AB FAB rewatch Thursday 19th Nov 20:00: Series Three - Door Handle/Happy New Year/Sex

It's really quite annoying that if you speak French, you can work out the joke/ point of the entire episode from the point the old man arrives at the door :D
I think that makes it funnier! The way Patsy hands him the money then gags after he's actually quite friendly!

Now the wine tasting scene is perhaps my all time favourite scene. From start to finish, it's beautifully directed, acted and funny as fuck. Right up to the bit where they arrive at the car :D

Reactions: COB
The guy in the background is the Producer, isn't it? He also plays the reporter who asks Patsy if she'll give him an interview as they arrive in the ambulance in "Hospital"

I kind of wish they'd separated out the Patsy collapsing/ steering wheel joke by a couple more seconds.

And it's always annoyed me that Bubble now speaks French when, earlier on in the episode, she was worried that she wouldn't understand Edina :D

I also used "If he finds anything, you're on your own" in Portugal last year when a friend, who we had made chat up taxi drivers and ask for drugs ALL WEEKEND and who we referred to as "The Drugs Mule" got searched as we went through customs :D

I'd be well up for the next three same time next week... Iso Tank, Magazine and Birthday, what a trio of BANGERS :disco:

Who else had the VIDEO with just the first three episodes on?

I had them taped from the TV mostly I think, though I did have The Last Shout on video which came with a special glittery cardboard sleeve :disco:

Who else had the VIDEO with just the first three episodes on?

Nope! I taped all mine off the telly and had all of them. The only one I missed taping at the time was "Jealous" and I never saw it until I got the DVD, YEARS AND YEARS later. I remember how excited I was when watching in chronological order to get round to it and then being MILDLY disappointed that it was one of the weaker ones of the time, albeit EVEN MORE YEARS LATER, it's grown a lot, especially with the later series to compare against.

Sorry I missed this. I think FRANCE may be my all time favourite episode along with SMALL OPENING.

be careful if you're watching on Netflix as they have the order of Birthday/Magazine the wrong way around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom