What will you NEVER DRINK AGAIN?

I was about to complain that OUR supermarkets don’t have German sections but then I remembered that Lidl is more or less one big German section

I do for some reason quite like those Peanut Butter Cups and anyone wanting a bit of relaxing Me Time in advance of the ASFXMAS results descending into ugly rows and vicious name-calling might want to pop this on :disco:

Ooh the DELICACIES that await you RJN! :disco:

F13-C1-C52-787-F-4098-AA3-E-F412-ECB77-ACA.jpg

Of course it’s LINDT AND RITTER SPORT or nothing for me :)

We don’t talk about my TWIX THING

Oh I love Reese's as well. I don't know if they use different chocolate or if it's just overpowered by the PEANUT DELICIOUSNESS, but GET THEM IN ME

I actually don't like RITTER SPORT. the chocolate is bland, every variant seems to have NUTS or CEREAL in it (cereal! how très déclassé!), and the square shape is both irritating and inconvenient. it cannot easily be shame-bundled into a pocket, which is quite the problem when having a regrettable episode and heading to the supermarket solely for a chocolate snack to keep the depression ghouls at bay.

American CINEMA snacks are top notch though. Milk Duds, Red Vines, MIKE AND IKES!

I actually don't like RITTER SPORT. the chocolate is bland, every variant seems to have NUTS or CEREAL in it (cereal! how très déclassé!), and the square shape is both irritating and inconvenient. it cannot easily be shame-bundled into a pocket, which is quite the problem when having a regrettable episode and heading to the supermarket solely for a chocolate snack to keep the depression ghouls at bay.
But... but... MARZIPAN!

Reactions: Zu
A friend once got me a BUTTERFINGER from America and it was truly VILE.
Nobody better lay a FINGER on my BUTTERFINGER

Love Ritter Sport but only the more plain flavours. The ones with big chunks of shit in them can do one.

My fake German heritage and I are so affronted by all this anti-Ritter Sport chat. I’ll have you know that we covered Ritter Sport in my terribly ill-fated and boring Business German module and they’re QUADRATISCH, PRAKTISCH UND GUT

:fuckoff:

Is this what you can't drink again or chocolate related somehow

I was thoughtfully trying to steer the thread back on track :)

Would probably eat a box of Bacardi liqueurs though :disco:

Reactions: RJN
In that case, another one for me is a Long Island iced tea, after a bad experience the first time I ever went to a bar

Long Island is my absolute favourite drink to ask for in a bar :D if they know how to make it you get a beautifully rich cocktail that goes down like velvet, and if they don't you just get really drunk. :disco: so many SULLEN BARTENDERS can't be ARSED though.

Long Island is my absolute favourite drink to ask for in a bar :D if they know how to make it you get a beautifully rich cocktail that goes down like velvet, and if they don't you just get really drunk. :disco:

Well in my case it was BOTH. But maybe having 4 in an hour when I'd only been drunk 2 times ever was my mistake

If there's a Long Island on the menu, it's the first thing I'm ordering :love: (though I'm won over by any place that serves more than just an Aperol Spritz as their one cocktail)

I wouldn’t be totally against a Long Island Iced Tea, but I’ve had some TERRIBLE TERRIBLE times after drinking them, from what I’ve been told anyway as I don’t remember ANY OF IT.

CAMPARI

I’d never tried it before I came to Japan and weirdly it’s one of the standard cocktails served in restaurants. I tried it because it looked colourful and fruity but OH GOD IT WASN'T

Did I see this on QI, that during the war, American servicemens’ chocolate rations were deliberately vomitty to stop people scoffing it all straight away.

but in the end they just sort of got used to it and it became popular as a result?

CAMPARI

I’d never tried it before I came to Japan and weirdly it’s one of the standard cocktails served in restaurants. I tried it because it looked colourful and fruity but OH GOD IT WASN'T

I love Campari these days

NEGRONI MMMH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom