What are you gaming? 2020

@COB and anyone else into odd games on the SWITCH! In a sale I bought Kuukiyomi: Consider It. It was slashed to £2.99 (from £3.99)

it’s like Wario ware, in the style of the Wario Ware Wii calming instructional bits, and it’s all about being considerate in Japan.

some are fairly normal like moving along on the train if a couple wants to sit. Others are a bit more surreal. Like scoffing down the egg sushi from the conveyor belt before another customer further down the line (who is a humanoid chicken) sees them being offered

I bought this :D It was really strange and I didn't understand half the things I did wrong. Guess I could never live in Japan :x:

It's a shame they don't actually EXPLAIN what you did wrong, I think the game would be so much better if they did.

It's a shame they don't actually EXPLAIN what you did wrong, I think the game would be so much better if they did.

And in a sulk, the controls aren’t quite as intuitive in every round as they’d like us to believe (by giving no instructions)

Sega Ages DEAD. Very disappointed as Virtua Racing aside, I was hopeful it would get interesting eventually. Maybe, just maybe they'll release that Arcade Mini collection Japan are getting as a software package for other systems.

Virtua Racing was the obvious MVP in that whole lot but do not sleep on Phantasy Star which went from being an obscure and impenetrable 8-bit JRPG relic to an actually enjoyable and challenging experience with the balances in EXP and money and the addition of auto-mapping!

I also bought Space Harrier and Fantasy Zone (again) because the Kids Mode has allowed me to finish both games for the first time :shy:

I went through Alex Kidd (I still don't understand the power ups and there's no way I'd have the patience to complete it without the rewind feature), Space Harrier (not played yet), and Columns II (which has 1 in it too). Oh, and Sonic 1&2.

If they had churned them out and did multi-buy binge deals I think things could have been very different for the project. I read only yesterday that Japan sales were terrible and only select titles had done well in Europe, but surely offering the same titles over and over again meant dwindling sales was inevitable.

I guess I'll be buying that Sega Collection already on the eShop after all.

A friend showed me Fall Guys last weekend and I didn't realise it was such a new game. I've now signed up to Playstation Plus just to play it and am getting obsessed, first time I've touched my own PS4 in months, if not a couple of years.

Jahq1996 if anyone wishes to add

I might! I have too many things to play :shock:

I got the remaster of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, which has removed local multiplayer which is a shame - I tried it with @ZenGiraffe last night over voice chat and it was alright, but I think we're going to play it in the same room going forward (him on PS4 and me on Switch handheld).

I also bought Moon: Remix RPG Adventure, which sounds right up my street (and the idea of a 1997 Japan-only PS1 game getting translated and released in 2020 is something I feel I have to support!).

A friend showed me Fall Guys last weekend and I didn't realise it was such a new game. I've now signed up to Playstation Plus just to play it and am getting obsessed, first time I've touched my own PS4 in months, if not a couple of years.

Jahq1996 if anyone wishes to add

I've yet to make it past the third level :D

I made the fourth round once earlier but then it was a team challenge and well, let's just say I'm blaming the others :eyes:

Just to say that that new Monster Hunter sequel turned out to be a remake and looks horrid. If it includes the original and goes on sale I'll bite, otherwise a complete pass.

Jesus Fall Guys is a total nightmare! You want to stop playing but it really is the epitome of "just one more go" and then suddenly a few hours have whizzed by.

The mechanics are some kind of bullshit though what with how you fall over at random and the element of luck involved especially in team games, but it's such dumb fun it almost doesn't matter.

That fucking SLIME CLIMB is the worst, I think I've qualified maybe once on that.

And that STUPID, STUPID Tip Toe tile game :argh::argh:

the level with the fans is doing my head in because all the way through the spinning discs my jumps are impeccably timed but EVERY TIME I am to jump through the final, slow-turning fan my bean WON'T JUMP but just sort of half-heartedly collapses and falls of the edge :D :evil:

Oh I like the fans one - that, Dizzy Heights and SeeSaw are usually ones I can qualify on, if only because you can die 10+ times and still have a chance. I haven't died on the rotating slime circle one either (yet).

The team ones are infuriating, everything that happens is literally not in your control ONE LITTLE BIT. It's getting old fast, but I still keep pressing :x: for another go :)

I actually somehow managed to win a crown once on that hexagon tile final round, not through any skill but just because everyone else fell off suddenly in a freak accident :D A WIN is a WIN however and I'll take it

Reactions: COB
I'm trying to put my enegrry into Horizon. But Fall Guys keeps magically turning itself on and falling into my hands. Its like mind control or something. One day I will win x

I'm trying to put my enegrry into Horizon. But Fall Guys keeps magically turning itself on and falling into my hands. Its like mind control or something. One day I will win x

now Horizon is a great experience. the world building is very impressive, especially considering it's a whole new franchise and the company's first

I did not play the expansion but I'm on high alert for the next one

I never got into Horizon. I’ve restarted it three times now and I never play it for longer than a day or two before I put Tropico or Tekken on again instead.

I am seriously tempted to get Crusader Kings 3. My friends have raved about 2 but I found it impenetrable. It seems like they have made 3 a lot more user friendly. I also want to create my own "Gays First" religion and create a homoarchy that seeks to eliminate Straightdom across Europe, which I think is an option you can do, though you may get a drinking problem along the way.

I will certainly try!

Fall guys is bloody excellent! It does drive me crazy at times though. I’ve won 8 times in about 3 weeks.
This was my first ever win. I was quite proud :D

Fall Guys is good fun, I played a fair bit of it with my nephew over August. Happy to not bother again now he's gone back home :D

I loved Horizon. Blasted through the main game but didn't get the Frozen Wilds expansion until later. When I went to try it, I found I couldn't remember any of the mechanics. I tried restarting the game to remind myself, but then that didn't help much either. Oh well, I'll be here for the next one.

I've spent another week finishing off bits of Yakuza 0 but as all I've got left is learning mahjong and shogi, I think I'll retire it for now. Definitely up for the sequel(s) at some point after a hefty break.

Next up is either Red Dead Redemption 2 or Ni No Kuni 2. Neither appeal all that much but I want to give them a try.

I am seriously tempted to get Crusader Kings 3. My friends have raved about 2 but I found it impenetrable. It seems like they have made 3 a lot more user friendly. I also want to create my own "Gays First" religion and create a homoarchy that seeks to eliminate Straightdom across Europe, which I think is an option you can do, though you may get a drinking problem along the way.

I will certainly try!

your rule might also prove a bit short-lived if they are all gay...

your rule might also prove a bit short-lived if they are all gay...
It will be a challenge to be sure, but gays are a creative lot, I'm sure we will find a way even if it means some flagrant human rights abuses.

That fucking SLIME CLIMB is the worst, I think I've qualified maybe once on that.

And that STUPID, STUPID Tip Toe tile game :argh::argh:

Slime Climb is the one I don't think I've succeeded at on any go. I can get as far as maybe the balance beams before it goes to shit.

I love the Tip Toe tile level for how it's possibly the most brutal and how once you get halfway, everyone is just trying to push other people forward :D Well, I loved it until I was pushed off about three tiles before the finish last night :oi:

My best so far is a 3rd which I'm rather pleased about after 2-3 days of dedicated play.

I will certainly try!

I downloaded CKII to get a taster and after spending approx 23 hours weaving elaborate, ill-fated plots to take over Saxon England, I'm very tempted by CKIII. I just don't know if my shit laptop will be able to handle it.

@ZenGiraffe Crusader Kings update after watching him play it last night and this morning - he's been having sex with the entire ruling council (which includes his character's BROTHER), and also living out his Pizzagate dreams by having children killed and eaten.

All this and he STILL can't conquer the Shetland Islands :eyes:

@ZenGiraffe Crusader Kings update after watching him play it last night and this morning - he's been having sex with the entire ruling council (which includes his character's BROTHER), and also living out his Pizzagate dreams by having children killed and eaten.

All this and he STILL can't conquer the Shetland Islands :eyes:
My brother was just murdered by the FRENCH! So I replaced him by shagging the underdog King of Wales whilst I was also at war for one of his territories. Having now won the war, I am shagging him again to get his forgiveness before we have a joint war with Northumberland.

Also I am currently trying to take over Ireland entirely through the use of Marriage and Murder. I haven't eaten a child in about a decade! Burned about 10 at the stake though, and married a newborn then immediately assassinated her father, and the moment she is old enough and has given me a child, I'll murder her too.

This game has turned me into a monster.

Apart from the usual Animal Crossing and Splatoon 2, I bought Luigi's Mansion 3 in the sale. I hope to see more of Hellen Gravely powdering up, she has QoL potential. I spent most of my time hoovering every nook and cranny. This could be a long one.

My brother was just murdered by the FRENCH! So I replaced him by shagging the underdog King of Wales whilst I was also at war for one of his territories. Having now won the war, I am shagging him again to get his forgiveness before we have a joint war with Northumberland.

Also I am currently trying to take over Ireland entirely through the use of Marriage and Murder. I haven't eaten a child in about a decade! Burned about 10 at the stake though, and married a newborn then immediately assassinated her father, and the moment she is old enough and has given me a child, I'll murder her too.

:D

meanwhile in Animal crossing, I’m thinking about moving my fruit trees a bit.

maybe I’ll rape and eat one of the Nook boys too

Reactions: GNL
I downloaded Crusader Kings III to see because I figured if it didn't work on my laptop, I'd be able to get a refund from Steam with the two hour gameplay policy.

It's really good! Unfortunately the minute it needed to do anything demanding the game started moving at 1 day a minute on 5x speed... Doubly unfortunately, that was after I'd JUST played it for a couple of hours :D

Guess I'll have to work out how to upgrade the RAM on my laptop (or die trying).

I love this, you should stream it. I would watch your deranged antics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom