A thread for interesting MAPS

3kabz4vp6o161.png

The UK is such a tall country in comparison and London is in the south. It's certainly earlier than that here.

But on the plus side, we get lovely long daylight hours in the summer.

Some of those times sound painful. 2:48 in Sweden!!!

It’s not as extreme as it looks. Stockholm lies further south than both Helsinki and Oslo, so technically the sun sets later but the time zone makes it seem earlier.

But yeah it’s already dark by 4 pm now that we’ve switched to winter time.

Last edited:
Some of those times look a bit sus. Minsk in particular. I'm assuming they don't put clocks back or something compared with their neighbours. They should equalise the time for the purposes of this map otherwise it's all a bit confusing.

It’s not as extreme as it looks. Stockholm lies further south than both Helsinki and Oslo, so technically the sun sets later but the time zone makes it seem earlier.
It took me reading this 4 times to understand it :D But I can see that, since it probably effects things like work and meal times

15.53??? Ppffftt!

Try coming up to the north west coast in mid December and see if it’s still light at half past 3!

They should separate Edinburgh and London too - QUITE a difference.

One of the biggest for the UK, John Lennon, is in the wrong place

And Paul McCartney not even listed :D
I think it is due to the birthplace being recorded as the old maternity hospital on Oxford Street? (same place as me!)

How easy is it to drive to Dubrovnik from the main part of Croatia?

How easy is it to drive to Dubrovnik from the main part of Croatia?
As you have discovered there’s a bridge, although, based on my recent holiday, most people travelling from Split to Dubrovnik will do at least part of the distance on a ferry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom