A Taskmaster topic

GinAg (39)

User
Pronouns
He/Him
Constantly surprised we don't have a topic for this. It's easily the best comedian "panel" show about, although it's a bit more reality TV meets comedian showcase. Seems like another strong cast, in this the 16th(!) season, although they have absolutely no chemistry, seemingly down the aloofness of Julian Clary and Sam Campbell :disco:

I need to watch the first episode. I have hopes for the pairing of Lucy Beaumont and Julian Clary.

Lucy Beaumont is as batshit, as expected. Julian Clary seems to be going through the motions, but he's Julian Clary so he brings it when he needs to.

Last series was great with the pairing of Frankie Boyle and Ivo Graham.

I think the best ever series was the one with Mel Giedroyc. Although Sally Phillips and Mike Wozniak may be my favourite ever contestants.

I’ve been an avid fan since the first episode of series one, even watching most of the foreign ones too.

Channel 4 recently added Taskmaster New Zealand to streaming. NZ Series Two is much better than the average UK series IMO (although admittedly the Taskmaster himself is the weakest link).

I've only seen clips of the NZ one, but it looks solid. Much nicer house and grounds.

Was Sam Campbell on the Kiwi one?

The NZ Taskmasters assistant seems to embody the role, without being a direct copy.

Last edited:
Most the older series are on YouTube in full and well worth investigating. Although some more than others.

Sam’s Australian - but he hasn’t been on Taskmaster Aus. I suspect it would be frowned upon having someone do two series.

NZ assistant is great - he’s really made that role his own.

Sam’s Australian - but he hasn’t been on Taskmaster Aus. I suspect it would be frowned upon having someone do two series.

NZ assistant is great - he’s really made that role his own.
Oh, I think I just presumed. We're a few Australians in now.

The podcast seems to suggest he's intent on doing both.

Love it, came to it a bit late, think I only started watching it when it came to C4 but in between series weve been going back through the old ones, and I’ve watched all but the first 4 now.

I pretty much stopped watching went it went to Channel 4 as it got a little repetitive. It was brilliant on Dave. I can never keep up with what’s a repeat or not.

This series has massive promise already, love Sam's weirdness and Julian's attitude. Enjoying NZ Season 2 at the moment as well. The YouTube account has edited old episodes so there's no breaks or even links to breaks, if that helps anyone.

This series has massive promise already, love Sam's weirdness and Julian's attitude. Enjoying NZ Season 2 at the moment as well. The YouTube account has edited old episodes so there's no breaks or even links to breaks, if that helps anyone.
The YouTube account is a brilliant idea. Pop on full episodes and reap the rewards. I assume Alex Horne makes most of the decisions and makes the bulk of the profit.

Given how many comedians I absolutely love have done this, I'm amazed I've never really got into it. Closest I came was (inevitably) the series with James Acaster in which, to be fair, most of the highlights came from Rhod Gilbert endlessly noising up Greg Davies. I think it says more about my relationship with television because I have found myself watching clips on the YouTube channel.

Mr Sheena is obsessed and forced me to watch the first episode of this series. I quite enjoyed it.

Of the ones I've seen (and I've missed quite a few), Bridget Christie has been my favourite.

Way too many favourite contestants to list, but my favourite ever moment remains James Acaster doing Grand Theft Auto.

Been watching since day 1. Seems to be another quality line up this time.

The series really does hinge on the lineup. Mostly they get it right, but there's been a couple of series where it just didn't work quite as well. The pandemic years suffered without an audience for the comedians to bounce off too.

Been watching since day 1. Seems to be another quality line up this time.

The series really does hinge on the lineup. Mostly they get it right, but there's been a couple of series where it just didn't work quite as well. The pandemic years suffered without an audience for the comedians to bounce off too.
Yeah that was a shame, they had some good line ups. Daisy Mae Cooper hating Richard Herring was iconic.

I'm seeing Lucy Beaumont in a couple of weeks. The venue was only about half sold before Taskmaster, but it's sold out now.

We also saw her a good few years back when she played a venue with a capacity of only a couple of hundred, and Jon Richardson supported her as her original support was unwell.

Julian Clary is touring next year as well. I don't think I've seen him for over 20 years, but may be tempted again, as well as seeing him in panto at the Palladium. It will be great if he can get a career boost from Taskmaster.

Sam really had it in for the robot task :D I mean, he wasn’t wrong.

I’d recommend Taskmaster New Zealand which is also on All 4 as well. Slightly different vibe and the Taskmaster himself is oddly anonymous, but the lineup of season 2 makes it worthwhile (haven’t seen season 1 yet as I was told to skip to season 2)

New Year's Treat contestants this year are Deborah Meaden, Kojey Radicals, Lenny Rush, Steve Backshall & Zoë Ball.

That doughnut task was really something :D I was sure Susan was building to something but no!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom