The Vaccination Lounge

Vaccinated? I barely know Ed!

• I've been vaccinated with a different version

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Is it the government or is it more the fact it has been left to the NHS rather than outsourced (like test and trace) ?

I really think they should deploy people like myself to help roll out the vaccine even quicker. I actually had an email yesterday from a local gp surgery asking for volunteer help this Thursday as they're due 1500 doses, sadly I'm working though

My mum (retired nurse) is considering volunteering but not if they're not going to vaccinate her first!

It looks like I'm going to get a DODGY vaccine after all! My Mum's friend who works at the surgery has told her that if wheel her into the room, I'll be offered one as her carer, because they've got too much vaccine and need to use it up.

Which is a problem in itself, but still, I'm OVER THE MOON :disco:

@Tisch's mum is also a retired nurse and she's applied 4 times but they either reject her because she doesn't need to be trained (??!) or just don't respond
Yeah she said the St. John's Ambulance form was really long, and after she filled it out they said she'd get a call back, only to then hear that her call back had been cancelled because they weren't looking for "medical professionals". She's not sure if it's because they're first looking for recruits who they need to train (and it possibly she'll be recruited for training instead) or if it's because they think she'll want paying and they'll need to hire her properly (which she doesn't want anyway). She's also applied centrally through the NHS and directly to the local hospital and hadn't heard back at the weekend (which was after a week). Bit crap.

It looks like I'm going to get a DODGY vaccine after all! My Mum's friend who works at the surgery has told her that if wheel her into the room, I'll be offered one as her carer, because they've got too much vaccine and need to use it up.

Which is a problem in itself, but still, I'm OVER THE MOON :disco:

I thought the carer bit may be the key. When I had mine I observed them doing it for what I assumed to be other ones.

I thought the carer bit may be the key. When I had mine I observed them doing it for what I assumed to be other ones.

I don't think it's officially allowed, but it makes total sense rather than wasting- they can fit me in the same appointment slot rather than having to create a new one. Still, it will be a massive weight off my shoulders- for the reasons above, but also because I feel so worried about getting it and not being able to look after her.

Now, fingers crossed she gets the call up like NOW! She is 79 and 80 in 3 weeks, so fingers crossed she's about to get her number up. I might want to rephrase that.

If put in 2 million a week as they are suggesting, then that brings me to April/May. Which seems totally bearable.

I hate this government as much as anyone, but I do think this is one thing they have prepared for better than most countries have to be fair.

I very much take Alex's point about it being the NHS organising the rollout of it, though.

There would be no rollout without the vaccine, but the NHS is also doing a fabulous job. I'm genuinely quite amazed at how seamless it's been so far. It's heartwarming to see all the over 80s popping in and out of the surgery round the corner to us

God I’m so jealous of your vaccination campaign :( The clowns we have in charge here are going to drag this out until the 2030s.

"The French health authorities said 138,000 people had been vaccinated against Covid-19 by 11 January"

I'm shocked how low that is, compared with the UK's 2.6 million. Also according to BBC news:

"Polls suggest that less than 40% of the population here [France] is planning to take the vaccine. Younger people, who feel less at risk from Covid, are among the least likely to say they want it, along with those who disapprove of the government's handling of the pandemic more generally."

"The French health authorities said 138,000 people had been vaccinated against Covid-19 by 11 January"

I'm shocked how low that is, compared with the UK's 2.6 million. Also according to BBC news:

"Polls suggest that less than 40% of the population here [France] is planning to take the vaccine. Younger people, who feel less at risk from Covid, are among the least likely to say they want it, along with those who disapprove of the government's handling of the pandemic more generally."
Every country that has launched a massive vaccination campaign has seen its percentage of antivaxers/vax-sceptics decrease. Our government has done the exact opposite, taking things slowly and once again catering to far right voters who are amongst the most opposed to the vaccine. Which has ultimately done nothing to improve the percentage of people willing to take the jab, quite the opposite actually.

Say it with me loves, FUCK MACRON.

Are people waiting for the vaccine before voting? I'd prefer it if everyone who hadn't voted no and then changed their votes, so we can see the balance tipping.

Mines halfway through my shift tomorrow providing we don’t have 50,000 ambulances queuing to book patients in :eyes:

there's an estimate now of 8 months of immunity after a bout of covfefe. I would still very much like a jab soon

it's projected they'll be done with every Dane by June 27th

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom