Worst Places to Live + derelict buildings + other fascinating urban architecture + brutalism

images

:disco:

Hammersmith <3

I think I would start with the job @Chlammy - it really doesn't matter so long as it's near a station - and then come back for advice on where to live that's convenient but also decent.

But then I've been working from home so long now that the idea of a long commute in rush hour fills me with PURE HORROR so other opinions may be more use

Wow :disco: Royal Crescent Bath EAT YOUR HEART OUT
They were SUPPOSEDLY renovated a few years back which included PAINTING THE BALCONIES. I think by RENOVATION they really meant tear it down and build something that’s actually habitable. And it’s a BEACON OF THE CITY supposedly.

Anyone for a big night out when we're allowed again?
DIV4nu9XUAIzJXh.jpg

Convenient for the local bingo hall, health centre, and oh yes - mere minutes from my flat :disco:

:D :D :D

I can’t remember this ever being open. Though every time I venture over to your end of town it’s always a chuckle to see it STILL standing!

Putney is my area of choice :disco: Nice and green and all that. Quite pricey, mind.

Reactions: Zu
They were SUPPOSEDLY renovated a few years back which included PAINTING THE BALCONIES. I think by RENOVATION they really meant tear it down and build something that’s actually habitable. And it’s a BEACON OF THE CITY supposedly.

Poor Bury. There a some quite nice bits actually but yes the market is a bit grim :D

:D :D :D

I can’t remember this ever being open. Though every time I venture over to your end of town it’s always a chuckle to see it STILL standing!
I was going to say that I could swear it's been closed since I was a kid, but people on Twitter seem to have differing views on when they last visited (though perhaps those folk are just DEAD OLD). I particularly liked someone saying it used to be a pub, and was the only pub they'd been in where they couldn't see their feet it was so dark :disco:

All the development in E&C in the past 10 years really is truth that you can't POLISH A TURD. I'm not quite sure what lunatics were paying 700k for 1 bed flats rounds there, only to find out the ROCKINGHAM ARMS is your local.

I can't believe they're planning to knock down the shopping centre :shock: SURELY it should be AT LEAST Grade II listed

img_20200123_132152.jpg

The question is WHO IS JOANNA DEE? Is she a brassy old Weegie landlady who don't take no shite from no cunt, or a local drag queen?

:D God it sounds FANTASTIC! Let’s start the Reopen Joanna Dee’s (:D) Nightclub petition right now! Are they any windows round the back or did Joanna favour the abattoir vibe?
No windows whatsoever, AND it's the only building left standing on a large block of wasteground for that extra bit of post-apocalyptic chic.

The question is WHO IS JOANNA DEE? Is she a brassy old Weegie landlady who don't take no shite from no cunt, or a local drag queen?

I’d imagine almost certainly the FORMER. And probably a bit on the grubby side :disco:

No windows whatsoever, AND it's the only building left standing on a large block of wasteground for that extra bit of post-apocalyptic chic.

:disco: I'm going to look it up on Google Streetview immediately

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom