What are you eating this Christmas?

We picked up this absolute piece of FILTH for Eve Eve from Lidl today.

20211219_150402.jpg

I'm not buying a cheese board YET, because I'll just EAT IT ALL.

I'm allowing myself to indulge in a BRIE WHEEL each week at the moment.

I need some more biscuits, pate, chutneys, meat, olives etc for GENERAL SNACKING.

I don't buy in chocolate because of the inevitable gifting.

Add me to the cheese board club.

I'm going to the cheesemonger on Tuesday to collect my order. I'm having the gayest cheese I could find. :disco:

alp.jpg

Oh it's a new branch near us, we paid CLOSE ATTENTION.

I'm a bit Lidl obsessed as of today. And that looks fucking amazing.
Like I said in that other thread, I think their festive range is the best of all the supermarkets this year. And I'm including Waitrose and M&S in that, although I haven't been in Waitrose for a couple of weeks, so they may well be putting more out there now.

We have a new Aldi down the road and a Lidl pretty nearby as well, I think I'll raid them both in the next few days :o

Like I said in that other thread, I think their festive range is the best of all the supermarkets this year. And I'm including Waitrose and M&S in that, although I haven't been in Waitrose for a couple of weeks, so they may well be putting more out there now.
Waitrose rarely comes into it for us, due to budget constraints and location.

I must say M&S hasn't excited me this year. Although I think I'm gonna pop in midweek as they definitely filled in a few gaps. And the local deli. And Aldi.

Oh God I want everything.

Main show will be a 3 bird roast again, last years was fucking beautiful, I’ve just been looking at making a herb salt rub for the skin which I may stick some pine in. Sounds wanky but I think if will be nice

Booze wise we have had a couple of boxes of wine from NAKED delivered, I’ve not been that impressed. Going to pick up the necessary ingredients for negronis tomorrow. We have loads of edibles too.

I've had a twist on a Negroni where you swap the gin for prosecco which is rather festive.

I've had a twist on a Negroni where you swap the gin for prosecco which is rather festive.
I was just mixing campari and martini with tonic the other day as we had no gin, it was a nice long twist on negroni.

Last edited:
I'll definitely have to get a cheese board, but I'm the only one who likes cheese so I'd have to eat it all myself. Oh WELL!
Me too. Problem is I stay at my mum’s on the 25th and 26th and they get enough cheese in to feed about 23 people when it’s only me having it and always seem disappointed and think I didn’t like it when I only can manage to eat enough for one and a half people.

Me too. Problem is I stay at my mum’s on the 25th and 26th and they get enough cheese in to feed about 23 people when it’s only me having it and always seem disappointed and think I didn’t like it when I only can manage to eat enough for one and a half people.
I very much hear this. 'But I thought you LIKED stollen!' Well, yes I DO mother, and I've eaten six slices in two hours...

I hadn't even thought about it...I'll do on my own and it feels a bit sad to do a decent meal for one but, somehow, even sadder to not do something. You can't really have Tesco vegan no-chicken nuggets for lunch on Xmas Day...

I've got the afternoon off tomorrow so will be MINCING into Waitrose and Lidl (ACROSS THE ROAD) naturally and will report back :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom