A Taskmaster topic

I've seen a spoiler for the cast of the next series. I knew two and recognised another. It wasn't the most inspiring casting, but I'm forever hopeful. I think we were quite spoilt the last two series'.

I've seen it too - heard of them all, but not familiar with the ladies' work. So fingers crossed for a a nice surprise. I'd never heard of Sam before this last series.

I've seen it too - heard of them all, but not familiar with the ladies' work. So fingers crossed for a a nice surprise. I'd never heard of Sam before this last series.
One of the 'ladies' I've seen her show and really enjoyed it.

Actually there's only one I'd never heard of, the other 'lady'.

One is obviously very familiar. Another I only know from parody song he did. I was unaware he'd done more.

The other guy I've never seen his work, but recognise his name.

OK I've just watched a clip of the guy I'd heard of. He's giving me gross out incel.

One is obviously very familiar. Another I only know from parody song he did. I was unaware he'd done more.

The other guy I've never seen his work, but recognise his name.
I take it you didn't watch a certain sports-based comedy-drama series, then...

Can one of you pop the names in a spoiler tag please so I don't need to go searching for the leak?

Fuck it we'll all know soon enough

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton

So the woman I'd never heard of presents a famous podcast. Never listened to it, but I presume it's of a fairly high quality to be so popular.

Fuck it we'll all know soon enough

Joanne McNally
Nick Mohammed
Sophie Willan
John Robins
Steve Pemberton
Oh my god, Number 4 has been wanting on this show since it started! He's very funny, I have seen him live a few times as well as listen to his podcasts, but I always thought he wouldn't suit the show because of his personality. I am very curious.

Oh my god, Number 4 has been wanting on this show since it started! He's very funny, I have seen him live a few times as well as listen to his podcasts, but I always thought he wouldn't suit the show because of his personality. I am very curious.
He was the one giving me gross out incel vibes from a two minute clip. I'll see if I can find a reputable podcast.

He used to date a well known feminist comedian so I'd be surprised if he was an incel sort. Unless her dumping him had that effect. :basil:

His character is definitely based on being helpless and pathetic, but he is definitely not an incel.

OK I've just listened to a podcast with him. He seems very warm and self depreciating.

He was part of the Jon Richardson and Russell Howard flat share here back in the 00s.

I was a little surprised to see he's sold out a nearly 2k capacity venue here tonight on his tour. I don't know if that's because he's local, or if he's just a lot more popular than I realised.

Or Wozniak, although he's hosting the kids one, which I may have to grit my teeth through.

To be fair there's about 25+ I'd love to see again.

I'm very out of the Taskmaster loop. I've loved it for YEARS and never missed an episode, but then just.... stopped watching a few series ago, about halfway through the Dara O'B run. Assumed it was just a temporary blip and I'd catch up soon, but I still haven't and have no urge to?

Stay tuned to find out if I rediscover my love for it, gang

I'm very out of the Taskmaster loop. I've loved it for YEARS and never missed an episode, but then just.... stopped watching a few series ago, about halfway through the Dara O'B run. Assumed it was just a temporary blip and I'd catch up soon, but I still haven't and have no urge to?

Stay tuned to find out if I rediscover my love for it, gang
I only started watching "live" this year and there's plenty to love.

Anyway, Nick Mohammed is going to be amazing.

Last edited:
I don't want to get Moopy in trouble :shock:

Good old Wikipedia edit history :)

The Guardian crossword setter Sphinx released his second ever crossword during the filming of series 17 live episodes.

This was Sphinx’s first crossword:

The answer includes the secret message “Greg, please give Steve [Pemberton] five points”

IMG_1406.jpeg

He used to date a well known feminist comedian so I'd be surprised if he was an incel sort. Unless her dumping him had that effect. :basil:

No, absolutely not an incel type although he was apparently a bit of a dick in the months after he and **** ****** broke up and there was a general stink around that whole 00/10s generation comedy scene (Acaster, Gamble, Ryan, Kumar etc). All is fine now, it appears.

I'd seen Lenny before, but never Kojey before. Get him on a full series!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom