A Gwyneth Paltrow opinion poll

What do you think of Gwyneth Paltrow?

• Total voters
giphy.gif

I think she's a crazy charlatan businesswise but I rather like her as an actress and she was/is pretty.

So what we're saying is we're totally happy overlooking wealth inequality and being financially cheated by the 1% if it means our campy fave is part of the problem?

So what we're saying is we're totally happy overlooking wealth inequality and being financially cheated by the 1% if it means our campy fave is part of the problem?
i don't think anyone said that but also... if you really want to get into it, Gwyneth made her own fortune and I'm not sure Goop or some Hamptons flavoured clothing line particularly contributes to wealth inequality. sure she's part of the capitalist system like every other pop girl (not only the ones who have endorsements, brands or side hustles) but like, there are bigger problems.

what are you actually suggesting? nobody can be a camp icon if they have any business dealings? sometimes your hot takes could really do with a second draft before posting dear

No I'm saying I'm a middle-aged HOMOSEX that doesn’t mind that a celebrity that was already famous and rich from her family and acting has found a way to swindle other rich people out of their money by purchasing her insanity. She’s never gotten a dime out of me because I’m a poor redneck that would never buy anything from her so I’m good :side-eye:

what are you actually suggesting? nobody can be a camp icon if they have any business dealings? sometimes your hot takes could really do with a second draft before posting dear

I just see a LOT of double standards. Not necessarily just on Moopy but with Western audiences in general and definitely with gays. So often people will whine about capitalism and "the 1%" but only with the select individuals/companies/industries that offend them and are fine overlooking the problem for their faves. Like, I've seen entire Facebook pages dedicated to "exposing wealth inequality", condemning Big Oil and Big Tech for their unethical business practices but not once will they talk about companies like LVMH or Nike (who are just as barbaric and destructive) because they make pretty things and dress their favorite "queen". I honestly have no issue with who people stan, but if you're fine with the system when it rewards your faves, don't get self-righteous when it rewards those you don't like.

Last edited:
No I'm saying I'm a middle-aged HOMOSEX that doesn’t mind that a celebrity that was already famous and rich from her family and acting has found a way to swindle other rich people out of their money by purchasing her insanity. She’s never gotten a dime out of me because I’m a poor redneck that would never buy anything from her so I’m good :side-eye:
Where in the US do you live btw? You don't have to be specific

I just see a LOT of double standards. Not necessarily just on Moopy but with Western audiences in general and definitely with gays. So often people will whine about capitalism and "the 1%" but only with the select individuals/companies/industries that offend them and are fine overlooking the problem for their faves. Like, I've seen entire Facebook pages dedicated to "exposing wealth inequality", condemning Big Oil and Big Tech for their unethical business practices but not once will they talk about companies like LVMH or Nike (who are just as barbaric and destructive) because they make pretty things and dress their favorite "queen". I honestly have no issue with who people stan, but if you're fine with the system when it rewards your faves, don't get self-righteous when it rewards those you don't like.
I get your point but I don't think anyone in this thread has whined about capitalism of the 1%. I certainly haven't and I won't because that would make me a hypocrite.

I get your point but I don't think anyone in this thread has whined about capitalism of the 1%. I certainly haven't and I won't because that would make me a hypocrite.
No, I don't think so either, which is why I wanted to ASK Joseph first before assuming anything.

I'm just so sick of so-called "Progressives", some of whom are my closest friends, who will whine about 'evil corporations' but are totally fine spending $1000 on a Meet'n'Greet ticket for their favorite pop star and yelling "Get money queen!" because they're too shallow to realize that the two are rewarded by the same system.

I just found out two weeks ago there's a "cheaper" skin care like from Lady Goop herself at the very HIGH-END store Target :disco:, and I mean cheap as in it's not selling one million dollar serums but they do sell USD 50.00 face creams.

BI-23-DealsDecade-Desktop-2000px-9.jpg

This Queen's parsimony knows no boundaries, no one is safe.

I just found out two weeks ago there's a "cheaper" skin care like from Lady Goop herself at the very HIGH-END store Target :disco:, and I mean cheap as in it's not selling one million dollar serums but they do sell USD 50.00 face creams.

BI-23-DealsDecade-Desktop-2000px-9.jpg

This Queen's parsimony knows no boundaries, no one is safe.

IMG_7567.jpeg

She really said I’ll sell to the POOR but not the Wal-Mart POOR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom