22 dead at Manchester Arena Ariana Grande concert bombing

I think there will be a lot more anger and upset about this one.

I'm not sure how much longer the "we just have to carry on and not let them win" rhetoric will wash with people when barely a month goes by now when we're not having to turn the other cheek.

Not that I'm suggesting there is anything else we CAN do, but I think this one adds a new dimension to things that will be much harder for people to digest.

I think there will be a lot more anger and upset about this one.

I'm not sure how much longer the "we just have to carry on and not let them win" rhetoric will wash with people when barely a month goes by now when we're not having to turn the other cheek.

Not that I'm suggesting there is anything else we CAN do, but I think this one adds a new dimension to things that will be much harder for people to digest.
This is next level, that's for sure.

I highly suspect that the attacker wasn't deliberate in the age group/gender of the people there. He just chose a day with a sell-out guarantee of lots of people.

But then we'll never know.

I highly suspect that the attacker wasn't deliberate in the age group/gender of the people there. He just chose a day with a sell-out guarantee of lots of people.

But then we'll never know.
He would have known exactly who was killing as he did it.

This one feels more close home than anything previously. I've probably been to the Manchester arena 25 times.

I'm going to a city-centre festival thing on Sunday and it's already got my nerves up.

Well, unless new drastic/radical measures will take place, nothing will change and this will continue.

This one feels more close home than anything previously. I've probably been to the Manchester arena 25 times.

I'm going to a city-centre festival thing on Sunday and it's already got my nerves up.
Same here. This seems so much more personal because I know the target so well. I can't wrap my head around the fact that so many people have died somewhere I have such good memories of.

It's horrific.

I live in the centre and haven't slept all night for the constant sirens, helicopters, and general worry.

My friend Martyn is still missing and no one can get hold of him.

Jesus. Hope he turns up Jill.

It's all so awful, and just another level considering the target and the method.

I imagine that's any slim chance of a Tory non-walkover out the window too. This couldn't be a more perfect motivator for anti-immigrant votes.

I imagine that's any slim chance of a Tory non-walkover out the window too. This couldn't be a more perfect motivator for anti-immigrant votes.
It's a struggle to get my head around what's actually happened let alone the political consequences atm.

Went to bed early last night, so had no idea of this happening. I've not had the radio or TV on so far today. The first I saw was a notification from BBC news on my phone, and now reading this to get more detail.

Reading this is horrifying enough. I can't imagine the heartbreak of hearing or seeing it, so I'm going to avoid radio and TV where I can for a while. What it must be like to live through it is unimaginable, and I hope for most of us it remains that way.

I hope you get good news about your friend very soon, Jill.

It's surreal. I keep refreshing social media hoping for an update but there's just nothing.

The city is understandably swarming with police right now

C4 news have footage inside of the arena when the bomb was detonated and everyone started screaming and running for the exits. The injuries there could be significant.

Yesterday was the anniversary of Lee Rigby's murder.

I'm trying not to put my tinfoil hat on over the timing but this is a human story and a dreadful one. It's just sickening.

I'm trying not to put my tinfoil hat on over the timing but this is a human story and a dreadful one. It's just sickening.

One of the political commentators I follow on Twitter said yesterday evening that after the day the Tories had had, expect a huge dead cat to materialise. I don't think they were anticipating this.

Well the best guess at the moment is a nail bomb killing over 20 teenagers, so good luck with that.

Nail bomb is looking very likely. Loads of reports of shrapnel related injuries and witnesses saying there were nuts and bolts strewn across the ground. It's horrific.

I've barely slept, and even when I did, I dreamt of horrible things.

Never in my life did I truly believe that something could happen in Manchester. Just so devastated for all of those lives lost.

I've barely slept, and even when I did, I dreamt of horrible things.

Never in my life did I truly believe that something could happen in Manchester. Just so devastated for all of those lives lost.

It's long felt to me that an attack outside of London would spread fear around the country more effectively than another one there. I think there has been a sense amongst some that other places were somehow safe, despite arguably being more vulnerable.

Who knows if this was the intention but by choosing Ariana, it really feels like they were targeting kids, girls and gays.

The Westminster attack felt so centralised, distant and desperate. This manages to hit where it hurts. Kids, pop concert, Manchester, Ariana Grande, nail bomb, death tolls.... all words that don't fit together. You know this is something else when almost 4 hours after finding out you still struggle to comprehend what's happened.

Sounds a bit heartless but the Westminster attack was a clear attack ON WESTMINSTER.

Even people that don't go to gigs much probably have friends and relatives that do... we have all been or know someone who has been to the MEN or even other arena concerts. It's all very close to home. For me, my little cousin or any number of the Ari stan gays that I know easily could have been there.

It's just so awful and random. And really really terrifying. There always seemed to be that general risk of being in London because of it being the capital and a political centre, but a gig in Manchester is so hard to get your head around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom