ASFM Worldvision: CLOSED. Exposed entries gala TONIGHT 7pm

I have 22 on my long list and one day to narrow it down. This is going to be hard. Also I'm not sure how to use my traveler's checks.

My long list was 25, just had a RUTHLESS chopping session and my votes have been RETURNED.

There were a couple I was sad to chop because the performers were amazing but the songs just weren't. I'd like to award some separate :moopachu:points to them

(and no I don't mean the titty Serbian or the Romanian chip fat queens)

I made a 2 hour video where I brainstormed ideas for a new sidekick for the professor from the Weeto’s cereal box, and was told it wasn’t eligible as a set of votes due to another one of these mysterious, unwritten rules.

I made a 2 hour video where I brainstormed ideas for a new sidekick for the professor from the Weeto’s cereal box, and was told it wasn’t eligible as a set of votes due to another one of these mysterious, unwritten rules.
On the plus side you forgot to Copyright it so it looks like Panini are getting a fancy new mascot.

On the plus side you forgot to Copyright it so it looks like Panini are getting a fancy new mascot.

It’s not the one where the professor makes a clone of himself, but the clone is made entirely of chocolate? Because I’m worried it’s not going to read the way I intended it.

I don’t see you having to listen to 44 songs for the very first time like poor Rita.

My travellers cheques have absolutely nothing to do with the songs but I voted!

I've been going through this today. Some thoughts without giving too much away...

I can't decide if I love or hate Japan

Greece, Belgium and Italy were.... surprising

I can't decide if 'easier' countries like the US and Canada will do well or flop completely. They were... a choice

I love the variety of music on display. I hope people are appreciating this when they vote. This is a real opportunity for the results to open up rather than the usual falling back on the safe options, but WE'LL SEE

*votes for safe options*

I think the really easy countries like the us and uk and Sweden are really hard to choose for

Of the three "not on spotify" ones, I LOVE one, one is okay, and on is absolutely abysmal :D

So after being half way through and struggling to FILL MY SLOTS :ken: I've ended up with too many songs. I'll have to go back and listen again!

I was wondering what all the fuss was about when I almost lost the will to live around 5 songs in and was thinking YET MORE HYPERBOLE, but BY GOD does it pick up!! :disco:

I was expecting a deluge of world music and to a degree we got that but more surprising is some of the genres attached to certain countries

retro psychadelic pop from Iran and medieval choral music from Norway!

(as it goes I LOVE one of them and the other was okay but no points from me)

I think the really easy countries like the us and uk and Sweden are really hard to choose for
They were a bit of a poison chalice, to be honest. You've got an insane amount of choice, whereas smaller countries will have less variety of genres but it's a lot easier to find comprehensive playlists for them.

I think I need to give myself the day. One song in particular has gone from 3 points to 16 points on a second listen. I can't decide between the top 3 places. Hmm!

This bonus points thing is giving me a headache. You can essentially give points to more songs but imagine being picked in your points list but only getting 1 or 2 points and then rejects picking up twice that from the bonus round! THAT'S NOT SITTING WELL WITH ME. I need to rethink this.

Need to get on this asap.
200.gif

I have now not only watched all videos of semi 2 but also got up to date with most posting in all the threads.

Three songs are competing for my 20 points, and there are some very nice stuff for the top 5. The hard work will be allocating the rest of the safe songs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom