What happens if everyone was right and it IS all political?

If he does crash and burn, do we give up for a bit? I wonder if a BREXIT would do us some good, like it did Italy. Albeit that the viewing figures mean the BBC will likely keep going...

We deport Britain's biggest Eurofans to key nations across Europe where MI5 can provide them with unlimited SIM cards to infiltrate voting systems and artificially send our next entry (Crazy Frog performing a song penned by Andrew Lloyd-Webber) up the scoreboard.

If we can't win with diplomacy, there is always subterfuge and violence.

We deport Britain's biggest Eurofans to key nations across Europe where MI5 can provide them with unlimited SIM cards to infiltrate voting systems and artificially send our next entry (Crazy Frog performing a song penned by Andrew Lloyd-Webber) up the scoreboard.

If we can't win with diplomacy, there is always subterfuge and violence.

Well, it worked for Azerbaijan...

It will be really, really horrible (not least of all for Sam) and I genuinely do not know where we would go from there.

I can't imagine him not making the top ten on Jury scores.

A televote crash and burn could be really, really bad optics tough.

I honestly can’t see it happening. At this point it would actually be deliberate sabotage if we missed out on the top ten - Europe has engineered it so there aren’t even ten good songs in the final, much less ones with staging like ours.

I don’t care if Ukraine do win because of politics, what’s happening now overrides everything and I think it would be a beautiful message of unity. As one child wrote in my Eurovision lesson last year:

5744E61D-A9FE-47A6-8479-B8F4DCFD6676.jpeg

I do think that the UK fans this year are behaving a bit like Sweden do every year, and that’s nice because every country needs a time to shine after a long period of disappointment.

We will see if Ukraine win and they don't have the best song? that will see if it is political right?

What does it even mean, is it either “it’s all political” or it’s not political at all?

I don't think that will be quite fair, given that the circumstances are not normal (one former contestant invading another). I'm not sure taking this year as the norm from that perspective quite works

Oh ok :D

Plays Dua Lipa *new rules*

What would happen if the winning country was unable to host? Where would it go?

What would happen if the winning country was unable to host? Where would it go?
Could go to the runners up, but traditionally it went to the UK or the Netherlands. Hasn't happened in over 40 years though!

This wouldn’t be quite the same as any of the other times where the winners haven’t hosted the next year. In the past, it has always been the case the the winners didn’t want the hosting job whereas Ukraine presumably would. My guess would be that it might be hosted somewhere of the Ukrainian’s choice, maybe Poland, and still run by the Ukrainian broadcaster.

This wouldn’t be quite the same as any of the other times where the winners haven’t hosted the next year. In the past, it has always been the case the the winners didn’t want the hosting job whereas Ukraine presumably would. My guess would be that it might be hosted somewhere of the Ukrainian’s choice, maybe Poland, and still run by the Ukrainian broadcaster.
Even if Italy wins? :basil:

I heard someone point out the difference between a political win and a humanitarian win. And they went off and said it’s the least Europe could do having done nothing to help. And I was quite surprised to learn that person was Dr Eurovision :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom