What is a song you LOVE by an artist you DISLIKE?

Tetris-Rock

one of those "they/thems"
I’ve been back home in the countryside where I grew up for the last few days, and it has sent me on a bit of a Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill moment.

Obviously I am not ordinarily a stan of the wonky ginger one but I really think that song is the crowning jewel of his otherwise dreary discography.

So I got to thinking as I begin my long and boring journey back to London … what is a song you LOVE by an artist you HATE?

(Apols if this topic has been done before - a quick search suggested otherwise.)

Last edited:

Such a promising debut single, and the album wasn't bad either. I've never seen anyone's stock crash so fast. Her subsequent material doesn't even touch the sides on the way down.

I quite like Clown too, sorry not sorry.

Another upvote for Castle on the Hill here too.

Don't hate anyone :D it's just that some artists leave me kind of indifferent.
ie I love this song very much but otherwise am indifferent to him.

There is never an acceptable time to like Ed Sheeran :evil:

He’s one of the few artists in the world that has not ONE redeemable song.
Sometimes I've not minded a couple of his before he's opened his mouth.

I might have to hand in my Moopy membership card after this post, but I'm a sucker for Thinking Out Loud. It's really nice without being overly saccharine and transparent like the other songs of that ilk. E.g. that AWFUL John Legend song which I literally can't hear without wanting to murder someone.

I don't hate any artist but there's a few where I am totally indifferent to their work apart from one song, this being the best example

I like Shape of You actually :shy: So long as I don't listen to the lyrics and accidentally think about him having sex

I’ve been back home in the countryside where I grew up for the last few days, and it has sent me on a bit of a Ed Sheeran - Castle On The Hill moment.

Obviously I am not ordinarily a stan of the wonky ginger one but I really think that song is the crowning jewel of his otherwise dreary discography.

So I got to thinking as I begin my long and boring journey back to London … what is a song you LOVE by an artist you HATE?

(Apols if this topic has been done before - a quick search suggested otherwise.)

Bizarrely, this is the exact song I came to post. It’s uncharacteristically good for him, even if it does have that bit where he just slags off his school friends for being poor.

Yeah I don't hate Justin Bieber, but him and his music could suddenly stop existing and I wouldn't flinch. But I like this.

Pervesley I like Holloback Girl.

Still waiting on Taylor Swift.

And yeah Castle of the Hill is nice enough. Everything else fucking diabolical.

FB_IMG_1657767176030.jpg

• BOOM BOOM
Reactions: RJN

I'll take *d Sh**r*n and raise you this

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom