What are you gaming? 2020

I thought SorB was passing judgement from his 5 times #1 on my poor amateur fat thumbs

s-l400.jpg

It was the opposite ;)

Decent D-pads seem to be something a lot of manufacturers have forgotten how to make these days :( I actually just bought one of these so I can use a PS4 controller with my Switch instead of forking out for a Pro controller (which also has an iffy D-pad from my experience trying it out).

Finally beat Mario+Rabbids. That took me 50 hours! I'll try and win more orbs to get as overpowered as possible before waiting on the Donkey Kong DLC to go on sale. I usually just want boss fights to be over as quickly as possible, but still maintain that the probably homosexual theatre star boss is one of the most refreshing things to happen in a "Nintendo game" (via Ubisoft) in a long time, and they could have went even further with it. In comparison, the final boss battle (you'll never guess with who, even if there is a new "spin" to it) in comparison had absolutely no humour during it at all. A sequel could be absolutely awesome. I'd give it 8/10. Things that bothered me were the camera during battles (not being able to zoom out, identify how many enemies clearly sometimes, etc) and pushing those damn boxes in the wrong direction you wanted. Grant Kirkhope did an okay job with the music - with animated drums and monsters strumming harps, it's a bit surprising that they didn't exactly match. Lastly, graphically this game gets praised a lot, but I often found it quite bland unless something shiny caught my eye.

I had gave my brother in law a loan of my N64, Wii and a decent amount of games 3 years ago and finally got them back. I've been playing Double Dash!! tonight, that game doesn't play around, it's proper hard, but it's still my 2nd favourite Mario Kart. I certainly didn't miss all the faffing around with wii motes, nunchuks and batteries. Shame you can't have a nose in the shopping channel anymore.

Finished the Donkey Kong DLC on Mario+Rabbids. The final boss was certainly weak, but on the whole I thought it was good fun and found myself laughing at times (Rabbid Cranky got me almost everytime I switched his evil eyes on). They really would be foolish not to do a sequel - it could only get better I feel.

I've been giving Doom a SHOT since it's on sale. I don't remember getting this far (I'm on the 7th "arena" area), and have it on level "I'm a pussy" but it's both better and worse than I remember. I do like that what I'm experiencing was at one point what it would have been like having a very high end PC. I'm now remembering terms like "voodoo", "GForce" and "3DFX" as if they mean things to me.

Finally got around to starting God of War and it’s quite fun.

I kinda wanna get the Nintendo 2DS XL to pass the days. anyone here who has it? recommended games?

Well I am loving the demo for Moving Out on Switch. The humour is great and the controls encouraging just enough messiness. I'll definitely buy it when it comes out next month.

I also had fun with the fairly straightforward demo for Trine 4. I enjoyed the first game on Wii U. Whilst it feels more of the same, I did get a sense that there's enough invention injected to make it just as good as before (which I didn't really get with my admittedly short time playing the 2nd installment). I'll wait for the next sale where it's appearing often enough.

Currently trudging through Kingdom Hearts 3. It's fucking awful. A boring cutscene simulator which occasionally throws you a couple of seconds of button mashing, as long as there aren't any obscenely dull characters that need to have obscenely dull conversations.
I don't like giving up on games so I'll try to get through it, but I wouldn't recommend this load of shit to anyone.

I played the first Kingdom Hearts a few months ago. It was ATROCIOUS. You literally just mash X all the time while the camera swings violently and Donald Duck gets stuck in a corner. Kill it with FIRE.

I bought The Touryst on sale for Switch. From the same guys who did FAST Racing Neo, unsurprisingly it's a real beauty. Yet to play it though: I'm still drowning in Animal Crossing.

I played the first Kingdom Hearts a few months ago. It was ATROCIOUS. You literally just mash X all the time while the camera swings violently and Donald Duck gets stuck in a corner. Kill it with FIRE.
I liked the first couple of games, but you're right that the AI and camera were utterly abysmal. I never liked Donald Duck or that cunt Goofy as it was, but I actively hated them by the end of Kingdom Hearts I.

Maybe you have to like Disney to enjoy the game and I am generally quite AMBIVALENT about Disney, but the plot was UTTER TOSH and the whole POWER OF LOVE shit that was going on between the main characters was downright EMBARRASSING. It was like a BAD FANFIC where Mickey turns up at the end and gets trapped behind a door (!?).

Maybe you have to like Disney to enjoy the game and I am generally quite AMBIVALENT about Disney, but the plot was UTTER TOSH and the whole POWER OF LOVE shit that was going on between the main characters was downright EMBARRASSING. It was like a BAD FANFIC where Mickey turns up at the end and gets trapped behind a door (!?).
The story is one of the most hateful things about this new game. I haven't bothered to follow it after the first couple of chapters because it's so fucking boring. I'm literally typing now and browsing t'internets while I've got an ENDLESS FUCKING CUTSCENE playing away in the background. I buy a game because I want to play a game, not to watch a tedious film.

The story is one of the most hateful things about this new game. I haven't bothered to follow it after the first couple of chapters because it's so fucking boring. I'm literally typing now and browsing t'internets while I've got an ENDLESS FUCKING CUTSCENE playing away in the background. I buy a game because I want to play a game, not to watch a tedious film.

Howlongtobeat.com informs me that KH3 is 29 hours long on average :eyes: Good luck with THAT!

I'm playing Ass Creed: Odyssey, slaying left and right and having gay sex

I got Ass Creed Origins in the latest sale. Playing some Smite and Diablo 3 before I dive into it.

Odyssey is good but I have to say, it's way too big. gorgeous though

Yes I've been playing Odyssey since January, I'm not an intense gamer but it's a heck of a slog. Some really good bits but a lot of padding too.

Mz COB tried to get me into Kingdom Hearts, getting me the 'Story So Far' collection for Christmas (which apparently has everything prior to KH3). We played through the first game together over New Year and it was actually good fun, but the cutscenes and storyline were already quite overbearing. I started KH2 and the four hours of dicking about as some other character before Sora even appears, followed by even more cutscenes, turned me right off and I gave up :(

I downloads FF7-12 in the Square Enix sale, and Mario Rabbids and Pac-Man lunatic edition in the recent spring sale. Haven’t actually loaded any of them though because Animal Crossing has destroyed my life

What's Pacman Lunatic? The Japanese name for Championship Edition 2? That game is ACE.

Mz COB tried to get me into Kingdom Hearts, getting me the 'Story So Far' collection for Christmas (which apparently has everything prior to KH3). We played through the first game together over New Year and it was actually good fun, but the cutscenes and storyline were already quite overbearing. I started KH2 and the four hours of dicking about as some other character before Sora even appears, followed by even more cutscenes, turned me right off and I gave up :(
I've got that collection and in fairness I'm keen to have a go at the first game again. It's so story-heavy, though, to the point that the story itself is what's putting me off a replay.

Anyway I finally got Dragon Ball Kakarot yesterday and I'm lamenting the fact that life doesn't have a 'do not disturb' function so I can get properly stuck in.

Isolation definitely has allowed me time to rediscover classics from my childhood that I got on Steam but haven't had time/been in the mind frame to play them. Definitely should've got them sooner!

There's something quite pleasant about whizzing through Sonic CD and this time being able to figure out how to make a "good future" (something 10 year old me couldn't grasp), or finally finishing Metal Slug X without worrying about arcade quarters. :disco:

I feel like I'm barely making a dent in Ass Creed Odyssey. it's just an endless loop of side quests to finish something. "Alexios, you need to see the king [quest added] but you have to deal with this first [five side quests added that are all 8 levels above your current]" :rolleyes:

Finally restarted FFX remaster after getting it (again) in the Switch sale.

living for Tidus and Wakka’s simmering bromance

Finally restarted FFX remaster after getting it (again) in the Switch sale.

living for Tidus and Wakka’s simmering bromance

I've replayed FFX in December when it was on sale for Switch. Currently restarting FFXII on Switch and the new job system really does change things up a fair bit.

I've replayed FFX in December when it was on sale for Switch. Currently restarting FFXII on Switch and the new job system really does change things up a fair bit.

those were the days, Apoca
I don’t think I’d have such fondness for FFXII if it hasn’t been for the chat thread here

I feel like I'm barely making a dent in Ass Creed Odyssey. it's just an endless loop of side quests to finish something. "Alexios, you need to see the king [quest added] but you have to deal with this first [five side quests added that are all 8 levels above your current]" :rolleyes:
I'm ploughing on with it; I've been through peaks and troughs of some bits seeming great while others feel like quite a drudge. It's definitely far too big; I'm trying to only focus on the gold coloured quests that progress the story (rather than the shitty time limited ones). Overall I'm still enjoying it though, and roaming around the Greek islands is the closest I'll get to a holiday any time soon.

I'm ploughing on with it; I've been through peaks and troughs of some bits seeming great while others feel like quite a drudge. It's definitely far too big; I'm trying to only focus on the gold coloured quests that progress the story (rather than the shitty time limited ones). Overall I'm still enjoying it though, and roaming around the Greek islands is the closest I'll get to a holiday any time soon.

some of the blue quests have been quite fun, and of course getting laid with your average John and Jane. but I mainly stick to main story quests too, even if it means an adversary is 4 levels above me. I'll spam them with poison arrows

the overall world is grand though. I just wish it had base building like some of the previous games!

I tried Assassin’s Creed Origins and it just fell flat for me. It’s a bit too open/big and the story start felt very abrupt and for all the talk of how it revived the franchise it’s very similar to everything I played before.

So I binned it for now and started Persona 5 again but this time I’m being more careful with time so I don’t get fucked over. About to finish the first palace.

Also have been getting better at Smite which is fun for short interval during work hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom