Anti-Tour announced

She also came across really well. She seemed even more adorable than usual.

I didn't buy her not remembering the lyrics to "GMJALMT" though. It would have been nice for the 'Fever' bsides to be acknowledged too given that they are by far her strongest.

Seriously hope this show has been filmed or documented in some form for posterity. Like she said, it was a completely unique experience - just really really special from a fan's perspective and from hers.

She seemed genuinely touched when the entire audience sang along and remembered every lyric of "It's No Secret".

Middle-right.

Ah yes, "Tightrope" was the 'Fever bside". Could have done with a "Baby", "Boy" or "Good Like That" too though.

Oh and wasn't "Say Hey" amazing too? "Love Takes Over Me" would have been a nice addition.

I honestly have no words right now. I could CRY- and I actually did at one point. I've NEVER enjoyed a concert as much. Truly phenomenal...

Edward- were you stood next to me? An Asian man smiled at me for no reason and I kind of grimaced in a "Do I know you?" way before realising it could have been a Moopist by which time it was too late. And he was in work clothes, so that FITS...

Um, I don't think so! :D

I'm not even sure I remember what you look like Sheena.

Although I did totally acknowledge someone who went crazy for "I'm Over Dreaming (Over you)" so that could well have been you!

Last edited:
That wasn't me...

ANYWAY, I have slept on it and I still think it was the most fun I've EVER had a concert. The crowd was, on the whole, AMAZING- it was "mostly" loons (I say mostly, there were odd patches of "Why isn't she singing CGYOOMH?" style gays) and probably 95% gay men. I've been to some properly gay Kylie shows but this was off the scale. The atmosphere was utterly electric.

She came across REALLY well- she was SO relaxed and having fun, her voice was strong throughout, she was funny, showed sparks of personality (LOVED the "waitress" impression). The highlights for me were "Disco Down" (at which I cried a little tear of disco joy...I'm SUCH A SAD OLD POOF :D ), "Got To Be Certain" (at which my straight male friend was LITERALLY agog at the way 2000 gays were kicking off) and "Tightrope", just because it was "Tightrope". The only gripe would be the encore, in which "Do It Again" REALLY wasn't that necessary, "Tears On My Pillow" and "One Boy Girl" were fun enough but hardly brought the house down and "Enjoy Yourself" was, personally, ok enough but nothing special. I would have rejiggled things a bit to end with some of the aforementioned highlights methinks. It's a minor moan, though, of a total 11/10 concert.

One question remains- why does she HATE "Never Too Late" ? She gets requests for it on EVERY tour and this would be the perfect way to get rid of those for a while but, despite a few loons screaming it at her at every opportunity, she entirely ignored it- throwing in an acapella "Turn It Into Love" chorus but not doing what they really wanted. Strange, considering how she embraces her back catalogue so readily...

I'm surprised that you didn't dig "One Boy Girl". I totally wasn't expecting it and the fact that they did it properly made me happy. I think "Enjoy Yourself" was amazing too.

I listened to "Do It Again" this morning and I actually think I prefer it on record. It didn't really sound all that live. "Tears On My Pillow" was a spot wasted for a much more deserving song (a "Body Language" bside perhaps).

Loved the reaction that "Too Much" received. It literally blew the roof off the Apollo.

:D FABULOUS! She's not called VALERIE, is she? I saw a VERY DRUNK middle aged woman with that name at the end...
No she's not. She said that Kylie sounded great live and it was a great night. She went with her bf who's a big Kylie fan :confused:

"Disco Down" (at which I cried a little tear of disco joy...I'm SUCH A SAD OLD POOF :D )

:evil:

I recall you calling me a WANKER for revealing that I let a little tear of joy slip out the very first time I heard Disco Down. Wasn't it SUCH a moment when she did it last night? I still can't believe that KOO KA CHOO was included on the OANLT tour but Disco Down was omitted. She performed it amazingly and it tore the roof off last night. Truly sensational.

Other highlights for me were Made In Heaven, Paper Dolls (which I think is one of the most lovely songs ever, and her performance was gorgeous), Drunk and Say Hey which sounded and looked phenomenal, Bittersweet Goodbye (sob!), Things Can Only Get Better (this has aged SO WELL), Over Dreaming Over You, One Boy Girl rap, It's Not Secret, Give Me Just A Little More Time, Too Much... Oh I really could go ON & ON...

My criticism would be that the post-Fever b sides and rarities weren't as exciting and certainly didn't get anywhere near the same reaction as the older stuff. I quite Magnetic Electric, BPM, Cherry Bomb etc, but they sounded quite generic and faceless last night. They'd probably have sounded better if they weren't standing alongside so many PWL classics.

She seemed to enjoy it so much, and it wouldn't surprise me if she did another one in a few years. I can see her making her proper tours a bit more freestyle too. The last two tours have morphed and changed a little bit as they've progressed and I think we'll potentially see that on a larger scale next time.

There were so many fabulous lines / moments. The aforementioned waitress moment and "Remember I Believe In You? Well this was the b side!" were both good ones! It was just remarkable to see a major popstar like Kylie reveling in such a geeky loon celebration of her lesser known material. It was a very special show and I'll never forget it.

I forgot "Drunk" and, particularly, "Say Hey", which, yes, were performed UTTERLY AMAZING! "Made In Heaven" was fun too but made even better by a bloke next to us I'd seen on Twitter going MENTAL about him being her "biggest fan" a while back clearly not having a CLUE what it was :D

I don't remember that "Disco Down" comment but I don't think it would have had that affect on me in a "normal" concert, just that I looked around last night, saw the GENUINE JOY on the faces of a crowd literally LOSING THEIR SHIT, looked up at the disco ball and back down at her and realised, as ridiculously over the top as this may sound, that I wouldn't want to be ANYWHERE else in the world at that moment.

As for the newer stuff, I thought "Magnetic Electric" was a FINE opener, and "BPM" and "Cherry Bomb" were AMAZING, both wasted at the start of the gig if you ask me. There's no denying stuff like "I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)", though, that was PHENOMENAL! Like you, I could just go ON AND ON with my highlights.

You know, I never quite understood the hoo-ha regarding "I'm Over Dreaming (Over You)" but it was amazing live. Actually amazing. Particularly after her introduction with the Pete Waterman and PWL shout out and her "1-2 punch" line! Following it with "Always Find The Time" was inspired.

Slight misrepresentation with the 'rarities' subtitle though. Wasn't "You're The One" the only genuine 'rarity' on the setlist?

"Made In Heaven" was sublime:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tnxPamExt4U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I also loved her recreating that little "Always Find The Time" dance from the Let's Get To It tour.

That is completely ridiculous. On a number of levels.

A pop show without any hits? I’m not sure Kylie Minogue has really thought this through

OMG I am LIVID. LIVID that people get paid lots of money to write this shit.

Yes she has thought this through, she has been thinking it fucking through for about a DECADE. No Hits? It's an Anti-tour you prick.

Jesus christ on a bike.

OMG I am LIVID. LIVID that people get paid lots of money to write this shit.

Yes she has thought this through, she has been thinking it fucking through for about a DECADE. No Hits? It's an Anti-tour you prick.

Jesus christ on a bike.

Someone needs to tell him she did not put the show on SOLELY FOR HIM

It rather raises the question: in the whole, wide, fascinating and multifarious world of music, what kind of listener is intimately acquainted with every strand of Kylie Minogue’s back catalogue? They really ought to get out more.

That is such an outrageous statement - like it or NOT, when an artist has been around for 25 years, there will of course be people who will be familiar with everything (or almost everything) that act has released. You know, I didn't go to this because much as there is the odd album track/b-side I like, I totally understood that this kind of thing was not FOR me - I really had no right to be there.

I hate the misconception (and it doesn't JUST happen to Kylie, Madonna, etc.) that we should all be casual-interest only consumers of music. That we should listen to the singles, maybe the albums is fine, but as soon as you think "Hey, I like pretty much everything I've heard here, I wonder what ELSE this artist has recorded" you become some sort of sad case.

I don't think he is arguing that we should all be casual-interest consumers, I just think he is looking down his nose at Kylie and saying she doesn't merit that kind of interest.

I DID. I was right at the back at the top, but I really didn't care. There was so much room to dance around with a drink in my hand, a spare one on the floor and being able to throw my bag and jacket on the floor without keeping watch of it. First time I've ever heard of Hammersmith selling standing tickets in the circle to just roam around in the area. Plus no line in the ladies room was amazing!

I honestly screeched when she did One Boy Girl :disco:

I don't think he is arguing that we should all be casual-interest consumers, I just think he is looking down his nose at Kylie and saying she doesn't merit that kind of interest.

Precisely. I'd hasten a guess that the extent of his praise for her in the past has been the odd back-handed compliment and nothing more.

Which is probably precisely why he shouldn't be reviewing a show which is squarely aimed at the people who are 'the kind of listener is intimately acquainted with every strand of Kylie Minogue’s back catalogue', particularly when he is so sneering of her. He's quite clearly not able to be objective on the matter.

I'm really not sure why there was a push for this show to be reviewed. It clearly caters for a harcore minority and not the public at large. Save for the Independent write-up, many of the reviews have been mixed.

And from Kylie HQ's perspective it's not like they are hoping to clear up on last minute ticket sales for a tour with many dates left over a period of weeks, is it?

I mean I can see to the casual fan that they may have an INTEREST in the latest Kylie tour and reading about it. But the whole point is that this tour wasn't for them; and if they had read anything about it (and let's face it, if you were going to have got tickets originally you'd have had to have read about it to know it was happening), you'd KNOW exactly what the gig was about.

Usually I take LOON reviews with a pinch of salt, for acts I like or not. But for a tour like this, it's the only opinion that matters to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom