A rewatch TIMETABLE

I think I'll probably miss this one as I'm in a bubble at my parents. It would probably cause comment if I lurked upstairs all evening rather than coming down to be sociable.

The Danish entry is one of the most visually remarkable spectacles I’ve ever seen.

The Danish entry is one of the most visually remarkable spectacles I’ve ever seen.

There's a Danish one from that era which I know is quite :o, but I couldn't remember if it was this one.

I'm not sure how I meant it, either :D

At least, I don’t know if more people knowing the song would have meant a better score for you or not.

What a strange choice.

Keep an eye out for a Bruce Forsyth cameo.

Another one which isn’t currently on the YouTube channel! 2004-2007 are the only ones owned by EBU still to come! I’m too tired to follow this tonight but I’ll be downloading and watching later in the week.

It's the "final" Eurovision Again tonight...

...except they've announced that they're now going to run them monthly on every third Saturday for the rest of the year.

I've stuck with it longer than most but even I think that after tonight it should probably have finished.

I think its probably a wise decision. Having it only once a month will hopefully make people look forward to it more as well. And some I've chosen to sit out thinking I'll just wait for next week (or the next moopy one) I'd probably be less inclined to, if they aren't so frequent.

And perhaps we can properly schedule the 1977 rewatch now...

It's getting some old shows onto the YouTube platform in HD which is a very good thing even if I don't necessarily tune in live every time.
Do they keep them there though? I thought they were taken down again after a few weeks.

Ah okay. I read somewhere else that before 2004 the host broadcasters own the rights while from 2004 onwards it's the EBU. I guess that explains why 1974 didn't stay up for long.

Who are fecking weirdo broadcasters who want to squirrel away these shows for nobody to watch them again? What’s the point?

I wonder what the case is with contests hosted by broadcasters that no longer exist (Yugoslavia, the old Israeli broadcaster, presumably one or two others), are they just stuck in the broadcasting rights abyss forever?

I heard that SVT are being difficult with the older contests they hold for some reason.

I don’t really understand the opinion of “I’m tired of them now so they shouldn’t do them anymore”

When do we get the clues for this evening?

I think I'm IN

It'll surely be either 2012 or 2014 I reckon. The former seems to be the one everyone's been requesting, but of course we did it here recently.

I wonder what the case is with contests hosted by broadcasters that no longer exist (Yugoslavia, the old Israeli broadcaster, presumably one or two others), are they just stuck in the broadcasting rights abyss forever?

I heard that SVT are being difficult with the older contests they hold for some reason.
I suspect the Turkish broadcaster will be difficult about their show. Stupid Turkey.

It'll surely be either 2012 or 2014 I reckon. The former seems to be the one everyone's been requesting, but of course we did it here recently.

Wouldn’t rule out 2019 either.

Hmm. Not sure I'm here for 2012 again or 2019.

If it is 2012, do we have a moopy back up? Not sure if there is sufficient interest any more.

I’m just gonna watch whatever one it is, and take part in tweeting along. There’s a quiz before at 6:30 too from Attitude magazine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom