weyes blood - andromeda (kate bush meets abba?)

ameraal

la loi de murphy
even i'm shuddering at how click-baity the thread title is but i have to say weyes blood's comeback single really takes me there - the-kick-inside kate instrumentation with despondent abba vocal harmonies.

so happy to have her back. front row seat to earth was beautiful and anyone with even a passing passion for lovelorn singer-songwriter sounds should check it out.

Last edited:
If you like Kate Bush, you'll LOVE this!

But guess what, I did really like it! Any particular albums of hers that you recommend giving a stream?

If you like Kate Bush, you'll LOVE this!

But guess what, I did really like it! Any particular albums of hers that you recommend giving a stream?

front row to earth is ace. give it a whirl to warm up for the new one. you won't believe track number 6!

Good grief. I saw her about 9-10 years ago when she was still doing spacy-synth noise and playing with Jackie O-Motherfucker (with the spelling "Bluhd"). In fact, it might have been 2008. Things sure have changed.

I'm enchanted by this and Front Row Seat to Earth. is there any info on the forthcoming album?

it's embarrassing how much i like the new one.

embarrassing!

whatever that means!

i've had it on repeat since i opened my eyes. it's wonderful.

true love is making a comeback indeed *.*

the album (of the year :eyes) is called titanic rising and is out on the 5th of april.

more underwater (single?) artwork

45b59dcade7eff088f6b68047dd657c1.1000x1000x1.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sunk, drowned and resuscitated by that news!*

*(I know drag lingo doesn't suit me, I just wanted to try)

Count me in for this.

See Weyes Blood fallout with Salman Rushdie "dont you dare!"

That cover is awfully good, right enough. What label is she with? Can't have been cheap, that...

new song *.* hard to pick a favourite at this point, they have all been absolutely terrific.

this album is going to be everything.

i just can't with how good this song is. i don't even mind the zany second act.

so this album has leaked and it is everything *.*

i have it pre-ordered (for the first time in my life). can't wait to put my hands all over it.

Thanks for the bump. Not sure how I missed this but my word I've clearly missed out!

One week update: probably my favourite album of the year. The lyrics, arrangements, 70s singer-songwriter vibes dappled with ominous undertones all the while being so rich and modern. So good. "Picture Me Better" is just aching - waiting for the call from beyond, waiting for something with meaning to come through soon. Also currently having a total moment to older cut "Used to Be".

Have @lolly and @Christian heard this?

I listened to one track based on the shamelessly baity thread title, but wasn't massively grabbed immediately. Perhaps I need to give it another go.

Sorry @northernlad, I have to say the thread title put me off too when it turned out to be nothing of the sort :D

I have been enjoying this year's album though now I've given it a second chance. "Andromeda" and "Everyday" were the immediate standout for me. It hasn't properly clicked but it's on my list of the year so far (which admittedly is dozens of albums deep by now, but it's a start).

she back. I am getting Kate Bush meets ABBA meets Joni Mitchell

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom