UK...NIL POINTS

Either would be a good shout.
troll GIF

I don't know. We tried the oldie thing with Engelbert and it didnt really work.
I agree. Frankly I'm shocked no one has suggested Kylie Minogue yet. She'd be fabulous for Eurovision and she's younger than Madonna. What do you think?

You need a sob story, to show vulnerability or tick at least one of the minority boxes. For 2021 a black non-binary transgender child from Gaza that has survived covid-19 singing about how a united Europe saved him from drowning in the Mediterranean sea would have given you a couple of points from the woke nations.

You need a sob story, to show vulnerability or tick at least one of the minority boxes. For 2021 a black non-binary transgender child from Gaza that has survived covid-19 singing about how a united Europe saved him from drowning in the Mediterranean sea would have given you a couple of points from the woke nations.
We were doing so well beb, until you called a non-binary person 'him'.

Deux points for the effort.

OMG you see you can never be enlightened and open minded enough. I need to educate myself on the subject, appologize and take a pause from all social media until I’ve cleansed my mind and soul from all prejudices. :(
Frankly, you need to RESIGN.

We should get a dozen or so eligible songs by artists who have already agreed to go, release them to radio in early January and then send the one that does best in the UK charts. We should not tell anyone that this is an audition process for Eurovision.

Looking forward to the hysteria and panic when we send in UK DRILL to Eurovision. Europe would have to send in military troops to extract the UK gays to safe refuge.

But lost a load of points for sending a black artist, if this year is anything to go by!

Regrettably Eurovision voting has always been PRETTY RACIST.

And not only when it comes to the race of the contestants but also to the sound/genre. That all changed in 2003, but still poor Remedios and all the great old Turkish and Greek songs of the past.

And not only when it comes to the race of the contestants but also to the sound/genre. That all changed in 2003, but still poor Remedios and all the great old Turkish and Greek songs of the past.
Yes the switch back to quite white sounding music (all music is black, I know) away from the more Eastern sounds has been noted. Although it's just as much about musical trends I'm sure.

Yes the switch back to quite white sounding music (all music is black, I know) away from the more Eastern sounds has been noted. Although it's just as much about musical trends I'm sure.
Azerbaijan were the only ones bringing a whiff of the SOUK this year :( and even that didn’t seem to help

I had a discussion about Eurovision with a friend earlier in the week and his point was that Eurovision is too white, even for Europe. Specially when you take into consideration the European cultural offer which is much more diverse. Yes, there's a WHIFF OF THE SOUK here and there but ultimately it's the equivalent of going to a Moroccan restaurant once a year and calling yourself open to other cultures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom