United Kingdom 2024: Olly Alexander - Dizzy

Left you Dizzy?

• Total voters
We’d already heard the best bits but those bits were amazing anyway

After a few more listens I wonder if this could be my favourite entry of the year?

If they get the performance right (and surely lessons have been learned :D ) that could do really well. It’s got a good shot at appealing to juries and televote.

Consensus winner? Jaywick 2025?

I like it! Putting my gay creative director hat on, I'm imaging Ally at the centre of a graveyard rave setting with lots of strobes and a convenient dark area at the rear of the stage where several backing singers can hide.

Consensus winner? Jaywick 2025?
This is the thing, I feel like just a few weeks ago Ukraine looked like a runaway winner but now the field seems to suddenly be wide open.

I never said the UK would!

I like it! Putting my gay creative director hat on, I'm imaging Ally at the centre of a graveyard rave setting with lots of strobes and a convenient dark area at the rear of the stage where several backing singers can hide.

Putting my gay creative director hat on, I'm imagining this

A pretty good pop song that can't see being amazing live on stage in Eurovision. Probably a radio hit more than a winning contender, in my humble opinion.

Reactions: GNL
I'm struggling with the fact that the bits of the song we hadn't heard already feel like they actually dull its impact in terms of where they take the whole lot overall. Repeating the chorus but taking it down the scale? Ending that abruptly in a way that doesn't give skypunch, but rather just "oh."?

Reactions: D5K
Aside from anything else, the spoken word section should clearly have been cutie of the evening (to the cadence of West End Girls)

I'm struggling with the fact that the bits of the song we hadn't heard already feel like they actually dull its impact in terms of where they take the whole lot overall. Repeating the chorus but taking it down the scale? Ending that abruptly in a way that doesn't give skypunch, but rather just "oh."?
The last two years the UK songs have added bits at the beginning or end that aren't on the studio version, so I'm not seeing that bit as a finished article. I really like the second line of the chorus; it didn't do what I expected it to and I appreciated that.

I’ve no doubt a good staging concept could really elevate this.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if we end up with a ‘Spaceman (Eurovision Edit)’-style rework of the final 20 seconds or so by the time it gets to May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom