TOP TWENTY MOOPY DEATHS

Arse, I never did that update. I've let myself down, and I've let moopy down.

I'll get around to it at some point.

With MJ, I remember reading the reports that an ambulance was called to his house. Then I had LBC radio call me wanting me on standby to talk on air when it was confirmed.

For Amy Winehouse it was leaving the Bridewell Theatre after watching a matinee there and my friend read it on Twitter.

Whitney... I'm not 100% sure but if it was late at night then I think it was seeing it on Moopy. Then 2 months later my friends draped a huge banner over their balcony at Mile 14/22 on the route of the London Marathon saying "Go Imelda, Do It For Whitney", which I was running. :D

Last edited:
I thought I'd update this chart at work.

1 (1) Michael Jackson (2060 replies)
2 (2) Whitney Houston (794)
3 (3)Margaret Thatcher (665)
4 (4)Amy Winehouse (410)
5 (9) Zsa Zsa Gabor DEAD (385) (HIGHEST CLIMBER)
6 (-) Prince (359) (HIGHEST NEW ENTRY)
7 (-)George Michael (316)
8 (-)Pete Burns (268)
9 (5) Cory Monteith (267)
10 (11) Cilla Black (259)
11 (6) Jade Goody (244)
12 (7) Stephen Gately (237)
13 (8) Heath Ledger (229)
14 (-) Victoria Wood (196)
15 (-) Jo Cox (193)
16 (-) David Bowie (160)
17 (9) Donna Summer (140)
18 (12) Brittany Murphy (138)
19 (11) Osama Bin Laden (134)
20 (-) BHS Café (124)

BUBBLING UNDER(GROUND) CHART
Carrie Fisher (115) (NEW ENTRY)
Caroline Aherne (99) (NEW ENTRY)

FALLING OFF THE CHART
Robin Williams (121)
Kristian Digby (119)
Wendy Richard (105)
Nelson Mandela (95)
Ronald Reagan (91)
Peaches Geldof (91)
Caron Keating (88)
Jonathan Ross's dog (88)

CHART ANALYSIS:
On the 20th anniversary of the death of England's Rose, Queen of Hearts Diana (who surely would be number 1 on this chart, were she not already an ANGLE in heaven when Zsa Zsa's Memorial Cemetery was created) it's time to revisit this decomposing chart.

Since 2016 was such a bumper year for celebrity DEATH there's been quite a lot of movement on the countdown.

However with an unassailable lead the top 4 remain static and look like remaining that way (only Michael Jackson has gained any new posts in the interim however - with 11 new views. This is poignantly appropriate as that was his preferred age of lover.)

Having finally kicked the bucket (since threatening first to do so in the year 1567) Zsa Zsa Gabor rises by 4 places (like smoke from a crematorium chimney) to her peak position to date and bang into the top 5.

At positions 6, 7, and 8 comes a trio of new entries from Prince, George Michael, and Pete Burns. Look for these to gain new views (and hopefully more Geru Hallwell tribute songs) over the years to com. Gone too soon.

Why 2016? Why?

Tumbling down the chart at number 9 is Cory Monteith - who I suspect is destined to be out of the Top 10 the next time this chart is revisited.

Climbing one place to number 10 is Liverpool's shame Urr Cilla - a woman who truly deserved to die. Hated by cabin crew everywhere she is now rotting in economy class for all eternity.

More fallers at 11, 12 and 13 are Jady Goody, Stephen Gately and Heath Ledger. These people are no longer of this world, and not much longer for this chart (although their collapse is not as imminent as Donna Summer, Brittany Murphy and Osama Bin Laden who are all deflating on this countdown faster than their lungs did when they breathed their last).

Bringing up the rear of the chart at number 20 is the BHS Café - at least the rotting corpses of our beloved (except Cilla) celebs will have somewhere to go for a stodgy meal in the afterlife.

Seems to me like they lived their lives like a candle in the wind.

Last edited:
I'm still getting over MSN Messenger's death. Murdered by its cunty rich cousin Facebook.

I remain a tad surprised that Bowie didn't poll better but then Mark E Smith barely registered with you godless bastards so, y'know...

A brief inspection suggests that the only new entry since last August is Dolores O'Riordan with 136 posts. George Michael has had more posts but hasn't changed position.

Plus Peter Kay, I suppose. Though that doesn't really count as it isn't in here.

UPDATE 5 APRIL 2018

2 (2) Whitney Houston (794)
4 (4)Amy Winehouse (410)
5 (5) Zsa Zsa Gabor DEAD (385) Goodbye Moopy's rose, though I never knew you at all, you had the grace to hold yourself, while those around you fall
6 (6) Prince (359)
7 (7)George Michael (347) - biggest gain in comments since previous chart
8 (8)Pete Burns (268)
9 (9) Cory Monteith (267)
10 (10) Cilla Black (259)
11 (11) Jade Goody (244)
12 (12) Stephen Gately (237)
13 (13) Heath Ledger (229)
14 (14) Victoria Wood (196)
15 (15) Jo Cox (193)
16 (16) David Bowie (160)
17 (17) Donna Summer (140)
18 (118) Brittany Murphy (138)
19 (-) Dolores O'Riordan (136) - highest / lowest / only new entry
20 (19) Osama Bin Laden (134) only faller. If Peter Kay ceases to be - see below - it will be adios Osama.

BUBBLING UNDER(GROUND) CHART (nowhere near enough to feature in the top 20 but have amassed a reasonable cult following:
Stephen Hawking (52 comments)
Tom Petty (48 comments)

FALLING OFF THE CHART
BHS Café (124) - this is currently being recommissioned as a waiting room for the likes of Hawking and Petty. A purgatory in a sense - they can spend eternity in here eating stodgy food - Hawking via a drip - while waiting admittance to the top 20.

The Peter Kay situation
While rumour and speculation whirl about the pulse of the potato-faced pop and comedy sensation, for the moment he cannot feature on this countdown. Should one day he pop his clogs then his current post count (311 posts) will catapult him to the number 8 position - replacing fragrant beauty Pete Burns in that spot. Which is poetic seeing as mystery also continues to swirl about whether La Burns is actually dead? When and where was his funeral? Boy George offered to pay for his coffin, to avoid the ignominy of ending up in an unmarked pauper's grave. So where is it? People are demanding answers.

However Kay does not merit a position on this chart JUST yet. Unlike Zsa Zsa - who featured on this chart for almost the last decade of her legendary life - Peter Kay did not INVENT death like Zsa Zsa did. Therefore an actual death certificate - or at least confirmation of his expiration is necessary.

Last edited:
Cilla still streaming well three years after her death. She's up two to #8.

Cilla truly is the Chasing (funeral) Cars of the death chart.

It was in the Community forum or whatever its equivalent was at the time, I think.

The Michael Jackson one is a bit of a cheat, given that he actually died during the thread. It was "rushed to hospital", several pages of "oh aye, my arse, that's how he's getting out of those gigs then, eh?" followed by "oh shit, he's actually dead" but it was renamed "Michael Jackson DEAD".

It may be a TRIFLE TASTELESS, but I think David would quite like the fact that he was between Cilla and Pete Burns, if he was eligible for the chart...

UPDATE 26 September 2018

2 (2) Whitney Houston (795)
4 (4)Amy Winehouse (410)
5 (5) Zsa Zsa Gabor DEAD (385)
6 (6) Prince (380) - biggest number of new posts - he's gunning for our Zsa-Zsa's top 5 position
7 (7)George Michael (347)
8 (10) Cilla Black (273) - biggest climber
9 (8)Pete Burns (268)
10(9) Cory Monteith (267)
11 (11) Jade Goody (244)
12 (12) Stephen Gately (237)
13 (13) Heath Ledger (229)
14 (14) Victoria Wood (196)
15 (15) Jo Cox (193)
16 (-) Aretha Franklin (163) - highest new entry
17 (16) David Bowie (160)
18 (-) Moopyrate (154)
19(17) Donna Summer (140)
20 (19) Dolores O'Riordan (139)

BUBBLING UNDER(GROUND) CHART (nowhere near enough to feature in the top 20 but have amassed a reasonable cult following:
Dale Winton (89 comments)
Avicii (76 comments)

Falling off the chart
Brittany Murphy (138)
Osama Bin Laden (134)

The Michael Jackson one is a bit of a cheat, given that he actually died during the thread. It was "rushed to hospital", several pages of "oh aye, my arse, that's how he's getting out of those gigs then, eh?" followed by "oh shit, he's actually dead" but it was renamed "Michael Jackson DEAD".

But not Zsa Zsa? She only died after 10 years of thread :D

Who do we think will top Michael Jackson's thread?

I suppose it also depends on how SOON they go as well.

I doubt anyone will top MJ's figures unless Trump has an archive of unreleased tweets that get an afterlife

in that same regard Prince will surely pass Zsa Zsa as his death thread is used for all news regarding new releases :D

I can't see anyone touching MJ. His death was the first major one of the internet era, when Moopy was twice as busy. Not that I think Cher or Madonna or Kylie dying wouldn't be huge, but they'd be split over multiple platforms and probably topics.

I can see the top 10 changing plenty though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom