What are you gaming? 2020

I don’t think I enjoy the openness as much, like God of War was open but the world felt contained. AC just felt like a huge thing and that’s not fun for me.

some open world games should definitely take a leaf out of GoW's book. it felt big but guided in a non-restricting way which made story-telling so much more coherent and impressive

Odyssey is supposedly a lot better than Origins
I disagree, they've made it just too big this time. This will be the first AC game where I haven't visited everywhere and ticked off all of the activities.

Also I feel sorry for you having to spend so much time with Alexios, from the limited amount I've seen his voice acting sounds so wooden.

I've just done some custom firmware gubbins on my PS3 so I can play the original NieR - I know they're working on a remaster, but we're in lockdown NOW :angry:

If it helps, I'm playing a patched translation of the version that never came out here :ghost:

I'm currently playing a PATCHED VERSION of Scenario 2 of Shining Force 3, so you're welcome. If they want us to buy the games they need to PAY THOSE TRANSLATORS.

I've put NieR aside after reading that the remastered version will fix the combat (because I was finding it QUITE rough in that way a lot of PS3-era games were), so I'll wait for that. I've decided to get back into my Skyrim save on the Switch version, and have done a gay ORC MARRIAGE as usual (though this time I'm an orc too :disco:).

I had no idea you could marry in Skyrim. sounds well dirty

It's quite sweet really! They move into your house if you have one, and decide to open a shop so you can ask for a cut of their profits every day :disco: They also start saying stuff like "You can tell me anything LUV", which is quite funny coming from a seven foot orc.

On the PC version there are whole complicated plugins and systems that let you have sex scenes, but none of that on console unfortunately :o

52/male Nord/Whiterun

1015979%20-%20Balgruuf_the_Greater%20Nord%20Skyrim%20The_Elder_Scrolls%20Ultima%20gmod.jpg

Reactions: COB
On the PC version there are whole complicated plugins and systems that let you have sex scenes, but none of that on console unfortunately :o

I've now gone down a very deep and dark hole in the Skyrim corners of the internet...

Morrowind had its 18th anniversary yesterday. still one of my favourite games that I play regularly. with a bit of modding it's gorgeous and a much better fantasy experience than Skyrim, although that isn't bad either (Oblivion obvs the worst of the lot)

I've never tried Morrowind, if I can actually finish Skyrim I'll do it next I think!

Has anyone given Streets of Rage 4 a bash yet? It looks a lot better than I thought it did back when it was revealed.

I've never tried Morrowind, if I can actually finish Skyrim I'll do it next I think!

from the amount of frustration amongst new players following a giveaway last year, it requires a certain dose of patience due to out-dated mechanics. and it's much more difficult than Skyrim but for lore, story and atmosphere it's well worth it!

Streets of Rage game looks like a good discount purchase. I wouldn’t pay full price for that.

I’m enjoying Persona 5 but there’s so much of it on rails that it’s frustrating and I’m 25 hours in. Also I hate that I’m forced to play straight.

I played Morrowind a year or two ago and it has definitely aged poorly. I only lasted about an hour before giving up.

I am just about to start playing Persona 5 Royal, though have been really tempted to go back to FFXIV because there is a ton of content I haven't done on it yet. Not sure I want to lose my life to an MMO again though.

I played Morrowind a year or two ago and it has definitely aged poorly. I only lasted about an hour before giving up.

with a few mods that even out the worst flaws it's still a great experience in my opinion. but then I am massively influenced by both nostalgia and the belief that RPGs should be rough. quest markers killed Skyrim :evil:

Just downloaded Civ VI because it's free. I haven't played this COLONIALISM SIMULATOR before but I was obsessed with these sorts of games as a kid so I'm excited.

if it is anything like its predecessors it will take over your life

Reactions: GNL
I'm obsessed with Super Smash Bros at the moment. Bought it ages ago but lockdown has allowed me more time to play. There's far too many options / mini games though. I find it all very confusing.

I played the original Smash Bros on the N64 so much that the cartridge STOPPED WORKING from OVERHEATING (true story).

I'm also a bit confused with Ultimate as I think both this and Splatoon are attempts from Nintendo at a continuous subscription model and I'm not sure anymore WHAT you're getting with the base game - do you need to pay to get all the extra characters that have been announced since, like Simon Belmont from Castlevania or the Joker from Persona? Is there a way of buying EVERYTHING without spending a fortune?

I played the original Smash Bros on the N64 so much that the cartridge STOPPED WORKING from OVERHEATING (true story).

I'm also a bit confused with Ultimate as I think both this and Splatoon are attempts from Nintendo at a continuous subscription model and I'm not sure anymore WHAT you're getting with the base game - do you need to pay to get all the extra characters that have been announced since, like Simon Belmont from Castlevania or the Joker from Persona? Is there a way of buying EVERYTHING without spending a fortune?

I mean you get 76 characters with the base game which is more than enough for me - there are 2 DLCs since with I think 11 new characters across them, and at £20+ for each DLC you can count me out. Unsure if you can buy the characters individually.

What they should be doing is releasing a DLC for Mario Kart 8 - that game is now technically something like 6 years old.

Fighter passes are £26.99 containing 6 fighters that are otherwise £5.39 each.

The first of the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 should be getting unveiled very soon. Nintendo have said it is one of the ARMS bunch (#teamtwintelle).

Splatoon there is one solo campaign DLC. The main solo campaign on the base game was sometimes a direct replica of the first, but with a few very entertaining bosses. I'd say the Octo expansion was perhaps the product they would have like to have given us had their not been a little extra pressure to have it out so quick (it's very good). For most people, Splatoon is an online game and you do need to pay £20 per year for that of course (but Tetris99 easily justifies this for me alone - certainly not the NES drag n' drops).

Thank you both - I know the main game has everyone and their mother but I have a lot more time for some of the later additions like the Belmonts :disco: than fucking Shulk from Xenoblade. I just don't want to have to spend 80 quid to get them... I'll probably give this a miss. I mean, it's Smash Bros at the end of the day... nothing particularly new or exciting for me. Do the fighter passes ever go on sale?

I've only seen the base game go down to £30 on the eShop, but I think hotukdeals or whatever it's called has linked to retailers selling the first pass for £20. No idea beyond that.

Well I have just put on The Dummy Remastered, finally. I've been curious about this for a long time as Way Forward are excellent at this type of thing usually. I know the reviews were merely moderate, but the pixels are pretty and already the soundtrack is all kinds of Stranger Things gorgeous.

I’m 60 hours into Persona 5, I think I have at least 30 hours left.

So this was announced yesterday I think.

The first game I ever played (I would absolutely love to re-buy a Master System II for those cartridges and box arts alone, but things like this are a slippery slope for me so it's probably best I don't).

Anyway, I recently played the remaster on Switch and as much as I enjoyed it there really was just no way I was completing it as a kid. I don't think this looks stunning per say, but it does look very nice (reminds me a bit of the indie platformer Adventures of Pip), and I'm really looking forward to it. That drop down first level is iconic to me, so seeing it re-done is a woosh of excitement.

OMG! I can't think I ever finished the game but I did play it over and over and over

did anyone play the remake of Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap?

Some amazing bargains for 3DS games at Argos right now. For example, Bravely Second for under £3 (I assume click and collect). Quite a few though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom