United Kingdom 2022: Sam Ryder - SPACE MAN

WHADDYA THINK?

• Total voters
I imagine we'll be before or after the last ad break (depending on whether it takes longer to get on or off)

You know, having set through SF1 I do think we are in very good stead going into Saturday.

Not winning territory, but Jade - terrority feels very reachable.

Now we've seen every performance this still feels like it's a league above. Although if those camerabastards hadn't done such a hatchet job on Cornelius she'd be giving it a close run.

I like that the flashing lights reveal an actual guitarist hiding in the shadows, even though all the music is pre-recorded.

The guitar solo thrown for that added splash of Queen. I cannot see us out the top 5.
They've taken so many notes this year - Song-wise the guitar doesn't need to be there at all; it's pure performance elevation. Seriously, if we threw our full force behind a banger next year imagine what we could accomplish :disco:

#1 on iTunes
It will be interesting to see how he does on the sales only chart tonight. As @Devil has said, he may just squeak the bottom end of the overall chart, but I think it's perhaps unlikely if it only hit #177 on Spotify at the end of the chart week.

For comparison, on the sales only chart last year, James Newman wasn't in the top 100 on sales in the chart before the final, and then hit #61 the following week. Sam must stand a great chance of being #1 in the sales chart next week.

Yeah, it’ll be tight if he charts overall this evening, it may just be enough for around #95. But this is the best result across all platforms prior to the actual contest in the streaming era. Given it’s just outside the top 50 on Apple, in the Amazon top 50 and now charting on Spotify, I’d say he had a good chance of huge increases for Friday to Sunday and a solid shot at the actual top twenty next week.

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Charts at #78 this week.

James Newman peaked at #47, but didn't enter the charts until the week after.

Charts at #78 this week.

James Newman peaked at #47, but didn't enter the charts until the week after.
Oh yes. I missed the week James Newman peaked at #3 on sales :goodgrief: . He was #61 in this week. What number is Sam on sales only?

A few UK STATS:

Apple music:

5 Malta
19 Lithuania
39 Iceland
47 UK
79 Finland
86 Cyprus
87 Sweden
96 Norway

I-tunes:

1 UK
11 Greece
31 Netherlands
33 Switzerland
58 Norway
76 Spain

Spotify:

17 Iceland (2653)
70 Lithuania (1841)
159 UK (59328)
187 Finland (5849)

Chanel is also only chart on 4 spotify charts

Not too shabby for someone that hasn't had the benefit of a live performance, and whilst I do think he's going to do better with juries, so long as he delivers vocally on the night I really don't see him being a complete DUD in the televote.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom