Bulgaria 2016: Poli Genova - If Love Was a Crime

I hate all the the contemporary dance noises and flourishes, but the song is an undeniable banger.

Her pronounciation is even worse than Serhat's (and mine) but it's hard not to fall for this song.

I think it's an outsider, but if they stage it really well I think it has a chance. It's really quite anthemic.

The odds are pretty good for the weaker semi. If her team capitalises on the electro-ethno vibes, it will stand out from the Romanian and Danish entries sandwiching it.

I think it's an outsider, but if they stage it really well I think it has a chance. It's really quite anthemic.

In all honesty, 'If Love Was A Crime' seems to be the chart pop version of 'Rise Like A Phoenix'. I really fancy their chances with this one.

Well comparisons of it being competitive as a more chart-friendly Rise Like A Phoenix are probably a bit pointless if they don't.

surely that depends on whether he's topping or bottoming?

POLI BIG IN ASIA! :disco:

t9tytf.jpg

Last edited:
This has suddenly shot up to 4th in the betting after hovering around 9-10th for the past few weeks.

I think she's too hatchet faced to be that appealing to the televoters, but time will tell.

My concern is that Bulgaria don't really have a lot of money, so I think the stage show might look a bit basic.

so proud right now.

i just realised this totally works as a gay rights anthem :daf:

love it, i hope she finished top 3.

so proud right now.

i just realised this totally works as a gay rights anthem :daf:

love it, i hope she finished top 3.

This was great but the staging lacked something, they could do so much more with it. Yeah, make it a proper gay anthem, get topless hunks behind her or something.

This was great but the staging lacked something, they could do so much more with it. Yeah, make it a proper gay anthem, get topless hunks behind her or something.

knowing the people normally in charge of such stuff i'm amazing it was this good (i.e. competent and ever so slightly so memorable). also considering the state of the country and our current prime minister (one of the most intellectually challenged, backward "world" "leaders" ever) it's a wonder this is even representing us.

Last edited:

I liked the dancers on the backdrop but they should make that more clear.

I spent most of it thinking she seemed FAR too alone and she should've had dancers come out in the second verse but the last chorus was very satisfying.

LOVE the blackout and breathing before the last chorus :disco:

Last edited:
she needed a good video to begin with. from there a stronger projection would've been enough for a new take on fight for this love.

She needs a better stylist.

Has it ever happened that a singer has comepletely different outfit between semi and finale?

Has it ever happened that a singer has comepletely different outfit between semi and finale?

Surely that would be against the rules? I'd imagine it has to be the same as the presentation people voted for...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom