You are number thirty eight in Thursdays call queue

You have a friendly neighbourhood mod to thank for that!

What thread was I in this time? Why do I struggle to even post in the correct threads? I think I may have a form of tech dyslexia if that is even a THING.

It'll be 30 today here, the coldest day in a week. Its been horrible all week. 34 and 100% humidity yesterday

I did a click and collect order for Pets at Home this morning with eight items, checking stock at the collection store for each one before adding to my basket. At checkout it made me remove four items as they were now out of stock (two infra-red basking spotlights and two 10kg packs of Reptifloor substrate for the vivarium, to be fair they showed as low stock when I checked). When the confirmation text message arrived half an hour later it told me that other items are now unavailable and to check my email. There is one item left on the order that I can now collect (30" fluorescent UVB 10% tube) yet the pending transaction on my interweb banking is for the full order amount and no refunds are showing as pending. Not sure that I believe there'd be that many people buying 5kg boxes of charcoal dog biscuits which didn't show as low stock when I checked but what do I know? Clearly nowt.

I did a click and collect order for Pets at Home this morning with eight items, checking stock at the collection store for each one before adding to my basket. At checkout it made me remove four items as they were now out of stock (two infra-red basking spotlights and two 10kg packs of Reptifloor substrate for the vivarium, to be fair they showed as low stock when I checked). When the confirmation text message arrived half an hour later it told me that other items are now unavailable and to check my email. There is one item left on the order that I can now collect (30" fluorescent UVB 10% tube) yet the pending transaction on my interweb banking is for the full order amount and no refunds are showing as pending. Not sure that I believe there'd be that many people buying 5kg boxes of charcoal dog biscuits which didn't show as low stock when I checked but what do I know? Clearly nowt.
I get that a lot too with online shopping despite doing my best to only order things that are in stock. At first I was calling them asking to cancel the order so that i order only available things. Later on i've realised they really lie a lot about what's in stock so there's no point.

I get that a lot too with online shopping despite doing my best to only order things that are in stock. At first I was calling them asking to cancel the order so that i order only available things. Later on i've realised they really lie a lot about what's in stock so there's no point.

It's really frustrating isn't it? The things that I'm buying aren't things that owners of "normal/usual" pets would be walking in and buying, you'd need a vivarium to need these items, so the products often sit on the shelves for months as the UVB lights only need to be replaced once a year.

When I go to collect the tube light this afternoon I'll also check the relevant shelves in the store and if any of the items I originally ordered are there there will be Hell to pay. There'll be double-Hell if there are charcoal dog biscuits in the "pick and mix" section because they use one of the 5kg boxes that costs £13.99 and sell them on as pick and mix for £3.95 a kilo.

One doesn’t obsess over atlases and maps and flags as I child for nothing
Oh give me a roadmap as a child and I was occupied for HOURS. I used to like it when my dad got a new one and used to look at all the new roads being built since the prior year

Oh give me a roadmap as a child and I was occupied for HOURS. I used to like it when my dad got a new one and used to look at all the new roads being built since the prior year
I can do that now :D With the digital version on my phone

I was amazed to find out that some of the major museums and galleries etcs are on Google maps/street view and you can actually take a virtual tour.

Just back from Pets at Home where I found three of the four "out of stock" bulbs they binned from my order this morning. Also got charcoal biscuits from the pick and mix so I had to pay £2.70 for £1.90-worth of the box I originally wanted.

On my bank there are now two pending transactions for Pets at Home totalling £63.19 even though my total spend is only £40.20. Even though I know I'll get the refund eventually it still feels like it's a scam on their part somehow.

YouTube has proven a good knowledge base so far with the wall i promised to fix. Already brushed it, washed it, applied a base for the paint, created plaster to fill some holes, applied it and now am waiting for it to dry out so that i can paint it. I think it will look as good as new once finished but am worrying if it will last.

I’m not sure that a second bottle is the best idea given some of the nasty reactions to my thoughtful, caring input this evening but guess what? ÇA M’EST ÉGAL :disco:

I’m not sure that a second bottle is the best idea given some of the nasty reactions to my thoughtful, caring input this evening but guess what? ÇA M’EST ÉGAL :disco:
Are you joining us for ASFM this eve? We could do with your VOICE OF REASON

:disco: I most certainly am NOT. One's brain being fried is always pleasant but not when it comes to non-stop Moopyrate under another name :)
I wouldn’t say it’s anything like Moopyrate (other than the hosts no one knows who is who until after voting), but then I was never around for it.

I wouldn’t say it’s anything like Moopyrate (other than the hosts no one knows who is who until after voting), but then I was never around for it.
Oh sweetiepops it VERY MUCH IS

And we don’t want Moopyrate anyway because @Rachey would win in a landslide :disco:

I always thought Rachey had won one of the early ones?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom