Wednesday is living in a move mania

Last night I dreamt somebody loved me... then I woke up and remembered Morrissey is a CUNT.

Last night I dreamt I helped @dmlaw move house. The only details I recall are that he made me a cup of tea and one of his friends who was helping looked like Timmy Mallet and died in 1982. What could it all mean?
I still don't think that re-labelling all of the boxes as 'ButterTart's stuff' and then ordering Timmy to put them in the boot of your car really counts as helping. No wonder I had to poison your tea.

True Blue Madonna GIF

London people. Mandy and I are coming to your area next weekend. Staying near Tower bridge for one night then Greenwich.

We're seeing Queen the second night.

Any top tips on things we should see and do? It can be as tacky and touristy as possible.

Morning! It's pissing down and the wee seagull family opposite had their three chicks out for a walk and a feed earlier.

London people. Mandy and I are coming to your area next weekend. Staying near Tower bridge for one night then Greenwich.

Any top tips on things we should see and do? It can be as tacky and touristy as possible.
The Tower of London have a thing at the moment where they've filled the moat with flowers and you can go down into it on a SLIDE. I'm thinking of going at some point.

Oh we were going to get some kind of boat apparently. Mandy said we can get one from our hotel in Greenwich to the O2 ?

Ideally I want to avoid the underground as much as possible all weekend.

Yes that's also an Uber Boat (formerly Thames Clippers) :disco: I love them
Excellent we will get that then. Does it run fairly late? Will it still be running after the concert ends to take us back to the hotel?

Also any decent street food / markets?

When there's a big show on at the o2 they run one 15 minutes after it ends. So as long as you don't hang about...

I'm not really up on the markets but there's tons. Some friends enjoyed the Maltby Street one a few weeks ago. Borough is the big one of course.

Ok we will try and get out in enough time. I'll Google those two markets!

Speaking as someone that's currently IN a move mania, it isn't as fun as the song makes it sound :basil:

EXCITING news for all PEPPA PIG fans, this month’s edition of the PEPPA PIG magazine comes with a BATHTIME FUN set, including PLASTIC TOILET for some exciting PEPPA PIG POO PLAY.

6880BCBB-ABCA-44F6-8C11-617CA3F7B441.jpeg

Are you in to musicals?

I can’t recommend & Juliet enough, I’ve taken quite a few friends who have visited to see it now and it’s a blast. It’s a twist on Romeo and Juliet set to Max Martin pop songs so lots of Britney, Backstreet Boys etc. And I think Keala Settle is in it until that very weekend, and she is so so good.

If you don’t fancy that my second recommendation is Come From Away, which is based around a group of passengers stranded during 9/11, it’s a bit more serious musical but also exceptional.

Get the Today Tix app for cheaper tickets.

Are you in to musicals?

I can’t recommend & Juliet enough, I’ve taken quite a few friends who have visited to see it now and it’s a blast. It’s a twist on Romeo and Juliet set to Max Martin pop songs so lots of Britney, Backstreet Boys etc. And I think Keala Settle is in it until that very weekend, and she is so so good.

If you don’t fancy that my second recommendation is Come From Away, which is based around a group of passengers stranded during 9/11, it’s a bit more serious musical but also exceptional.

Get the Today Tix app for cheaper tickets.
:o they both sound good! We were thinking of doing last minute theatre tickets but they don't seem much cheaper. I'll get that app!

ABBA Voyage :disco:

I have spent most of the day so far catching up on TOTP 90’s specials. Currently watching TOTP:Eternal. Angel of Mine still chokes me up.

I've just seen that on the ticket app :o
I went to see it on Monday night and without pretty much repeating what I said in the ABBA thread, it is absolutely incredible musically, technically, and just as an overall experience.

• Love
Reactions: GNL
I went to see it on Monday night and without pretty much repeating what I said in the ABBA thread, it is absolutely incredible musically, technically, and just as an overall experience.
I just checked and it doesn't look like there's any availability until July :(

:o they both sound good! We were thinking of doing last minute theatre tickets but they don't seem much cheaper. I'll get that app!

They have a bunch of special prices on the day but that can be more hit and miss if you get them. If you go down that route you need to be on the app and unlock the prices before 10am for your chosen show.

I think the ABBA Voyage tickets on Today Tix app are for a July onwards, and reasonably priced tickets look to be Sept/Oct.

They have a bunch of special prices on the day but that can be more hit and miss if you get them. If you go down that route you need to be on the app and unlock the prices before 10am for your chosen show.

I think the ABBA Voyage tickets on Today Tix app are for a July onwards, and reasonably priced tickets look to be Sept/Oct.
Yeah they are July onwards. This ticket app has much better prices than other ones I've been on tho.

Mandy wants to see Grease or Moulin Rouge, which I'd happily see. But I'm wondering if we should do something totally different like one of the ones you suggested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom