Where is Rihanna?

By the way Anti wasn’t released on Spotify until at least a year after its release date so I blame it on that.

:D

WTF? I do hope this is sarcasm.

Agree with you as far as Rihanna post perhaps 2009 goes, but I will admit that up until around 'Loud' it did seem like she was just very, very lucky with the singles she was given - there wasn't much of 'her' in her music (I felt) right up through Good Girl Gone Bad etc.

WHO IS SHE EVEN

no, I've hummed all the bangerz and I'm ready to hum again. I wish she'd retire from that Fenty nonsense

Even I love Bitch Better Have My Money...

I don’t remember Love On The Brain at all, though...

Like BRRAP BRRAP BRRAP

PAY!

ME!

WHAT!

YOU!

OWE!

ME!
20-rihanna-gun.w330.h330.jpg

I love anything basic as long as there is an appealing tune or a nice beat or pleasant vocals or relatable lyrics etc.... Work has NONE of that (for me).

sorry, i cut my foot and now my shoe is filling up with blood.

Last edited:
I love anything basic as long as there is an appealing tune or a nice beat or pleasant vocals or relatable lyrics etc.... Work has NONE of that (for me).

Agreed. I loved Work From Home, which is relatively a similar type song, but it seems to have a tune, whereas the Rihanna one I just can't get into

I nearly clicked that link, then I remembered that Pitchfork's writing generally makes me want to smash up the nearest laptop and outlaw beards.

Some of the dreary and overly worthy choices in that Top 200 render it pretty much (@dUb :tongueout:) null and void, not least Beyoncé at number FOUR, and ‘Bitch Better Have My Money’ isn’t about the video. It’s about the fucked up TIME SIGNATURE

MOO LA LA :disco:

I don't mind that Pitchfork list at all, not least for how celebratory the top 50 is of female artistes, and I'm glad the supposedly unhummable and long-forgotten Bitch Better Have My Moolah made it in (presumably they had to Youtube it while writing the list to remember how it went, so lacking in hooks/melody is it).

i knew that her reggae-tinged vanity project was never going to be green lit

i would personally quite enjoy a subversive rihanna reggae covers album a la tori amos' strange little girls.
mr boombastic is gagging for it.

then she can make a star turn in an oscar-nominated movie.

Omg Fenty are doing music now? :disco:

(They're taking a lot of certainty from 'I think I should [...] lol')

This thread is genuinely one of Moopy's most embarrassing, out of touch moments. Just full of clueless white people thinking their opinion of a few tracks shows whether one of the most famously charismatic stars in control of her own image and destiny has any talent or not.

The fact anyone could question it after she basically revolutionised the cosmetics industry (something plenty of similarly big popstars have tried and failed to do!) is just....I can really only assume a lot of you don't actually know much about Rihanna. She hasn't released an album to my taste really since Loud, but the woman is objectively a superstar.

This thread is genuinely one of Moopy's most embarrassing, out of touch moments. Just full of clueless white people thinking their opinion of a few tracks shows whether one of the most famously charismatic stars in control of her own image and destiny has any talent or not.

The fact anyone could question it after she basically revolutionised the cosmetics industry (something plenty of similarly big popstars have tried and failed to do!) is just....I can really only assume a lot of you don't actually know much about Rihanna. She hasn't released an album to my taste really since Loud, but the woman is objectively a superstar.

BUT CAN YOU HUM IT!!!!111!1!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom