Tischvision - VOTING OPEN (NOW CLOSED)

There are two songs that I not only knew but have had on my potential entries list for a little while.

Neither are as good as my actual entry but it’s interesting to see the response they got

emotion-_sxztfc.gif

I’m not going to lie, there isn’t that much basic toot this time around which is making it hard for me to find too many favourites.

The one that is Ariana Grande’s One More Time but rewritten is probably out in front in this basic household currently.

The votes are coming in swimmingly! It really has all gone very smoothly so far.
Isn’t it the voting reveal when things go awry normally with disgruntled contestants lashing out at all and sundry?

I made it through the list. If I said I wasn’t tempted to hit the off switch at least a couple of times or have a lie down after I’d be lying.

Does anyone else now think when they hear a decent unknown song “I wonder if that’d do for Moopy ASFM?” or is it just me?

Last edited:
I missed the initial preview parties because I go to bed at 7:30 but I am now ready to listen and review. Should I do individual posts for each song or just lump it in one big post? I listened yesterday to allow each melody to sink in, but today is judgement day. Those of you that voted after one listen I don’t support what you do but I support your right to do it.

Being kind about 99% of the shit in this was one of the hardest tasks I’ve ever undertaken - would not recommend.

1. CHILE - Javiera Mena - Espada

A strong start - I like the eighties vibe a lot (surprise surprise) - and that's what drives this song to victory for me. A keeper.

2. FUCKTONNESOFFLAGSLAND - Gabrielle Aplin - Waking Up Slow

Reminds me of Kylie's Breathe at the beginning. I like the tropical elements that emerge from after the first chorus. A good album track!

3. ESWATINI - Ivi Adamou feat Konnie Metaxa - Pao

Kind of reminds me of Major Lazer - Get Free. I like how melancholic it is. Perhaps too understated to be a top-scorer, but I get the appeal of this.

4. ROMANOV DYNASTY RUSSIA - Dragon Sound - Friends

@ButterTart this is absolutely adorable :D It sounds like something sung by the band formed in Saved By The Bell - in fact I think their song was called Friends Forever too? Very moreish and stands out.

5. BERWICK-UPON-TWEED - Megson - Generation Rent

Okay, real instruments so I'm gonna lean forward and try to take this seriously.

There's a lot about this I don't like - I don't like the lyrics, the title or the sentiment. The rhyming scheme - fella/cellar - I don't know who needs to hear this but I live in Croydon.

6. SAHRAWI ARAB DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC - Alvvays - Dreams Tonite

This is a lot like The Cardigans and so I like. Pretty but don't know if I would ever listen again.

7. HAWAII - Alice Chater - Thief

Ariana Grande is not the one. Very Spotify and I do not like.

8. FANTASY WORLD - YOASOBI - Racing into the night (夜に駆ける)

Refreshing after the last few, and I like the energy. I think the Asian songs in this competition are always quite underrated.

9. BARBADOS - Rheinzand - Obey

A great disco track - this stood out on my first listens too. Very competent and well-executed. I am on a cinema date with funky and this is playing at the pre-drinks.

10. GABON - Mass Hysteria - L'Enfer Des Dieux

I like the instrumental and overall VIBE. It reminds me of the music played in the background everytime Jessika does something evil in Married at First Sight: Australia season 6.

GOOD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom