A Gwyneth Paltrow opinion poll

What do you think of Gwyneth Paltrow?

• Total voters

VoR

Take it or leave it
She's recently been voted both the most beautiful woman alive and the most hated woman on earth (by separate publications). What do you think of this Oscar-Winning actress turned mung bean queen?

Gwyneth+Paltrow+Signs+Copies+New+Book+Good+q8H5ldGsZFKl.jpg

Last edited:
I think i've seen her in one film, but otherwise i don't really know why she's so famous or popular.

I used to hate her but I've really warmed to her in recent years. Her attitude to food is overly-militant, but at least she's honest about the fact she eats a weird diet, unlike most actresses.

I think she's relaxed a bit recently. She seems to take herself less seriously.

I enjoyed Graham Norton ripping the shit out of her cookbook last week. She did take it quite well in fairness.

Last edited:
I have disliked her in every film I've seen her in. She is so cold and uncharismatic, it's impossible to care about any of her characters.

I thought she was very good in The Talented Mr Ripley, but aside from that she's never made an impression on me as an actress. I tend to think of her as a more 'serious' actress because she has an Oscar, but she hasn't really done much of note when you look at her back catalogue.

I like her

But I've gone off her now the marketing company that produce her "newsletter" have taken their translations elsewhere and we don't get to translate her recipes into Spanish anymore (and instead they're RUBBISH so they're clearly using someone on the CHEAP)

I also think she clearly has a REALLY GOOD sense of humour about herself, which always gives me a big thumbs up for anyone, whatever they're like elsewhere...

I enjoyed Graham Norton ripping the shit out of her cookbook last week. (From 9.20) She did take it quite well in fairness.

I loved her remark about Madonna re: the alleged charity auctioned workout with both of them: "Oh well SHE definitely wouldn't have turned up" [sic]

I used to dislike her but she's grown on me lately as she seems to have quite a bit of humor in her. I liked her best in the few episodes of Glee she did.

I loathe her.

She f***ed her way to Oscar glory. She won for Shakespeare in Love - a truly mediocre and forgettable film. Cate Blanchett deserved to win for 'Elizabeth', but Gwyneth was allegedly shagging Harvey Weinstein who campaigned relentlessly for her. She's never been nominated before or since, probably because of how limited her acting ability is.

She really needs to shut up about her diet and her exercise habits. She's not a nutritionist or a fitness instructor, and the vast majority of people simply cannot afford the ridiculous ingredients she uses.

She just comes across as a spoilt, entitled snob.

I quite liked her in Se7en and Sliding Doors and Room At the Top, but as a person she irritates me.

I've seen:

A Perfect Murder (utterly AWFUL)
Shakespeare In Love (very good)
The Talented Mr. Ripley (amazing)

And that's it.

I thought she was very good in The Talented Mr Ripley, but aside from that she's never made an impression on me as an actress. I tend to think of her as a more 'serious' actress because she has an Oscar, but she hasn't really done much of note when you look at her back catalogue.

View From The Top was clearly the pinnacle of her career.

I prefer Blythe Danner to Gwyneth, but I think she completely changed around the time she had kids. She's not so serious about herself any more.

The Talented Mr Ripley (Very good)
Sliding Doors (Nice film but she doesn't exactly LIGHT UP THE SCREEN. It'd suit more of a Drew Barrymore type I think)
Shakespeare In Love (Same, nice film but she's just OK in it, didn't blow me away)
Seven (Amazing film but she doesn't really do much)

She does brittle a lot better than warm in my limited experience. RomComs don't seem to suit her, despite the fact that she's done a lot of them.

She's never been nominated before or since.

Ooo... so she hasn't! But isn't that quite common? Other winners since her win to have only had that single nomination:

Natalie Portman
Sandra Bullock
Marion Cotillard
Reese Witherspoon
Halle Berry

That looks like quite a lot to me.

Why all the dislike for Shakespeare in Love? :evil:

It's written by Tom Stoppard for a start :evil:

Ooo... so she hasn't! But isn't that quite common? Other winners since her win to have only had that single nomination:

Natalie Portman
Sandra Bullock
Marion Cotillard
Reese Witherspoon
Halle Berry

That looks like quite a lot to me.

I imagine most of those will be nominated again at some point. Marion Cotillard came close this year.

Halle Berry has done even less with her Oscar success than Gwyneth though. What a CATALOGUE of CRAP. She seems to be taking/getting slightly better roles in recent years though.

i love gwyneth paltrow and i used to hate her when she first started becoming popular

granted she's a bit too much and i can see why mediocre, low income and/or fat people would be turned off

i also love her love for fashion and dressing up

pa-12892848.jpg

pow

i can see why mediocre, low income and/or fat people would be turned off

:D

Speaking of LOW INCOME, the Bulgarian I pulled in Cyprus told me that none of the young people back home can get jobs. I blame you.

Her acting is as exciting as eating dry crackers, which is probably her kids' idea of a treat, and she and her husband are the reigning King and Queen of MoR. She's just a crashing bore.

I'd rather be low-income, mediocre and obese than devote my life to promoting STEAMED KALE.

Last edited:
I actually had no idea until that Graham Norton interview that Quinoa is pronounced "Kee-noir"

I'd totally have pronounced it phonetically (Quin-noah). :shy: *common*

Only a few more years til Apple hits adolescence and then it's going to be REBELLION CENTRAL. I hope she becomes a heavy-drinking, burger-guzzling goth :disco:

Last edited:
Can you even buy quinoa up north? I'm constantly amazed by the stuff my aunt can't find in supermarkets in Glasgow. She's currently very excited that her local M&S have started stocking fennel.

It's one of those things I've read about but have no idea what it is. :D (Or didn't until Graham Norton described it)

See also COUS-COUS.

Last edited:
It's one of those things I've read about but have no idea what it is. :D (Or didn't until Graham Norton described it)

See also COUS-COUS.

quinoa is one of the easiest to cook, tasty, healthy and affordable things you can eat
seriously, people!

That said, I don't dislike her actually. I do resent that she took the Oscar over Blanchett, but she interviews well enough and doesn't deserve the abuse she gets from some quarters.

She looks a fucking STATE in one of the tabloids today though in some bizarre half paneled, half net dress.

Speaking of LOW INCOME, the Bulgarian I pulled in Cyprus told me that none of the young people back home can get jobs. I blame you.

it's probably tough for those fresh out of uni right now but the fact a lot of the young generation can't spell properly (even those just out of uni) but won't work for less than xx a month right away and dream of becoming reality stars, pseudo mobsters or psuedo mobsters' girlfriends instead also plays a part in what he said

it's probably tough for those fresh out of uni right now but the fact a lot of the young generation can't spell properly (even those just out of uni) but won't work for less than xx a month right away and dream of becoming reality stars, pseudo mobsters or psuedo mobsters' girlfriends instead also plays a part in what he said

AND THEY'RE ALL COMING TO THE UK... AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Farage will be APPALLED.

She's a decent actress, if not a little dull. But she's sooooo not the most beautiful woman on the planet. She's barely the most beautiful in her street. She's the yuckiest looking vagina ever. How the fuck does she get picked over someone like Charlize Theron? Oh wait....PR. That's how. *rolls eyes*

To be honest, that doesn't really fit in with what he was saying else he wouldn't be working as a low paid waiter in Cyprus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom