising. Not that the Republicans even help the economy, but facts don’t seem to be a factor for their voters

A strong economy is supposed to be the ONE thing Republicans can do well. But they've become so financially shortsighted.

The Senate just passed a bill aimed at (somewhat) protecting Same Sex Marriage from potential threats by the Supreme Court*, with the support of all 50 Democrats and 12 Republicans, including Mitt Romney. :o (He's been a relatively moderate voice in the Republican party for years, but this would have been unthinkable back when he was gunning for the Presidency).

Noted lifelong bachelor Lindsey Graham voted against. :eyes:

*In the event that the Supreme Court reverses the current national SSM legislation, which many fear/expect they will, individual states can still enforce local bans on new marriages, but they must recognise existing ones and marriages conducted in other states.

Turtle Mitch voted against it and he’s in an interracial marriage :basil:

FiGqCQ2WQAkv3Xr

FiGYavLWAAAYQih

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63905112

Brittney Grinder released, in prisoner exchange for an arms-dealer :eyes:

Feel free to SHOOT ME DOWN in FLAMES, but all things considered I don't think Biden has done the worst job over the past couple of years?
Obviously you can tear most things apart in the political sphere, but considered what could have been - on balance he's been better than the lame-duck most assumed he'd be (oh what a BAR to clear :D)

I have no idea where the wind is going to blow for the Dems in 2024 in regards to the election. Biden has proven to be surprisingly resilient when put to the public vote, but his age is such a problem - and there's no obvious challenger to swap him out for in regards to broad voting appeal (soz Kamala but you'd be a disaster).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63905112

Brittney Grinder released, in prisoner exchange for an arms-dealer :eyes:

Feel free to SHOOT ME DOWN in FLAMES, but all things considered I don't think Biden has done the worst job over the past couple of years?
Obviously you can tear most things apart in the political sphere, but considered what could have been - on balance he's been better than the lame-duck most assumed he'd be (oh what a BAR to clear :D)

I have no idea where the wind is going to blow for the Dems in 2024 in regards to the election. Biden has proven to be surprisingly resilient when put to the public vote, but his age is such a problem - and there's no obvious challenger to swap him out for in regards to broad voting appeal (soz Kamala but you'd be a disaster).
Is his age a problem? It doesn't seem to really have changed anything about his presidency? And I agree. He wasn't my first choice in the primary but he's been doing well

Another low bar, but its nice to have a president who isn't actively embarrassing

This is great to watch. :disco:

Not sure why Matt Gaetz thinks anyone will listen to him though.

Reactions: RJN
He’s already lost four votes on the second round.

Listening out for Cloud, Clyde and Crane.

EDIT: :D :D :D. Gaetz, Good and Gosar next.

Very productive first day :disco:

• Love
Reactions: RJN
I hope not… the republicans are looking particularly incompetent

This will be my first year since 2019 not voting for Raphael Warnock

• Care
Reactions: VoR
Was the split requested? If not, can we put the posts back in the midterms thread and kill this unwanted thread?

So what happens when it goes to a fifth, sixth and seventh vote with the same result? Does everyone just NEVER LEAVE? :disco:

So what happens when it goes to a fifth, sixth and seventh vote with the same result? Does everyone just NEVER LEAVE? :disco:
I do wonder whether there is any precedent for this! Surely they must have to find a solution to avoid compete deadlock, and everyone has a price - but hopefully we can get a good week's worth of entertainment out of this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom