UK Charts/ Midweeks 2021

I refuse to accept that Justine Bieber is now part out of our Christmas music playlist for the rest of our lives.

That needs to unhappen.

I refuse to accept that Justine Bieber is now part out of our Christmas music playlist for the rest of our lives.

That needs to unhappen.

I can’t even recall any of his Christmas “hits”?

He's midweek #60 with Mistletoe. This time last year he was #9 with Rockin Around The Christmas Tree, which I don't remember hearing his version of at all. It's not in the Top 100 yet this year.

His ‘Rockin Around The Christmas Tree’ was an Amazon exclusive new release last year. With a little luck, it won’t come back without the Bezos chart rigging machine behind it.

Christmas songs always go higher at weekends but AIWFCIY being #2 on Spotify in November does seem a touch absurd :D

The other thing to remember is they would all be higher if it wasn't for the accelerated streaming ratio, as well!

In the States we usually see a surge for Christmas songs the week following Thanksgiving (which was last Thursday), when Christmas music becomes "acceptable" on mainstream radio and to the public. Then it usually plateaus for a couple weeks before surging again the week before Christmas.

Someone on ukmix has posted a list comparing streaming figures on Sunday to the corresponding Sunday last year, and both Mariah and Wham are down about 25%.

With those both having got their #1 now, I wonder if there will be a campaign to get The Pogues or someone else to the top spot this year? Ladbaby is the bookmakers' favourite (despite not confirming he is releasing anything yet), but it was the two weeks before Christmas that Mariah got it last year, and the week after Wham made it.

If he does release I wouldn't bet against him getting the #1, but like all his singles he'll be nowhere near contention (or possibly the chart) the week after.

I really hope I don't have to choose between Ladbaby or Ed Sheeran for Christmas #1

I would have through the Sheeran / Elton duet was a shoe in for Xmas #1

Isn't it a SHOO in? What has footwear got to do with it?

Mind you, I still can't remember if it's HEAR HEAR or HERE HERE

It's a "shoo-in" and "Hear Hear".

Octophone Informatives (OI) completes your mission.

Do we have any midweeks? Are Christmas songs dominating the chart, Sheeran and Elton aside?

Official Singles/Albums Chart Update Top 100
Source: OCC
Missing Data: unknown

Top 100 Singles

1 Ed Sheeran & Elton John - Merry Christmas (26,107)
2 Wham! - Last Christmas (18,852)
3 Mariah Carey - All I Want for Christmas Is You (18,411)
4 Adele - Easy On Me (16,722)
5 GAYLE - abcdefu (13,329)

6-10
8 Brenda Lee - Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
10 George Ezra - Come On Home for Christmas

11-20
11 Band Aid - Do They Know It's Christmas?
12 Elton John - Step Into Christmas
13 Kelly Clarkson - Underneath the Tree
14 Sam Fender - Seventeen Going Under
15 Andy Williams - It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year
17 Ariana Grande - Santa Tell Me
18 Chris Rea - Driving Home for Christmas
19 Wizzard - I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday

21-30
22 Olivia Dean - The Christmas Song
25 Paul McCartney - Wonderful Christmastime
26 Bobby Helms - Jingle Bell Rock
27 Leona Lewis - One More Sleep
29 Slade - Merry Xmas Everybody
30 Camila Cabello - I'll Be Home for Christmas *

31-40
32 John Lennon, Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band - Happy Xmas (War Is Over)
33 The Ronettes - Sleigh Ride
35 Michael Bublé - Holly Jolly Christmas ^
37 Dean Martin - Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow! ^
38 Jose Feliciano - Feliz Navidad ^
40 Justin Bieber - Mistletoe ^

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Top 100 Albums

1 Adele - 30 (21,465)
2 Ed Sheeran - = (11,553)
3 Paul Weller - An Orchestrated Songbook (9,295) *
4 ABBA - Voyage (7,756)
5 Michael Bublé - Christmas (5,674)

6-10
7 Juice WRLD - Fighting Demons (3,847) *
8 Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions
9 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Barn (3,044) *

11-20
14 Olivia Rodrigo - SOUR
15 Doja Cat - Planet Her
18 Oasis - Knebworth 1996
19 Green Day - BBC Sessions *

21-30
25 Rag'n'Bone Man - Life By Misadventure ^
28 Arctic Monkeys - AM
29 King Krule - You Heat Me Up, You Cool Me Down *

31-40
35 Fleetwood Mac - 50 Years: Don't Stop
39 Michael Ball & Alfie Boe - Together at Christmas ^

The Pogues have really lost favour with the public over the past few years. I remember going back not so long ago it outpeaking Mariah.

I am not aware of 2 of those Christmas songs. George Ezra, and Olivia Dean.

The Brenda Lee recording must be the biggest beneficiary of the US-slanted Spotify Xmas playlists. She is always right up there near the top.

I'm actually entirely at peace with that Sheeran/Elton one going to number one. When was the last time a new Christmas song got to #1?

Sam Fender's endurance in sticking in with the top Christmas tunes is quite remarkable, especially since it's been out since August. It could climb to a peak in the first post Christmas chart.

Boris Is Still A Fucking Cunt looks being Xmas top 5 again

LadBaby on for the win again.

I think Kunt's main problem is that everyone who hasn't heard it (and it's not as if it's going to get radio play) thinks it's the same song again. His other problem is that some people who have heard it feel that doing it to the tune of a Gary Glitter song is a bit much. His other other problem is that we did it last year and he's still Prime Minister.

This is like the Geri vs Emma chart battle but for straight people.

Last edited:
I cannot support anyone called LadBaby in anything so GOOD FOR THE KUNTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom