Tokyo 2020 - Day 0 - The Opening Ceremony (Fri 23 July)

Now can we have the NieR Automata - Weight of the World (Final Fantasy remix) please?

since this is going to take up almost all of the ceremony, I will say that Sonic 1 deep cuts aside, I’m really underwhelmed… I’ve seen the most incredible concert staging in Japan, there some really visually stunning stuff. But this feels like such a bare bones affair. The lack of audience was an opportunity to fill the stadium by other means, but no.

a bit of interpretive dance and some tap dancing, and plain wooden rings?!

you can really see that this was directed by a 900-year-old man

Nino Salukvadze was a gold medalist for the Soviet Union in Seoul.

Only just realised the stadium lights are changing to .. a colour off the nation’s flag.

couldn’t they have done all the colours?

Can we get the Sweden Eurovision 2016 production team to show Olympics hosts how to do a snappy flag parade please?

No :evil:

This is quick as Olympic parades go.

Next you’ll be insisting Eurovision voters only announce their 8, 10 and 12 points live.

The poor people dressed as signs on the edge have been excitedly waiving for about 6 hours now :(

the other representatives sitting bored on the floor and not clapping is a bit of a cruddy attitude

If an alien managed to sit through this, they’d think the biggest countries in the world were China, Tunisia and Serbia

The Russian punishment is an absolute joke. Grow some balls Olympic Committee

If an alien managed to sit through this, they’d think the two biggest countries in the world were China, Tunisia and Serbia

I think they’d be more confused by how that makes up two countries :basil:

Denmarks uniform giving me private school uniform. Just need a jaunty summer hat :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom