Avril Lavigne - Goodbye Lullaby + Avril Lavigne (SYNC LIVE NOW)

I really do wonder what she's like in real life. Not in interviews, but around friends. For all her talk of staying young, she seems fairly mature

HTNGU also weirdly reminds me of Cheers by Rihanna (in the chanting), which is quite a FULL CIRCLE MOMENT.

I do kind of miss being 17, but on the other hand I don't

"17" could have easily been a single as well. I didn't remember this album as so pop forward.

17 is a big old bop obviously, but the chorus is a touch overproduced for my liking. but yeah, could/should have been a single. it's very much like a mash-up between a Goodbye Lullaby and a Best Damn Thing track. sounds Dr Luke-esque even though it's not his grubby fingers on it.

09 Rock N Roll
10 Here's to Never Growing Up
09 17

09 What the Hell
08 Here's to Never Growing Up
09 17

"Bitchin Summer" reminds me of that song "2002" - not sure if that's a compliment or if I mean it as one

She did grow up. No real teenager calls anything Bitchin

Bitchin' Summer is quite a FAVE of mine! love her rogue dialect going random California. it's gonna BAY BAY a BETCHIN' SUMMERRRR. :eyes: don't even get me started on that "po-lice" line.

09 Rock N Roll
09 17
09 Bitchin' Summer

I always assumed "Let Me Go" was shit because it's with Chad Kroeger but it actually kind of slaps. I could do without his vocals though. It takes me back to when "Rockstar" and "Photograph" were all over the radio in 2007. :zombie:

Let Me Go was certainly an interesting choice for third single. it basically flopped, but did make the Hot 100 (#78). it's not a bad song at all, the piano is actually extremely gorge. could've done without Chad's crow vox though.

09 Rock N Roll
09 17
09 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go

I take back the post about "Smile"... "Give You What You Like" may be the best Avril song of all time.

The fact that she randomly released it with a video two years after the album for no reason pretty much says it all.

Give You What You Like is so chilly and haunting. so many great lyrical moments throughout.

I'll give you one last chance to hold me
if you give me one last cigarette
by now it's early in the morning
now that I gave you what you want
all I want is to forget...

:(

this album has a really brilliant opening stretch. not a weak moment among these first six tracks.

09 Rock N Roll
09 17
09 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go
10 Give You What You Like

10 Rock n Roll
09 Here's to Never Growing Up
09 17
08 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go
11 Give You What You Like

The way it immediately segues into Marilyn Manson's "Bad Girl" intro always terrifies me :D

probably for the best if we gloss over you-know-who being featured on this track. I just choose to pretend the guest vocalist is actually Marilyn Monroe.

what an absolute SLAPPER of a song?! she came for wigs with this one. the repeated riff is fucking brilliant. the energy is relentless. it reminds me of an even screamier take on Kelly's Whyuwannabringmedown :disco:

09 Rock N Roll
09 17
09 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go
09 Bad Girl

Taking Marilyn Manson out of the equation I quite like "Bad Girl". The shouty chorus and then vocoder bridge is a serve

10 Rock n Roll
09 Here's to Never Growing Up
09 17
08 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go
11 Give You What You Like
09 Bad Girl

I'm not emotionally ready for the traumas of Hello Kitty.

I was cherry picking this album last week and this came on by accident. I almost fell off my bike.

the first minute is actually fine (ish?!) but before the halfway point the song TOTALLY runs out of ideas. it's the longest fucking 3:16 of ANYONE'S LIFE.

"Hello Kitty" is her "Bitch I'm Madonna" isn't it? Kind of a hit with the youths? But kind of a disaster?

didn't she also have a dreadful undercut at the time? it was all terribly desperado and trend chasing. very uncouth!

09 Rock N Roll
09 17
09 Bitchin' Summer
08 Let Me Go
09 Bad Girl
03 Hello Kitty

the ka-ka-ka-ka-kawaii breakdown :D *pukes*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom