Adele - 30

there wouldn't anything more unappealing than an Adele concert for me so no big loss

It does seem odd, that if the show is just not ready, they would just cancel the first two weeks or so given that they are two shows per weekend and then tag those four shows at the end or when they can. They've postponed the whole thing haven't they? How unready is it? How long does she need? Seems there's more to it?

I'd love to see her in concert, I have watched all the other stuff online and am so just engaged and entertained throughout seeing as she does not do much and just stands there. I do think she has the slight-bops to get us Emma Thompsoned at at least three different stages in the concert too

Last edited:
It must be her ability to perform that's the problem - anything else could be solved by chucking money at it, not shelving the entire thing.

I wonder if Hyde Park will go ahead? It will come round quickly enough.

Adele turning into the new Janet right before our eyes. Next thing you know, she'll be canceling tours because of traffic jams

Last edited:
At the very least Janft’s last major cancellation was because she was pregnant at 50 and the strenuous dancing would have put her at a major risk. She probably could have physically done an Adele show.

this insider is claiming 'dele and the fans were played by the venue/organisers

she opened her store and gave free merch to fans who'd travelled

Maybe she’s put on a bit of a SPREAD
F755CEEB-6BFC-4CB0-9928-FBFA9D12970A.jpeg

I can't believe people are buying any of this. Adele can turn on the waterworks on cue, she does it every live performance, especially when the cameras are on.

I don't believe for one second that there are issues with the crew or stage etc. I guess it's all those dancers, pyrotechnics and elaborate light shows that Adele's shows are known for 🙄

She hates touring, she's admitted this in the past and has plenty of form for cancellations. She has probably got "anxiety" or maybe just couldn't be bothered doing them. No doubt she will write an album about it and sell it to the same people who got fleeced yet again by a last minute cancellation. She won't get one but deserves a backlash for this.

I can't believe people are buying any of this. Adele can turn on the waterworks on cue, she does it every live performance, especially when the cameras are on.

I don't believe for one second that there are issues with the crew or stage etc. I guess it's all those dancers, pyrotechnics and elaborate light shows that Adele's shows are known for 🙄

She hates touring, she's admitted this in the past and has plenty of form for cancellations. She has probably got "anxiety" or maybe just couldn't be bothered doing them. No doubt she will write an album about it and sell it to the same people who got fleeced yet again by a last minute cancellation. She won't get one but deserves a backlash for this.
This is what I gathered. For someone insanely rich who doesn’t really need to do any of this, a bit like Barbra Streisand, why bother?

I don’t know quite why but “There are fun and nostalgic things to look at” is cracking me up :D

Spent £3000 to travel to a gig that never happened, but got a free 19 tote bag so YAY!

well as usual you come to the table armed with the most basic, braindead and empathy-free take.

if she's freaked out because she hates touring she wouldn't have agreed in the first place. she doesn't need the money, she's not contractually obliged to tour. the show wouldn't be in the process of being assembled in Vegas. you're projecting whatever issue you have with her onto the situation and it's a little bit R-worded.

To try and pull this in Las Vegas as well is ludicrous. The stage would have been up days if not over a week before the first gig. Any crew could be replaced easily. Say we give her the benefit of the doubt and that x and y were delayed, she could perform the songs on a simple stage with a band, nothing more and fans would be happy. When the rest of kit/whatever arrived, it would be ready for the next weekend or the one after and then she could complete the run as it was supposed to be.

To cancel ALL of the 12 weeks of shows means the reason for the cancellation is without question, Adele herself, for whatever reason. I highly doubt a good one, hence why she has invented this one. We'll probably never know the real truth.

well as usual you come to the table armed with the most basic, braindead and empathy-free take.
What am I supposed to feel empathy about?

For the last 3 months Adele has been everywhere. Interviews on TV, online, Oprah, an audience with, food tasting, attending sporting events, magazine shoots, 73 questions. You name it, she's done it. Anything and everything to put her face out there to sell as many records and make as much money as she can. Nothing wrong with that, it's her job. But the first time she has to do a bit of actual work and give the fans something back, something they paid an absolute fortune for, she cancels all shows the night before, again.

The excuse? The show wasn't ready. People paid a premium, travelled far and wide and that's it, "sorry, its not ready, safe journey home". It must be a coincidence that its the one part of her job she doesnt like doing. The talking whilst blubbering away got old in about 2012. It would be more of a surprise if she did something without crying. I imagine at the end of that video someone yelled "cut" and she said "will that do?".

What am I supposed to feel empathy about?

For the last 3 months Adele has been everywhere. Interviews on TV, online, Oprah, an audience with, food tasting, attending sporting events, magazine shoots, 73 questions. You name it, she's done it. Anything and everything to put her face out there to sell as many records and make as much money as she can. Nothing wrong with that, it's her job. But the first time she has to do a bit of actual work and give the fans something back, something they paid an absolute fortune for, she cancels all shows the night before, again..
so she's done all of those things for 3 months, "everything you can do she's done it", but... Vegas is the first time she has to do some actual work? so all that other stuff... wasn't work? she was just having a laugh?

sure jan. you're bending over backwards to feed into your own theory that she just can't be arsed. which is clearly preposterous. she relocated her life to Vegas. legally she'd be in a huge fucking mess if the show was being cancelled because she'd pulled out on a whim. you think her Vegas contract is like "btw hun you can walk away at any moment"?

just... engage brain before talking crap.

so she's done all of those things for 3 months, "everything you can do she's done it", but... Vegas is the first time she has to do some actual work? so all that other stuff... wasn't work? she was just having a laugh?

sure jan. you're bending over backwards to feed into your own theory that she just can't be arsed. which is clearly preposterous. she relocated her life to Vegas. legally she'd be in a huge fucking mess if the show was being cancelled because she'd pulled out on a whim. you think her Vegas contract is like "btw hun you can walk away at any moment"?

just... engage brain before talking crap.
Most of the stuff she did involved talking about herself from her own LA mansion. Hardly work.

Relocated to Vegas? Oh no how will she cope being a 1 hour flight from her home? People travel from all around the world to go to Vegas, most did for these cancelled gigs. I wish someone offered me me millions to live there for 3 months with every weekday off. Musicians have cancelled gigs for all sorts of reasons over the years, contract or not. It isnt difficult. If you say your vocal chords are in pain then who can disprove it?

I'm not going to lower myself to name calling like you, nor respond to the irony of your last sentence.

I’m by no means particularly inclined to be defensive of Adele, but to be fair I would imagine that cancelling an engagement of that magnitude at the eleventh hour would be enormously expensive, not to mention potentially reputationally damaging and liable to open her up to all kinds of lawsuits. I really don’t think it’s something she could do lightly.

It’s possible that she could have been so crippled by anxiety that she managed to get a medical sign-off to mitigate some of that, but the most likely explanation is that she’s telling the truth.

As far as I know, none of us work in organising Vegas residencies for A-listers, so it’s a little comical to read people confidently saying “She could have just gone out with an acoustic guitar!”

There will be contracts with her musicians, contracts with the booking company, contracts with the venue and likely much more on top of that. I really don’t think it’s feasible that she just woke up last week and decided she couldn’t be bothered.

I am a bit conflicted on this. I would typically give her the benefit of the doubt, knowing the artist has little to no control (or knowledge) over production issues, delays, etc. but it sounds from her video she was aware and tried to make it work anyway when it realistically was not gonna happen.

I'm reading a lot of stuff about production conflicts. As in Caesars wanted a large spectacular show and Adele wanted it lowkey. Also the running order kept being messed with apparently. Perhaps they couldn't agree to the point where it couldn't go ahead. Still completely unacceptable and something like that should have been resolved before the shows were even planned.

I also read two other interesting things. Caesars staff have been told they will be fired if they speak to the media. Also, after the cancelled Wembley shows in 2017, Adele promised to reschedule them... but never did.

sources at the STOP FUCKING HATE? well that's it then. let me kiss nowoco's feet in apology!

Whether she blew it up because she's an arrogant, self-obsessed egomaniac or simply because she just didnt want to do the shows is a mystery, neither would surprise me.

The only thing we know for sure is that its evidently clear that the only thing thing keeping her in check all these years was her fat ass. Now though Miss Hollywood thinks butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.

Whether she blew it up because she's an arrogant, self-obsessed egomaniac or simply because she just didnt want to do the shows is a mystery, neither would surprise me.

The only thing we know for sure is that its evidently clear that the only thing thing keeping her in check all these years was her fat ass.
you sound like a terribly angry individual. I suggest a therapist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom