Adele - 30

and 102k second week UK for the biggest second week in years. the numbers are fantastic.

I'm really in love with this album. it's just hitting right in these fairly bleak winter days and evenings.

THE NEW TESTAMENT
Love is a Game
Oh My God
Easy On Me
Can I Get It
My Little Love

PREACH!
All Night Parking
Cry Your Heart Out
I Drink Wine

TAP YOUR FEET, JESUS!
Hold On
Strangers By Nature

THE OLD TESTAMENT
To Be Loved
Woman Like Me

I am finding this albam really hard to get into. I am appreciating it for its depth but...its hard going, I like she's not gone for the same old hit chasing songs throughout, but I think I prefer her instant Hello's / SLY's...

I couldn't give less of a shit about her instant Hellos and SLYs :disco: she's done those!

OMG and Hold On have emerged as the victors on funky’s perm playlist.

I’ve never LOVED an Adele album so I think my expectations were managed.

And I’ve come round properly to Easy On Me - I don’t care to listen to it anymore, but I don’t think there’s any doubt now that it is a bit of a pop anthem and holds up to her singles run. I can see why it was the single now.

I've had a single full play since release and dipped back to a couple of the tracks. I enjoyed it but I've no urge to go back. I've felt the same about all of her albums really.

I wouldn't bother with 25. take the singles (and Sweetest Devotion) and run!

this one is in another league entirely

Water Under The Bridge was/is the best thing out of 25. oh, and River Lea, what a chorus.

With the exception of To Be Loved, I like all the songs on 30. The album is very re-listenable and y'all ain't shit

All Night Parking is hitting like never before. Criminally short for her, but still a 10/10.

And not to potentially ruin the song for anyone, but doesn't All Night Parking have a particular...Dido quality to it? :D

this sold 68k this week (only 5k down on last week) for 505k to date. should clear double platinum by NYE!

It should have another six figure week, or come near it, next week and then normalize a bit after that. A 205k week five weeks out from album release is something I don't think we will see again. It's obviously massively down from 25, given the general decline of album sales, but it will certainly mirror its longevity.

yeah. its had five weeks at 68k+ (70k this week) in the UK, stable for the last 3 weeks. I don't think we will see this again here either.

what's the US total now, popsicle? about 1.65m?

Bitch I’m not continuous, I made like one joke.
ramona-rhony.gif

Hits Daily Double projects 105k units in the US in its sixth week (76k pure sales). They under projected it by quite a bit last week, so I wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happens again this week.

I know it's kinda difficult to get excited about a new Adele video, but here it is (about damn time too)

I was wondering if we would get another studio video for the second single actually. They waited for the third with 25 didn't they. The live sessions thingy acted as When We Were Youngs video

I was wondering if we would get another studio video for the second single actually. They waited for the third with 25 didn't they. The live sessions thingy acted as When We Were Youngs video
there is apparently a video shot and ready to go for I Drink Wine, but Spotify numbers would suggest they'd do better to push Can I Get It next. I hope so.

"Can I Get It" would be a nice summer single. It depends how long this hangs around if they will release something in between.

I don't think they would go for Come And Get It as a follow up to Oh My God. Record Companies have an allergy to releasing two back to back BOPS, I bet they will go with Strangers by Nature or something equally boring.

I'd love "Love is a Game" as a single at some point. But yeah "Come and Get It" needs to be released.
If she’s still promoting this album next Christmas, Love is a Game could be a good choice

Last edited:
I'd almost forgotten what an amazing song that is. One of her best.

Love the video. Serious Annie Lennox vibes from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom