Alanis Morissette - Under Rug Swept/Feast On Scraps sync listen (Sunday 7 March, 6PM)

I've always loved both versions of this song because unlike You Oughta Know (acoustic) which is still a very angry song, this changes the tone of the regular version completely.

Thank you all for listening! I have a suspicion that between this, Lorde, and EVERYTHING ELSE, I might be number one on the poster chart this week :shy:

I've already put it on the Moopy schedule for next Sunday love :emoji_nail_care:

OH GOOD.

c0d638ed7e5d4f99832b29a5432bc324.jpg

6pm was a tad early for me but I’ll play URS while I’m in the bath in just a few minutes. I should make So Called Chaos as long as I remember.

The thread was a success though as I ordered the Feast on Scraps dvd/cd from Amazon as a result.

I only wanted for you what you wanted for yourself
And yet I wanted to save us, high water or hell
And I kept on ignoring the ambivalence you felt
And in the meantime I lost myself
in the meantime I lost myself
I'm sorry I lost myself
I am
I used to listen to this to the bus on school EVERY DAY. It is so good and so sad and I think my number two after Hands Clean.

At that particular time love encouraged me to wait,
At that particular moment it helped to be patient,
At that particular month we needed time to marinade in what us meant,
At that particular time.

And of course the bridge above. :( The 'I am' is killer.

Also, 'You knew you needed more time / time spent alone with no distraction', with the pause before distraction, might be the most heartbreaking part of the song.

I used to listen to this to the bus on school EVERY DAY. It is so good and so sad and I think my number two after Hands Clean.

At that particular time love encouraged me to wait,
At that particular moment it helped to be patient,
At that particular month we needed time to marinade in what us meant,
At that particular time.

And of course the bridge above. :( The 'I am' is killer.

Also, 'You knew you needed more time / time spent alone with no distraction', with the pause before distraction, might be the most heartbreaking part of the song.

Aaw! Good to know I wasn't the only one. I have particular memories of listening to it on repeat on dark wintry days at school!

The Feast On Scraps dvd/cd arrived yesterday. The cd sounds very promising on first listen. I have the dvd on now as I potter around the house doing wet Saturday tasks and must say it is getting HIGHLY on my nerves.

The Feast On Scraps dvd/cd arrived yesterday. The cd sounds very promising on first listen. I have the dvd on now as I potter around the house doing wet Saturday tasks and must say it is getting HIGHLY on my nerves.

Glad you like Feast on Scraps. Is it the stop-startiness of the DVD that's getting on your nerves?

Yes, the performances are very good but the stop/start format and the way it switches during many songs multiple times from the stage to distorted sound as if from outside the venue or as it sounds from backstage is making me say “just play the fucking show” out loud.

I also irritated myself midshow by checking the menu to see if there was an option to watch the show only and knocked the whole thing off so spoilt the flow.

Yes, the performances are very good but the stop/start format and the way it switches during many songs multiple times from the stage to distorted sound as if from outside the venue or as it sounds from backstage is making me say “just play the fucking show” out loud.

I also irritated myself midshow by checking the menu to see if there was an option to watch the show only and knocked the whole thing off so spoilt the flow.

Jagged Little Pill Live is in the same format so I think that was just "her thing" with live DVDs. Completely agree that I'd have preferred the whole show in high quality!

Under Rug Swept always takes me back to being in sixth form when my best friend and sista passed his driving test and we used to drive around listening to it.

I know of Feast On Scraps but I don’t own it. Some of the tracks are on The Collection though, which I do have.

I'm excited for 2031 when it's time for us to do a re-listen sync of Under Rug Swept.

"Do you have a big intellectual capacity, but know that it alone does not equate to WISDOM." God what a fucking LINE! :disco:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom