You are number thirty eight in Thursdays call queue

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
I really am. If I don't get an appointment I'm burning shit down.

I'm getting a phone appointment TOMORROW MORNING!

I'm trying to get all this shit sorted before I start my training NEXT WEEK!

Naturally the cat jumped on the bed and started miaowing the moment the call was answered.

Why doesn't everyone have that "You are in a queue, we'll call you back" system? It is so much better than crap hold music.

Why doesn't everyone have that "You are in a queue, we'll call you back" system? It is so much better than crap hold music.
The worst is hold music that gets interrupted every few seconds to remind you that you're in a queue, then skips back to the beginning so you're essentially listening to the same bit of a song over and over again. I swear they just want to break your spirit.

The worst is hold music that gets interrupted every few seconds to remind you that you're in a queue, then skips back to the beginning so you're essentially listening to the same bit of a song over and over again. I swear they just want to break your spirit.
I had one the other day, with no queue number, 7 seconds of music, before a deeply annoying minute long message.

I've been doing a lot of life admin.

Because people then don't answer the call back or they go "well, you could be anyone, I'll call you" and the whole loop starts all over again.

The ones playing annoying MUZAC with multiple interruptions AND a white noise over the top that sounds like a poorly tuned AM radio are the best. I reckon they use that as torture in Guantanamo Bay.

What I've never understood is why the hold music AND often the chirpy "your call is import to us" messages are SUCH bad quality, like they're still coming through a dial-up modem or recorded on a zoetrope.
MUZAC with multiple interruptions AND a white noise over the top that sounds like a poorly tuned AM radio

Yes THIS!

What I've never understood is why the hold music AND often the chirpy "your call is import to us" messages are SUCH bad quality, like they're still coming through a dial-up modem or recorded on a zoetrope.
And why do people ALWAYS choose someone with a LISP to record the message?

I hate the ones that don't loop properly. Don't chop a random 30 seconds out of something, find a nice section that loops round...makes 'em more likely to lose track of time.

When I worked in a contact centre, I found out that when ‘your call may be recorded for training purposes’, that also meant the 10 minute wait to get through.

The caller may have heard hold music but we heard EVERY INTIMATE THING they said.

When I worked in a contact centre, I found out that when ‘your call may be recorded for training purposes’, that also meant the 10 minute wait to get through.

The caller may have heard hold music but we heard EVERY INTIMATE THING they said.
omg what

I woke up feeling shit (and no I didn't drink last night) but there's two minutes to go on my LFT and it's still NEGATIVE

I've slept watching youtube instruction videos about how can you fix a wall that has gotten moist, cause yesterday my bf was worried about how much it will cost and where can we find a repairman which lead to me promising that i can i fix it myself.

I've just walked 50 minutes to get LIGHTBULBS.

I mean they work, but still.

I woke up feeling shit (and no I didn't drink last night) but there's two minutes to go on my LFT and it's still NEGATIVE
I was convinced you meant Liver Function Test at first

(Might want to get that checked as well hun)

This last little heatwave we are experiencing here right now is BLOODY MARVELLOUS. Thought I had to pack the bikini away for another year but NO. :disco:

This last little heatwave we are experiencing here right now is BLOODY MARVELLOUS. Thought I had to pack the bikini away for another year but NO. :disco:
I’ve just checked the weather and I do love how Scots think cloudy skies and 17c is a heatwave, bless x

I’ve just checked the weather and I do love how Scots think cloudy skies and 17c is a heatwave, bless x

Darling it is 21, and pure sunshine where I am right now. 27 yesterday. Balmy 18 with intermittent cloud in Manchester. :(

Darling it is 21, and pure sunshine where I am right now. 27 yesterday. Balmy 18 with intermittent cloud in Manchester. :(
I think officially down here two days of 28c or above constitute as a heatwave. But yes it’s shite here at the minute :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom