Tuesday ignores everything it should have done yesterday

My manger has asked me to come in two hours earlier today (so I need to leave the house in an HOUR and I’ve only just woken up :D)

I had loads of blood tests done yesterday. They couldn't find a vein so had to go in my hand :(

Is it holiday time yet?

I echo the write off sentiments. I have loads to do at the moment and keep indulging in some hard procrastination and over sleeping.

Ooh an invitation to a VIRTUAL team-building event, including ICEBREAKER, that I am welcome to attend but wouldn't get paid for! Thanks for the Tuesday morning LAUGH.

I have also done VERY LITTLE this week so far after overindulgence at the weekend. Never get old Moopy Soldi!

TOO SEXY
My hoop later this evening.

E6EA8857-7005-43CA-A6DE-BD48CB1FEC67.jpeg

Ugh I’m bored

I don’t finish work for another four hours :(

This day has been an absolute BOTCH. 3 new passwords before I finally persuaded someone that the passwords weren't the damn problem. Honestly, I hate people who get all smug because they think you're a TUBE ("have tried just using copy and paste on the new password instead of typing it?" OH, I NEVER THOUGHT OF THAT :manson: ) who then don't acknowledge that you were right all along.

*fumes*

Been to town to change the hideous trainers that spawn bought for my birthday, they really were old lady Skechers like my mum would wear. Got home and showed them her on Facetime and her boyfriend says "they're the exact ones she was going to get you but changed her mind at the last minute and went for the others".
Also had a plateful of cholesterol from our local beloved greasy spoon, it's over two years since we were last in there (Mr F's gallbladder then Covid), it was double-delicious and the waiter remembered me.

Just had a major blast from the past. I wonder if anyone else knows what it was.

if I is for Iguana Scrotum, E is for…?

My coworker just informed me that her astrologer told her that her son is her brother from another lifetime. Everyone else was listening but I had to leave the room to stop from laughing

My coworker just informed me that her astrologer told her that her son is her brother from another lifetime. Everyone else was listening but I had to leave the room to stop from laughing

It's awful isn't it? :D

A work colleague regularly pays for psychic readings and they aren't cheap. She'll come into work and tell us what the psychic said and how it turned out it was her nan coming through who said she was with her dad or it was Uncle Bob who she's never heard of but he says he was her grandad's best friend. I once tried to explain about the leading questions and tricks they use to dupe gullible people out of money and suggested she watched the Derren Brown documentary about them and she got all upset about it, this was when she went once in a blue moon, so now if anybody else asks how she got on with the psychic last night I have to go to the toilet or kitchen to stop myself upsetting her again (or laughing).

A work colleague regularly pays for psychic readings and they aren't cheap. She'll come into work and tell us what the psychic said and how it turned out it was her nan coming through who said she was with her dad or it was Uncle Bob who she's never heard of but he says he was her grandad's best friend. I once tried to explain about the leading questions and tricks they use to dupe gullible people out of money and suggested she watched the Derren Brown documentary about them and she got all upset about it, this was when she went once in a blue moon, so now if anybody else asks how she got on with the psychic last night I have to go to the toilet or kitchen to stop myself upsetting her again (or laughing).
People who believe in that stuff don’t want hear any logic or argument against it. If you don’t use logic to get an opinion, logic isn’t going to change your mind.
I’m sure I’m delusional about something else though :D

I honestly have a lot of beef with mediums, they prey on vulnerable people and fleece the fuck out of them.

Forgot to mention how a wonderful man from Sp*csavers saved my life today (sort of). I only have two pairs of glasses. One are my varifocals that I wear all the time and the other are reading glasses that have been upstairs in my bedroom for a couple of years and I've used maybe twice.

This morning I accidentally squashed my varifocals and they snapped in the corner, one arm was all skew-whiff pointing in completely the wrong direction and the lens had popped out at the top. I put my reading glasses on and the floor didn't look where it should be and I was feeling a bit seasick with them on so I rang the shop to ask whether I could just order a pair on my old prescription and how long they'd take. They said if I brought them in they'd have a look and see if they could repair them, I didn't think they could (they're a quite flimsy metal frame) but was going to town anyway so I took them in. Honestly the man that mended them was brilliant! Even though the corner is still broken you wouldn't even know and the best part was that it was free even though it took him 20 minutes. After I'd thanked him profusely I asked should I pay him or at the front desk and he said it was part of the aftercare service even though it was me that had broken them and not a fault with the glasses.

Going to get an eye test when the kids are back at school and get two pairs of varifocals so I have a spare next time.

Forgot to mention how a wonderful man from Sp*csavers saved my life today (sort of). I only have two pairs of glasses. One are my varifocals that I wear all the time and the other are reading glasses that have been upstairs in my bedroom for a couple of years and I've used maybe twice.

This morning I accidentally squashed my varifocals and they snapped in the corner, one arm was all skew-whiff pointing in completely the wrong direction and the lens had popped out at the top. I put my reading glasses on and the floor didn't look where it should be and I was feeling a bit seasick with them on so I rang the shop to ask whether I could just order a pair on my old prescription and how long they'd take. They said if I brought them in they'd have a look and see if they could repair them, I didn't think they could (they're a quite flimsy metal frame) but was going to town anyway so I took them in. Honestly the man that mended them was brilliant! Even though the corner is still broken you wouldn't even know and the best part was that it was free even though it took him 20 minutes. After I'd thanked him profusely I asked should I pay him or at the front desk and he said it was part of the aftercare service even though it was me that had broken them and not a fault with the glasses.

Going to get an eye test when the kids are back at school and get two pairs of varifocals so I have a spare next time.

See, give good service and they'll always come back to you. That's what I keep trying to tell my bosses, quality not quantity...

Ugh

tonight was the first time I’d driven home from work in the dark :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom