UK: The Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson years - problematic + infected + broke the law + electoral poison + sneks + not very good + OVER (funny)

It reads like the school report for a sociopathic child whose Mum is head of the PTA. Very clear she found a LOT of damaging stuff but she’s muzzled to the point where she can’t say anything more than ‘must try harder’.

I mean, it is still pretty bad for the government despite all the restrictions she has to deal with.
it's the least bad possible given that it just regurgitates everything we knew already and even what the gov themselves had mostly admitted to. there's nothing new and damaging here.

I have a horrible feeling Boris is worming his way out of this. the extreme peril feels like it's passed.

He's absolutely worming his way out of it. As he always fucking does.

I am a little surprised it hasn't sparked much in the way of street protests yet, but maybe we're all just numb to him at this point.

it's the least bad possible given that it just regurgitates everything we knew already and even what the gov themselves had mostly admitted to. there's nothing new and damaging here.

I have a horrible feeling Boris is worming his way out of this.
The police have judged that there is sufficient evidence to investigate a party in the Prime Minister's flat, which they have lied and said did not happen. That's not been confirmed until now.

Yes this update is completely hamstrung by not being able to publish the actual evidence, but it means there is significant pressure to publish that evidence as soon as possible, and people won't (or at least shouldn't) accept anything less.

There is absolutely no way the opposition parties, the press, or even some Tories will allow this to be the end of the matter.

We know there’s evidence of wrongdoing at 8 separate events significant enough to warrant police investigation, that alone is an admission of guilt and too many people have the scent of blood now to just let this peter out.

I am a little surprised it hasn't sparked much in the way of street protests yet, but maybe we're all just numb to him at this point.
try numb to POLITICS. more than half the country is like Brenda from Bristol - they think there's "JUST TEW MUCH POLITICS GOIN' ON AT THE MINUTE!" and they disengage. this is why the Tories' poll standings stay largely steady and plunge only during rare periods of unrest/peak scandal. they just can't be arsed fighting for change.

The way it’s reported here is that the report is very critical.
New York Times:

BREAKING
Initial Report on U.K. Lockdown Parties Spares Boris Johnson for Now
The document did not directly implicate Prime Minister Boris Johnson in wrongdoing, granting him at least a temporary reprieve. Here’s the latest.

Now Johnson can throw a couple of underlings under the bus and get on with stripping away our civil rights. Bollocks.

4DF77AEE-69D9-4E46-9AAD-FBD17A115DC2.png

How it’s being reported on cnn here

WTF did he just bring up Jimmy Saville?!

Johnson is an absolute megalomanic

This must be the best thing that's ever happened to poor sad old Theresa since the wheat field.

Boris bringing up Jimmy Saville when he literally had a party with Ghislaine Maxwell.

parliament is really not fit for purpose if poor Blackford had to leave for that
Totally. It is an embarrassment. The infrastructure of them chamber protects him from being told exactly what he is

Starmer, Rayner, Davey, Blackford and yes, even, May - we would be better off with any of them in charge. Anybody but him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom