What are you gaming? 2022

Though you'll struggle to see a thing with that dodgy camera
I read that as doggy camera

Originally was going to try and experience all the Sonic stuff in order, but got as far as Spinball and decided life's too short

I was quite anal about trying to work out EVERYTHING Sonic branded in release order (which is hard work as it is)

My 2D Sonic hidden gem recommendation is always the Master System version of Sonic 1, it's a unique game rather than a cut down initiation of the Mega Drive version and it's still quite good fun! Also has some very good music.

That's the same as the Game Gear one right? Played and failed it pretty badly in my youth :3

Yeah, they're the same game basically (the GG version might be a bit more zoomed-in because of the screen size, so harder to see what's coming up).

I liked the GG Sonic 2 more for the ability to cheat and hop around the levels

Reactions: COB
I'm possibly very behind the times but has anyone played Stardew Valley? Total time suck but decently written with some surprisingly dark character beats. It's basically animal crossing if you had the ability to fuck and emotionally manipulate your fellow islanders.

I'm currently romancing two best friends behind the other's back and being a toxic enabler by handing the town alkie a beer every time he complains about how his life is going down the tubes. :horny:

I found it very charming and liked the characters, but I dropped off it because I find it stressful having to do stuff like water the crops every day. I realise that's sort of the point of these farming games so it probably says more about me than the game though :D

Reactions: VoR
I believe there's a pretty active modding scene for the PC version of Stardew Valley, including filthy gay mods to make all the men look sexier, and of course the requisite nudity and sex mods which feel a bit against the SPIRIT of the whole thing :o

I just googled 'Stardew Valley Shane Gay' and definitely saw glimpses of a world I probably don't want to get into :D

I had about a month a few years back where I played Stardew Valley religiously. I was a SLUT, and had everyone max romanced.

I think there has been a fair few updates since then so I should give it another go.

Reactions: VoR
I played it and enjoyed it years ago and ended up getting with Harvey the cute doctor. Enjoyable but I don’t have enough free time to keep up with games like this!

I had no idea about any of this. I played very little of it and got to a haunted building. I must go back, clearly.

Finished Stray last night, which was good fun even if the gameplay was a little thin. It's such a good vibe and the cat is very well done.

• Care
Reactions: COB
I'm playing Dungeon Encounters which is the DRIEST DUNGEON CRAWLER I've played in my life but I am quite enjoying it in small doses :D It's cleverly designed and if you cheat a bit you can actually avoid all the really annoying stuff that would sidetrack you for hours like having your characters being eaten up or lost in the dungeon.

I'm on floor 70. Hope it doesn't get too taxing in the 80s and 90s although I can imagine the ending of the game being simply a TEXT SCREEN, it is that dry. Not sure it's worth the effort!

I'm playing the cat game!

I'm only a short way in. It looks great, the cat is cool but it's quite boring. It's hard to motivate myself to go back to it.

• Sad
Reactions: GNL
Anyone ever tried Fez? I mean this is old news, I think I played it about 10 years ago! But I picked it up for £4 in the recent sale and it’s still rather good

Anyone ever tried Fez? I mean this is old news, I think I played it about 10 years ago! But I picked it up for £4 in the recent sale and it’s still rather good
It's alright, I was disappointed but I think it was because of hype.

The guy who made it is a bit weird and has said some odd stuff about Japanese developers which made me go off the game and the other one he made afterwards (the one that looks like Myst and the Talos Principle, can't remember the name).

It's alright, I was disappointed but I think it was because of hype.

The guy who made it is a bit weird and has said some odd stuff about Japanese developers which made me go off the game and the other one he made afterwards (the one that looks like Myst and the Talos Principle, can't remember the name).

Oh really?
Tbh no great loss - it’s a good puzzle game at least and won’t take me that long, I’m already over 50% completion.

I don’t really like the fake 8-bit graphic style as a genre, there’s rarely any need for it other than nostalgia and possibly not being able to make better art :eyes:

Oh really?
Tbh no great loss - it’s a good puzzle game at least and won’t take me that long, I’m already over 50% completion.

I don’t really like the fake 8-bit graphic style as a genre, there’s rarely any need for it other than nostalgia and possibly not being able to make better art :eyes:
I mean, the whole game was made by one guy in his bedroom so I don't begrudge him too much on that front...

I mean, the whole game was made by one guy in his bedroom so I don't begrudge him too much on that front...

No, I think it works alright in Fez because it contrasts to the alien tech that’s not in the same style.

I guess I mean more the pretend retro games that are just trying to make another Megaman or whatever

@Peekaboo you might be mixing up Phil Fish (who made Fez) with Jonathan Blow (who did Braid and The Witness) - they were both a bit arsey in similar but slightly different ways, and they were both in Indie Game The Movie, so quite easy to confuse them!

@Peekaboo you might be mixing up Phil Fish (who made Fez) with Jonathan Blow (who did Braid and The Witness) - they were both a bit arsey in similar but slightly different ways, and they were both in Indie Game The Movie, so quite easy to confuse them!
Oops. Yes :D

Oh really? I was just googling it and it looked like they BOTH said modern Japanese games were all shit :o

Yes but he didn't make The Witness :tongueout: On that subject, I HATED The Witness but a big part of that was me finding it too obtuse so maybe I'm just thick :(

I really tried with The Witness and also gave up. I just couldn't see any pattern or logic to help me through it at all.

Just finished Bayonetta 3.

I enjoyed it, it (broadly) played well, but the story was a nonsense.

Why does everything need to have alternative universes these days? Marvel to DIE please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom