ASFXMAS - VOTING CLOSED!

I have a very broad idea of what I'm giving each song in the rate but I'm still NONE THE WISER about how the hell I'm going to allocate the main points.

I think I have an initial shortlist of about 20 which is probably the largest of any of these contests, usually I’m scrambling around for songs to take the bottom points.

I have a very clear top 5 though, but the order is in no way determined yet.

Having developed intimate relations with all the songs, I struggled with the main list.

The Bev Knight one is rather good isn’t it?

I love the Hurts one but I nearly feel like it’s a bit too known for me to perhaps put it as my number one, especially on Moopy.

Oh but my revelation is Majestica. That opening thirty seconds is relentless:disco:

Bev was a surprise - she should try to flog that on Loose Women every year until it clicks. The Fleetwood Mac witchy one was probably my best discovery. 2 more I'd forgotten about. I would say there are 3 I completely swoon over. So much drek though. So much drek.

Oh and absolutely lovely to hear the divine chills of Andrea Britton, just a shame Am I On Your Mind doesn't have a throwaway lyric about a mince pie to make it also qualify.

I'm very curious about this Jeniffer Saran woman, she looks like such an unlikely pop singer and I was disappointed there was no video :D

Right, votes entered onto the spreadsheet. Now I've seen some kind of shape I'm keen for this to start taking shape. I'm predicting a couple of potential hits based on the first votes.

Eddie gate is on hold. Back to ASFXMAS.

Has ANYONE been listening?

You have 11 days to vote!

I'm doing another listen now and pondering whether to do something PETTY AND MEAN with my vote for one particular song.

I'm doing another listen now and pondering whether to do something PETTY AND MEAN with my vote for one particular song.
I have a feeling I know which song people may deliberately knock down.

I did have an idea we could do another QUICK ONE, like @ZenGiraffe did.

Do it between Christmas and NYE, but make it best of the year.

Watching the recap poor Es Schneit really does sound like pure NOISE outside the context of the wider song.

Have you only just got to the end of it following your last post?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom