Tokyo 2020 - Day 0 - The Opening Ceremony (Fri 23 July)

This is all such a letdown and it’s not Japan’s fault. I hope they get given the olympics again in the next 20 years so they can show us how they’d really do it.

I haven't recognised the music for a while. Has anyone else caught what they have been?

Christ this will take forever, they’re still on the vowel sounds, they’re only on O (the 4th out of 47)

Urgh. Having Australia here and France and US at the end is so stupid. I’m glad they fired that racist comedian.

This is all such a letdown and it’s not Japan’s fault. I hope they get given the olympics again in the next 20 years so they can show us how they’d really do it.

apparently they are looking at another winter bid soon (but who watches that?)

It’s a bit weird, some countries are only sending a few out to the parade because off COVID, but others are just like “fuck it”

Can't wait for the end of the flag parade, when the Human Instrumentality Project will finally begin and we'll all shed the need for our physical bodies :disco:

I wonder why there’s no Nintendo music. They must have said no.

The only one I’m likely to recognise is Sonic.

I wonder why there’s no Nintendo music. They must have said no.

The only one I’m likely to recognise is Sonic.
Which is weird since they used Mario in Rio. I would assume they are getting used elsewhere, the closing ceremony maybe?

Which is weird since they used Mario in Rio. I would assume they are getting used elsewhere, the closing ceremony maybe?

thats so weird, why did I think they had a Mario moment in London (which doesn’t make much sense really), I didn’t think I watched any of Rio

Video game music playlist:

Absolutely THRILLED at there being two Chrono Trigger tracks, and that one of them is greatest composition of all time FROG'S THEME :disco:

Wow - some hot Macedonia takes by the BBC commentary there :|

Some odd design choices, I like the flags on the circular LED band, but that grey backdrop?

the manga name signs are a good idea but kind of titchy too, couldn’t they make the font bigger? I blame the DRC

Video game music playlist:

Absolutely THRILLED at there being two Chrono Trigger tracks, and that one of them is greatest composition of all time FROG'S THEME :disco:

awww I don’t know most of them, love that the Sonic deep cut made it though

The lack of crowd is ultra weird. What a shame.

It feels like a missed opportunity not having the athletes sit socially distanced in the stadium, when you consider they are now standing on the stadium floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom